“Second chance” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Kensington, CT
“Second chance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

We dined once previously at Austin's and were disappointed, but we decided to give it a second chance. We started off with a basket of artisan bread and then shared a very good Caesar salad. Our entrée was a mammoth sized rib eye plus we ordered a colossal baked potato that our server split for us. The rib eye was both tender and flavorful, but the baked potato was once again overdone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Olathe, Kansas
“Magnificent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

My wife and I ate here, and I was very impressed. One of my favorite places to eat in Las Vegas is Second Street Grill, and this place was right up there with them. The ribeye was cooked perfectly medium rare. The side dishes were fantastic. The desserts were great, and the service excellent. It was pretty early on a Monday evening when we were eating here, so they were not busy. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the price. We didn't have drinks, but we did have dessert and a couple of sides and our tab was $125 (with tax and tip). Not horrible, but a little high. I would definitely eat here again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I was over at this steakhouse this past weekend. One of the worst steaks I have ever had. One of my friends read that...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

I was over at this steakhouse this past weekend. One of the worst steaks I have ever had. One of my friends read that this place has dried-aged steaks but the advertisement was wrong (strike 1). I ordered the steak medium expecting the cooks to overcook the steak to median-well and I was right (strike 2). I wasn't really impressed with the services for a steakhouse (strike 3). I would not recommend this place to anyone.

California
“Ribeye Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

The food was absolutely delicious. At first our party decided to go to a place called del frisco's for steak and we were so glad that we did not. Rib Eyes's all around, that steak was like none we had ever had. The waitor was fun and entertaining, the sides and appetizers were delicious, I dont usually write reviews but I was almost fooled into not going because of a bad reveiw that was posted. Dont believe it, you must have that steak, only a vegeterian could appreciate such a good thing. I dont smoke so the location of the resturant almost sent us running I dont really care for the smoke at the casionos. I could smelll smoke in the resturant which really bothered our party, they could stand to re-locate, althogh there is no smoking in the resturant you can still smell the smoke from outdoors, they either need a non smoking section, doors to seperate from the casion, or just relocate all together. Other than that, the food is great!! Definately #1 pick for vegas.

San Diego, CA
“Wedding Reception”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

I got married in Vegas on April 16, 2006. We had our wedding reception in a private dining room at Austin's steakhouse. It was a beautiful room with comfortable seats, excellent service, and great food. Austin's was extremely attentive, their dessert chef made our wedding cake and even stencilled our wedding symbols on the side of our cake. I cant say as to its quality since April 2006 but my small wedding of 20 people had a fabulous evening at Austin's steakhouse. We still talk about it 2 years later.