“Beautiful Location, Wonderful Vacation Experience!!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Resort on Mount Charleston to your Saves list
The Resort on Mount Charleston
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2275 Kyle Canyon Rd, Mount Charleston, NV 89124   |
Omaha, Nebraska
“Beautiful Location, Wonderful Vacation Experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

My husband stayed at the Resort on Mount Charleston during January for our anniversary. We had never been there before, but we will definately be going back again soon! The staff was very friendly and helpful, the hotel itself is cozy and very fitting for the location. Our room was immaculate when we checked in and the electric fireplace in the room gave it a very romantic feel, perfect for an anniversary trip. I am very happy with our choice we made to stay at Mount Charleston and I can't wait to go back in the summer to head out on the hiking and biking trails. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those who love the outdoorsy feeling.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
las vegas Vegas, Nevada, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Cute electric fireplaces in every room, friendly staff, and awesome food. Great romantic getaway.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I've lived in Vegas 4 years now and always enjoy the get away to the mountain. Mt. Charleston resort, is always my choice for lodging. The rooms are clean and food is great. Chef Charlie, came out to see if our food was to our liking... It was great. The kids went sledding and had a great time. I recommend it as a weekend get away.......

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

Moved to Las Vegas 3 years ago from Michigan never thought I would miss the snow. Now that I've found this cozy report I never have to miss it again. The views were postcard perfect and the staff was amazing. Who knew that in just 30 minutes I could escape the big city and find peace and quiet.

The room was a haven for peaceful slumber and the electric fireplace was a cozy addition to the ambience.

This would be a perfect setting for a wedding and I am going to encourage my niece to consider it next year.

I met Charlie the chef and his pride and talent showed in the quality of the food served. This truly is a 4 star restaurant with a 4 star staff as well.

If you want to experience the finer side of life you need not go any further than this resort. You owe it to yourself to check it out!

• Stayed January 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

we just wanted to get out of the crazyness of las vegas and remembered that this is only about 30 min away. well worth the short trip. the staff is friendly, the hotel is cozy and the bar is fun (open all night) but the restaurant is wonderful!! we had dinner, late night snack and breakfast and we normally dont eat out to often but the food was fantastic and the service was wonderful. We recomend you try some of the great food if you go it is worth every penny and the portions are mountain size that is for sure.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
MTC1, Manager at The Resort on Mount Charleston, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments and I will pass them along to our staff. We do take pride in our restaurant and it truly is a “cut above”.

Please stop by again on your next trip to the Mountain.

Sincerely
Tim Ouillette
TOuillette@mtcharlestonresort.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

We received an offer for $99, which included 2 dinner entrees and 2 breakfast entrees. It sounded like a good deal, and we thought it might make a good mini-getaway from the city. I upgraded for $50 to one of the King Suites, which was described as having a separate room with a fireplace and flat-screen TV/DVD player. After I made the reservation, I read some of the reviews on here and got a little nervous to the point of almost cancelling and staying at another hotel instead. However, knowing that reviews are subjective, we decided to give it a try. Let me get the negatives out of the way first. The property is very old and outdated. The carpets in the rooms look like they haven't been changed (or cleaned) since Nixon was in office; I brought a pair of sock to wear in the room and they were filthy by the time I went to bed. The bathrooms have old, chipped tile and look dingy, though they seemed like they had been cleaned. Still, neither of us wanted to use the shower. The screen door to the balcony off the main room was off the track and leaning against the building, the door to the bedroom balcony didn't open at all, and there was a beer bottle with tabacco spit sitting on the air conditioning unit outside. The heating/cooling system is also very noisy and weird, as in difficult to figure out. We had to trial and error it until we got it to a comfortable temperature. The fireplace in the suite hadn't been cleaned since the last guest, there was an old burned log in it. When we asked about the fireplace (the main reason I booked the suite) we were told that they had run out of logs, but that an adjustment would be made (more on that later). The DVD player in the main room (with the non-operational fireplace) was broken, and the remote for that TV didn't work anyway. Luckily there was a TV/DVD player in the bedroom that did work. We are both pretty tech saavy, but there were no instructions so we had to call down to the desk. They did send someone up promptly to show us how to work it. So we couldn't use the extra room at all, but to be fair they did waive the upgrade fee and the $11 resort fee. I can honestly say I cannot remember having a worse night's sleep, well, ever. Certainly not in the past decade. The bed was hard and one side sloped. My back was sore for a week after! I usually like to sleep in and try for a late check out, but we were up, ate breakfast and checked out by 9:30 (Check out time is 11 am). This isn't necessarily a negative, but be aware there are no elevators, so if you're on the third floor be prepared to walk. Now for the few positives. All the staff we dealt with were very nice. The lobby is cozy, gives a nice first impression. The restaurant was surprisingly good and reasonably priced. We both had steaks, which were excellent. The dining room is relatively small, and it seems like they only have one server on for each meal. We didn't have a problem with it at all, both times we ate there our servers were attentive and did better than some places with triple the waitstaff. However, you may experience a wait to be seated or to get your food, though they did a good job making sure the hot stuff came out hot. Other than the company, the meals were definitely the best part of the trip. I would consider eating there again, but honestly, you couldn't pay ME $99 to stay there again. I think the staff does the best they can with what they have to work with, which is an old property in desperate need of many, many upgrades. If you are going to try this, definitely look for a deal - the regular price for the package we had (per their web site) was double what we paid, and I would have thrown a fit had we been paying the full rate. So unfortunately, with all the great accommodations in Vegas, do yourself a favor and pass on this one :( Your back will thank you for it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
MTC1, Manager at The Resort on Mount Charleston, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Thank your for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. We are very happy to hear that our staff provided you with excellent service.

We apologize for some of the issues you had during your stay and we are currently making improvements and renovating the property.

I do hope you give us another try after all renovations have been completed.

Please contact me prior to yuor next stay.

Tim Ouillette
Touillette@mtcharlestonresort.com

Travelers are raving about these Mount Charleston hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Wow! Who thought you could get away from the loud noise of the strip just 30 min away? We had a wonderful time. The hotel was nice. We were told the bed were brand new and they felt like it. Soft and very relaxing. We had dinner in there restaurant and the food was amazing. Not only great taste but the portions were huge! We hung out in the bar and had some fun then went to our room and sat on our balcony looking into the mountains with the snow it was breath taking!! We had breakfast in the morning and the service was just a good then as it was at night outstanding! We will be back on a regular basis and next time schedule a massage just for fun.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Resort on Mount Charleston? Share your experiences!