“Breakfast out” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Minden
Minden, Nevada
“Breakfast out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had eaten their food when they were operating the food truck. We were somewhat disappointed that the food did not seem as good in the café as it was from the food truck. Food was served rather cool and not as flavorful as we remembered.

Visited May 2014

Gardnerville, Nevada
“Refreshing change”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

It is great to have a restaurant in town serving something different. Good food, cute decor, and a little jazzy New Orleans feel. Open for breakfast and lunch. Check them out.

“Try it; you'll like it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I've tried breakfast and lunch here, and really enjoyed both. The staff is wonderful, the atmosphere inviting, and the food...delicious! I really like the salad; the vegetables are crisp and fresh, and the house dressing is one of the best and most original I've tried in the Valley (I am super picky when it comes to dressing!). The blackened fish sandwich is very tasty and well executed; spicy and crisp on the outside, flakey and tender on the inside. Yum! I really hope the word gets out about this restaurant; this little place deserves a chance.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minden, Nevada
“I ate there and will do so again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Minden has a new restaurant and if you haven't eaten there you are missing out. When you walk in it has a warm, welcoming look of New Orleans on a sunny day. It's a cozy diner type place with a very friendly staff. They play great blues and jazz music in the background. You can dine in or take out and most of the items on the menu are between $6 and $11 so it's very reasonably priced. The chef takes the tastes of Creole and adds his own touches to classic Creole cuisine for breakfast and lunch. All dishes are prepared to order with fresh ingredients for a quality food. I've had several dishes but the breakfast dish Shrimp & Grits is one of my favorites cause it was so creamy delicious. Also for breakfast they have items you can't get anywhere else in town like Pan Perdu and Calas. For lunch you can have a Shrimp Po' Boy or a blackened fish filet sandwich with sweet potato tater tots. I had the fish & chips which is served with a special homemade sauce I like much better than the usual tarter. If you want more of an entrée, they have Seafood Alfredo with bow tie pasta or Jambalaya. This food is a welcome change to the same old food in town and I highly recommend you try this great new restaurant.

• Visited February 2014