“Quiet location off US 395” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Minden
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Quiet location off US 395”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This facility is nestled alongside a small park and indoor movie theater. Since it is almost a block
off to the west of 395, it is easy to miss. This motel runs at a slower place than some things in
Nevada, has no gambling equipment and comes with a small, but friendly staff. The rooms are
spacious and attractive. I liked the fact that this motel is right next to a dollar store and has a
Dairy Queen and Starbucks in the same area complex. The heating and cooling operation is
a bit unusual in that a room key needs to be inserted, in order for the system to run.

As they continue to upgrade this place, I suspect my rating will move to "very good" on my next
visit, in a year or so. I'm not a fan of motel breakfasts, and so have no comment on that area.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south and west sides are usually the quieter ones.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reno
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I would not recommend this facility to anyone. It might be clean, but that is as far as I would go with it. No one at the front desk when you need assistance, TV's are old, no amenities to speak of, quality of the breakfast was iffy at best, the hard boiled eggs were old and smelled funny, a real health concern. If you want a nice place to say, don't choose this place. I hope someone notifies management of the poor quality of this facility. One look at the grounds surrounding the facility and this tells you a lot abut the quality of the place, the grounds are a mess and so is the rest of the place.

Room Tip: No good rooms here
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Minden hotels

Redding, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were one of two customers valentines night 2013. Staff very friendly. The room is large but there is no comforter or extra blankets or pillows or towels and we left at 5 am because it was too cold. Also, we arrived 9pm and the room was super cold so impossible to sleep for a while. It was clean except for the slider web in the recessed light. This is a basic accommodation and you get what you pay for. Bonus..nice staff, clean. Minus...not comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a very friendly hotel with all needed facilities, clean and big rooms and great breakfast. We were very happy to stay overnight on our way to San Francisco. Opened 24 hours. We checked in late, staff was very helpfull. We enjoyed our stay! Thank you, guys!

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

So I came in here tonight (Christmas) cause the weather got SO BAD I couldn't even take it to Carson city mind you minden is like 20 min from my house in c.c.. my car just couldn't make it. I first tried holiday inn express they wanted $140 for one night NO WAY , I knew I could of gotten a better deal somewhere else. So I called quality inn n the lady I talked to was so nice her name was NICOLE, she gave me a quote on the phone for $70 but she said since it was Christmas she would give it to me for $50 AWESOME ! Than I told her I had a pet n she said it was $15 , ok not bad, when I got there I told her what was going on w/ the weather n my car sliding all over the place bla bla it was just horrible. So than she went way beyond and waived the pet fee, I got a pretty decent room for $50 , it's small but clean and exactly what I needed nothing special. I'm very happy with my experience here , I'd definitely come here again just cause of what she did for me and the rooms even without the discount aren't bad at all , it was just me and my bf so it was perfect for us.

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great experience, comfortable rooms, good breakfast. I traveled with a friend who said the coffee pot in his room didn't work and the room had an odor; not unbearable but could have been addressed. Also his window screen was missing. So there were some maintenance issues. My room was great! Bed was comfy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
gardengoddess132
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed one night in the Motor-Lodge and it was clean, large,comfortable and checking out via the t.v. was easy. It's a quick drive or a little walk over to the casino. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool--which has a nice big balcony outside too. I enjoyed the casino which had a fun band playing on stage and the bartender didn't charge me for club soda. The restaurant (can't remember the name) was really busy but the food and service were good. Everyone we came in contact with was very friendly:) It was Me (the Mom) with my 3 teenage girls and we felt safe the whole time...If we find ourselves in Minden again this will be our "go to" spot for an overnight.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!