The Resort on Mt Charleston is not at or near the top of the mountain, so if you are looking for mountaintop views, you will not get them here. You will need to continue up Kyle Canyon Road to the Lodge for upper level views. Even then, you are about 3,000 ft below the summit.
The staff at the resort was cordial and our room, on the first floor, was comfortable. Be aware there are no elevators, so if you are on the third floor (top floor) you will carry luggage up stairs. The only working ice machine was on the third floor, and there was no refrigerator in our room. The bed was comfortable, but the bathroom has not been updated. We had eaten at the Lodge, so did not have dinner there, for which reservations were recommended at check-in. We will return for snow views later in the winter, knowing how to plan for our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional style for National Parks, abundant use of wood & stone, many fireplaces throughout property - 35 miles from Las Vegas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Resort on Mount Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort On Mount Charleston Hotel Mount Charleston
- Hotel On Mount Charleston
- Resort On Mount Charleston