“Low price decent enough” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Minden
Redding, California
“Low price decent enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were one of two customers valentines night 2013. Staff very friendly. The room is large but there is no comforter or extra blankets or pillows or towels and we left at 5 am because it was too cold. Also, we arrived 9pm and the room was super cold so impossible to sleep for a while. It was clean except for the slider web in the recessed light. This is a basic accommodation and you get what you pay for. Bonus..nice staff, clean. Minus...not comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a very friendly hotel with all needed facilities, clean and big rooms and great breakfast. We were very happy to stay overnight on our way to San Francisco. Opened 24 hours. We checked in late, staff was very helpfull. We enjoyed our stay! Thank you, guys!

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

So I came in here tonight (Christmas) cause the weather got SO BAD I couldn't even take it to Carson city mind you minden is like 20 min from my house in c.c.. my car just couldn't make it. I first tried holiday inn express they wanted $140 for one night NO WAY , I knew I could of gotten a better deal somewhere else. So I called quality inn n the lady I talked to was so nice her name was NICOLE, she gave me a quote on the phone for $70 but she said since it was Christmas she would give it to me for $50 AWESOME ! Than I told her I had a pet n she said it was $15 , ok not bad, when I got there I told her what was going on w/ the weather n my car sliding all over the place bla bla it was just horrible. So than she went way beyond and waived the pet fee, I got a pretty decent room for $50 , it's small but clean and exactly what I needed nothing special. I'm very happy with my experience here , I'd definitely come here again just cause of what she did for me and the rooms even without the discount aren't bad at all , it was just me and my bf so it was perfect for us.

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great experience, comfortable rooms, good breakfast. I traveled with a friend who said the coffee pot in his room didn't work and the room had an odor; not unbearable but could have been addressed. Also his window screen was missing. So there were some maintenance issues. My room was great! Bed was comfy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
gardengoddess132
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed one night in the Motor-Lodge and it was clean, large,comfortable and checking out via the t.v. was easy. It's a quick drive or a little walk over to the casino. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool--which has a nice big balcony outside too. I enjoyed the casino which had a fun band playing on stage and the bartender didn't charge me for club soda. The restaurant (can't remember the name) was really busy but the food and service were good. Everyone we came in contact with was very friendly:) It was Me (the Mom) with my 3 teenage girls and we felt safe the whole time...If we find ourselves in Minden again this will be our "go to" spot for an overnight.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Arrived late in the day after a long drive, met by a smiling receptionist -- good start.
1st room not good due to a flooded bathroom -- does no one check !!. Given another room with no fuss.
Good choice of eatery's within a walking distance.
Overall -- about right for the money

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Port Hadlock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

First, on entering the office you pass two huge piles of bird droppings by the pillars that no one seems to think needs cleaning up. Could not get the thermostat to work so called front office...ringing at least 12 times...twice, and she did not answer. Finally had to go to the office in person to find out about the tricky little plastic thing on your door key that has to be inserted into the magic light switch in order to access the thermostat. Give me a break. Then when we turned on the sink faucet the knob came off in our hand. But room was very clean, nice firm bed with pillow top. Three restaurants next door were all closed on Monday when we were there so had to drive into town to find another restaurant. There is only one. If you just want a decent place to sleep at a reasonable price, this place is fine.

Room Tip: The location is far enough off the highway that it is quiet. Any room would likely be just fine.