“2nd time definitely not the charm” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Stay and Buffet!
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in North Las Vegas
Surprise
“2nd time definitely not the charm”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I returned to this location for a second stay. We called ahead to see if we needed a reservation and were told no, that they had plenty of rooms available. On our drive there we saw several billboards advertising a $39.00 room rate during the week. When we got there we walked in and were immediately told that the $39 rate did not apply. Then we were told that they did not have any rooms. So we left and went across town to a very nice Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Don't believe what they advertise!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pahrump, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed at the Cannery for one night. We had been playing there but had never stayed before. We love the customer service. The room was nice and clean although a bit small. We stayed in an ADA accessable room and loved the bathroom. Big enough for wheelchairs without having to squeeze. We had to call for service on our TV and they were right there to reset it. There were great choices for food and even a movie theater. We will stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Surprise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My husband is a long haul truck driver and we travel through Las Vegas 3 times a week. We normally stay overnight in the truck, however due to some recent surgery I needed to stay in a hotel. We picked this one as it has truck parking and is close to one of our deliveries. It was a long walk into the hotel for us which is not unusual. We were checked in quickly and the room was very nice, clean and comfortable. My few complaints are: 1) That the hallway noise is very loud compared to most places. 2) There was not an in room coffee maker. And 3) The door deadbolt was difficult to use. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Bellingham, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Had to stop in Vegas on my home to Washington state but didn't want to be on the strip. This is a great location for folks heading north on Hwy 93 because you can get up in the morning and you're already through Las Vegas. Casino was smoky, of course, but our room smelled smoke-free. Hotel is located in industrial area so absolutely nothing to do in the neighborhood but we didn't care. Ate at the Italian restaurant in the hotel and it was pretty good. When ordering wine waiter suggested on sale variety at $3.00 a glass and it was not bad. I would highly recommend this hotel for folks traveling through on the way north.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
cypress, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Always stay at this hotel because family lives near by, but for the price it is worth the drive down to the strip. Beds are comfy and rooms are big. Casino is clean and staff is nice. They have a nonsmoking slot machine area, which is really nice! The mexican resturant, Casa Cocina, onsite is EXCELLENT!!! Easy parking. All in all I love this hotel and will always go back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
NW Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

First stop of our West Coast Racing/Get Married trip was at the Cannery. We were testing the race car at the dragstrip at LVMS, and the Cannery is the nicest, closest property to the track. Just a couple of exits up, and a newer In 'N Out just a block a way, so this is a great place to stay if racing or spectating at LVMS.

Check in was fast and efficient. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. Very nice mattress. As other's have said, you can smell smoke in the hotel rooms, even in non-smoking rooms. Something is funky with the casino ventilation as we noticed it last year too. But then, DH was smoking so it's wasn't a big deal. He has quit since then and he really noticed it. The hotel added an automatic door in the hallway to the rooms but I don't think it helped much.

We ate breakfast at the Victory Cafe both mornings and the food was fast and good. Great service too. We had dinner in the buffet Saturday night and it was not very impressive. If possible, even worse than the last time. It was the Saturday before Superbowl and we would have thought they would be packed, but no, you could shoot off a cannon in there at 7 pm and not hit a soul. Those in charge of the buffet should step up their game. I don't care how little you pay for the buffet (10.99 or 11.99 with players card, I cannot remember) but it was awful. Charge a few bucks more and offer better food! Service was good there though.

At one point the keys to both the rooms we had booked stopped working. That's quite annoying and we never got a reason why. They fixed it but we had to schlep all the way down to the counter and get them re-issued.

Overall, our stay was fantastic. We slept like babies at night, had great breakfasts, and every staff member we encountered were great to deal with.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Orinda, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I used Booking.com to make a reservation at the Cannery Casino in N. Las Vegas. When I got there, I was told that my reservation was at their other hotel, the East Side Cannery Casino, and that it was not far away.

It turned out to take over 30 minutes to get to the other property. When I got here, I found that my confirmation said that I had indeed booked the N. Las Vegas property. I ended up staying at the East Side since I did not feel like driving back to the other hotel.

My internet connection in the room did not work. I was told that I needed to call the support number, which I did. The support person said that I needed an engineer to come and fix the problem and they would send someone over. From 10:45 - midnight, no one came, despite follow up calls. I was not able to finish my work. I will never stay at any of these properties again and will likely not use Booking.com either.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these North Las Vegas hotels

Been to Cannery Casino? Share your experiences!