“Friendliest staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in North Las Vegas
California
“Friendliest staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

There was a convention in town, so the standard rates all over Las Vegas were bumped higher. I paid more than usual, so for that reason, I cannot rate the "value" greater than average. That said, the staff at this Hampton Inn were simply the friendliest and most accommodating I've interacted with at any Hampton Inn. Shaq at the front desk was warm, engaging and professional. The young woman who managed the breakfast buffet treated everyone like a VIP. She was amazing.

My room was a standard King at the end of the hall, so it was quiet (something I requested). Everything was clean, smelled fresh and was stocked with the basic Hampton Inn items; however, my room also had a microwave and a small fridge encased in a cabinet. I did not see a closet, iron or ironing board in this particular room.

Speaking of the buffet, it was set up in a large room that allowed flow (much appreciated) and was spotlessly clean. The food was standard Hampton Inn fare though this was the first time I had mild and sweet, sliced maple sausage that was not the usual frozen-then-thawed patty or link. Food items were plentiful, hot, FRESH and continuously stocked. Lots of tables, so seating was never a problem.

The only drawback at all was a smell outside the Inn. I did not notice it when I checked in nor when I checked out the following morning, but the evening of my visit, when I went to fetch a couple items from the car, there was an overwhelming stockyard smell. I could not tell where it was coming from, so I don't know if it was unusual or not.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Connie B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Las Vegas / North Speedway, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you! Your confusion about the closet is not our first, we disguise it behind the full length mirror! And, of course, that is where the iron and ironing board are kept. Also, the outdoor smell, is indeed a former pig farm about 3 miles away, while it has been shut down the years of smell, depending on wind direction, do wander this way. Thank you so much for your kind words about Shaq and Glenda, they do love guest service and it shows! We hope you will stay with us again when in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Palmdale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This place is great. I have stayed at Hampton Inn in Lake Wales, Florida, Bakersfield , CA. and now in north Las Vegas. The rooms are comfortable, quiet, clean and the staff will bend over backwards to make sure you have what you need. The breakfast is delicious and there is a large varity to choose from. My family came to visit us just so they could have waffles and stuff. I will always stay at a Hampton Inn if I have a choice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for staying with us and your kind words! We truly love hearing from our guests. Thank you.
Sierra Madre, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had a wonderful stay everything and everyone is great. Breakfest is wonderful. Lobby is very nice. Rooms are very nice. Everything was nice and clean. People are wonderful. Nice area. Close to food places and not that far from the strip. Will be back next year.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for staying with us and your kind words. Our staff loves to make our guests feel comfortable and welcome, because we want to see you again! Thank you.
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've stayed at many hotels and this hotel has a genuine hospitality to where they will go out of their way for you. They made sure I got the right room for my family, they knew their surrounding well to share with me the places to visit around the area, and they also spend quality time to make sure my questions were answered since I wasn't from the area. *Location is great too!! You are just a little bit from Las Vegas (so you have a little quiet time), but your are 53 min from Valley of Fire which I highly recommend seeing.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

The Hampton ads say, "We love having you here!" and at our property we live it!! THANK YOU so much for staying with us, and I agree, Valley of Fire is amazing, Mother Nature beating any manmade beauty! Thank you.
Rigby, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a go-to hotel in the North Las Vegas area for my family, as it is located near extended family we visit on occasion. It is a good example of a typical newer Hampton Inn, and is comfortable and clean. There is an outdoor pool which I believe to be open year-round (it was open during our late November/December trip this year. It is heated, but only a little to lukewarm. You won't confuse it for a hot tub based on the temperature. This hotel has no hot tub. Some of the issues (minor) I experienced with this most recent stay: First, as a HHonors Elite, I was offered no room upgrade upon check-in. In the room itself, the door to the bathroom would not latch shut unless a lot of force was applied, which was impossible for my kids. The shower curtain was almost too short, and was hard to keep in the tub when showering in order to prevent water on the bathroom floor. The shower drain was slow, resulting in a puddle of water in the tub while showering. Finally, the fridge had no temperature adjustment control, and the water I placed in it was frozen solid in the morning.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and then taking the time to rate us. Only with feedback can we continue to improve. We have had the maintenance issues addressed and hope you will return to prove we take your words seriously. Our Hampton only has standard rooms so unfortunately for our most loyal Hilton Honors guests we do not have any upgraded rooms but we do appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again. Thank you.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Linda was wonderful I was so tired from teaveling that she had the maids clean the room early and then she called me to let me check in early. Gave me a great room Shack was great very helpful the rooms were clean the beds were comfortable I will stay there again on my next trip to vegas.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Navarre, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was the only Hilton chain hotel within 10 minutes of Nellis with Government rates ($92/night). Has plenty of restaurants, convenience stores, and pubs nearby. Next to I-15 and a straight shot to the Craig Road gate on Nellis (5-10 mins).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Las Vegas / North Speedway? Share your experiences!