“Serenity on the mountain.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mt. Charleston Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Charleston
Mt. Charleston Lodge
You added Mt. Charleston Lodge to your Saves list
5375 Kyle Canyon Rd, Mount Charleston, NV 89124   |
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Serenity on the mountain.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed for one night. We checked in early and then took a long hike up to Mary Jane Falls. We had a cabin all the way down the steps so it was more private than some of the others; be sure to look at the cabin map when choosing a cabin! We enjoyed taking a nice soak in the jacuzzi tub after our tiring hike. We then enjoyed a cocktail and appetizers (since they provide a fridge and microwave in the room) on the deck watching the hummingbirds fly all around us. Then it was off to dinner at the lodge which is a two minute walk. Dinner was delicious and fairly reasonable for the beautiful scenery we enjoyed! The only negative was a strange smell in the cabin, not really bad but just weird like maybe some type of cleaning supplies? We had a great day and evening and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Choose a cabin furthest away from the road so that your balcony is more private!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We rent a small cottage here when we want to be alone and get away from it all. We bring a few snacks and drinks, but eat most of our meals at the lodge. It's a little bit expensive but worth it. The Winter quiet and Summer cool make this a favorite place for us to stay anytime of year. The office people are friendly and knowledgable. There is a well known hiking trail across the street for seasoned hikers with a killer view at the top. I like to walk the small neighborhood nearby and dream about living in the mountains again. Get away for a few days and come here, you will be glad you did :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night for his birthday in January. My cabin was ready an hour and a half late which caused us to wait in the office for 15min holding our bags with no apology, yet there are numerous signs stating if you are one minute late for checkout you are charged 30$ an hour after that..Cabin was pretty cute, a lil dated, they are very scrunched together so if you go outside you feel like you're in an apt building that got snow. When we got home we saw an addtl charge for $130, called the front desk the young lady said there was a note that stated it was a pet fee, I told her "we didnt have a pet there, you were right there as we stood in your office with our truck parked by your window, did you see a dog?" she told me they charge for a pet whenever they find any dog hair.. spent the next few days waiting for the manager to return my calls and arguing with her. Let me tell you, I work in the hospitality industry and these people DO NOT CARE how you feel about your stay or if they are doing business fairly, because frankly, they are not.. I pointed out to her how many of her staff watched us walk in and out of our room upon entering and leaving and that at no time did we have a dog but she said since they found dog hair and put it in a ziplock bag they can say we had a dog, she repeated 100 times "we are not a corporation, we are privately owned and may charge whenever we want" .. what gets me is she knows we didnt have a dog, she saw an opportunity to take money from us and took it because some dog hair fell off our clothes while we were there (we have a chow and husky so sometimes unfortunately it happens). Also let me note I noticed on their website the cabin we stayed in was actually a pet friendly cabin and she said she charged us because we were going to cause future guests allergy problems. terrible business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Mount Charleston hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Being a Vegas local, I have booked and stayed here before. Its been years, and I wanted a quick romantic getaway. I booked the lovebird suite # 16 months ago and when asked if I was bringing a pet, I said-Yes, my small dog. I arrive today, checked into the cabin, unpacked my things and got a knock on the door. The cabin crew asked if I had a dog & I said, um, yes. They said that particular cabin was not pet friendly and they would have to switch me to another cabin. Ok, I oblidged, apparently the girl that booked me didn't realize when booking that the cabin I booked was not pet friendly. So we move all of our stuff to into the other cabin #23. #23 was older, dirtier and had a different layout with gross weathered carpet instead of the cabin wod flooring the others have. So I went back to the office and said I was not going to be able to stay in #23. They said I could pay a $100 pet cleaning fee to move back into the other one, so I unhappily said I would pay it. (since this has been planned for months) We move back to the original cabin #16-unpack, light candles, etc. Hubby goes to rent a couple of movies at the office, they tell him in addition to the pet cleaning fee, I would also have to pay a pet fee. So the initial rental went up over 50%. At this time, I was done. The office girls tried to work it out but their manager (who was not even there) gave them orders by phone to continue to overcharge me. We packed up our stuff, and headed home. Of course we have a beautiful home and all that, but the point is that this was my V-day pressie to the hubs. Our peaceful hike for the am was ruined as well...so home and not happy to have missed our romantic cabin night due to the inexperience of the person who booked my reservation and the inflexible manager.

The Mt. Charleston Hotel is much easier to deal with, pet friendly, ok food and no issues. I have stayed there several times. I don't recommend the cabins unless you want to leave with a headache & dissapointment.

Room Tip: Don't stay in #23, #16 is the best one.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

After sledding on the mountain my family decided, despite horrible reviews, to give the restaurant at the lodge a try. When entering the hotel it is obvious that numerous updates are needed, even our three and four year old pointed out the cobwebs hanging from the animal busts. The decor itself reminded me of a lodge that must have been decorated in the seventies.

When we got to the restaurant we were standing in a group of two other families waiting to be seated. It was twenty mins before we were even greeted, even though it appeared they were not very busy and had plenty of waiter's and waitress's. As another couple left the restaurant they did try and warn us by saying "good luck, service was horrible". We were hoping that was just their experience.

Once we did make it to our table we requested two booster seats, which the waitress obviously had forgotten about since we saw her chatting with her fellow workers. We asked her again and she said "oh yeah, let me see if I can round those up". Despite the appearance of enough help tables sat unclean through half our meal, we watched other people waiting to be sat and waitress's yelling across the restaurant to each other to figure out if anyone had helped them.

Our waitress continued to not be very attentive and the food didn't exactly make up for the lack of service, it was mediocre. The only thing this lodge has going for it is the amazing view. I would rather bring a picnic and park somewhere where I can enjoy the view then ever pay for that service and "ambiance" again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had a cabin for the 14th of Jan. and I got a call from the cabins informing me that my pipes had froze :( I was sad but then they said that they had a cabin available for the next day so I took it and I was hoping that the pipes wouldn't freeze again. They were fine so I came up and they were so apologetic for the mishap the day before. They were so nice and the manager was amazing to us!!! My cabin was so adorable we were in cabin 25. I loved the cute little fireplace and the beautiful view from my balcony. It was so nice to get away from the busy college life back at home. I had the BEST time and I highly recommend it!!!! IT WAS SOOOO ROMANTICCC! <3

Room Tip: The lower cabins are the bee's knees!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I reserved a cabin for our one year anniversary. We were very excited to spend a romantic time with each other in a cozy place. We packed the car and drove two hours to find out that they cancelled our reservation. Check in was 2pm and they called at 2:05pm when we were only 15 minutes away. We asked if there was anything they could do to help us find another room or a cabin and they said "No you can try to come back next week" Im broken hearted that they ruined our special night and cabin getaway. What made me really upset was that the manager did not care or offer any assistance. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mt. Charleston Lodge? Share your experiences!