“This was a nice hotel, less than the Tahoe prices.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Minden
Gilbert, Arizona
“This was a nice hotel, less than the Tahoe prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We (my husband and I) found that this hotel had some issues. One the elevator did what it wanted, went up when we asked to go down, ice machine you had to put your room key in to use this is not intuitive, and three the tv was reset, I had to scan for stations. But the beds were good, and the room clean, and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ceres, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked a 2-queen suite. Very clean and fresh. Not much bigger than a regular room though. A bonus was no trouble with our 2 small dogs. No covered parking made the high heat very uncomfortable and the trees were too young to offer any shade. Has a nice laundry, exercise room and pool with spa (thank goodness for the spa!). Inside and out looked very nice and although new, was well maintained. Breakfast, although varied with choices is only average. Great coffee all day! All staff (regardless of position) we asked questions and opinions of were willing and invariably gave good recommendations and advice!! The staff was certainly the highlight of our stay there.

Room Tip: They only take dogs on the 1st floor - all dog rooms in the same corridor. A non-smoking facility. H...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Debra L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Steve A,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay, the hotel and the staff. A building is just a building (while ours is a step above), what makes it special are the guest, the staff and the interactions that take place. This is one area Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minden excels. We love to help make our guests stay the best stay possible and the reviews show we take it seriously. I hope you have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Check-in was a breeze. Fresh coffee and delicious cookies set for the afternoon. Breakfast was very good.....it's my first time to see an automatic pancake maker!
There was a Miss Nevada event in the hotel during our stay and it was fun to see all the beauty queens.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor. Mom and brother in another room. Every room seemed fine. Some rooms fa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Debra L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear "Drafted by/The Man,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Minden. There is nothing like hot pancakes, real butter and syrup to start a day! Of course this is only one of 26 items we feature during our daily buffet style breakfast.

We too enjoyed hosting the Miss Nevada contestants. Did you get a chance to visit and have your picture taken with the ladies during our Ice Cream Social?

I hope you have occasion to visit us again in the near future.

Debra Lang
Sparks, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stay in this hotel because it was close to Genoa. We were going to the Genoa Cowboy Festival. It is very clean, very quite. We heard no outside noise at all. easy to find. The staff was very friendly and spoke to us each time that they saw us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Debra L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello HairBiz,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minden while attending Genoa cowboy Festival. Wasn't that a fun event! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Debra
Davis, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

So over a week before our stay I called to change the reservation and stay one less day. My written contract said I could cancel the day of my visit before 6 p.m. with no penalty. I figured by calling early they could possibly book the room for another customer. The General Manager (Ms. D.L.) was not available when I called to change and the staff who answered the phone said they did not have the authority to make the change (in fact no one had authority-not even the assistant GM). No big deal, so I asked the GM to call me back (No response). I then sent an e-mail explaining my situation and even stated in the e-mail that the reason for written correspondence was to create written documentation (No response from GM), though staff informed me that she said that if I cancelled my credit card would be charged. Another family I know went online to cancel and did get charged. Sent several other e-mails over several days (No response). Finally just got frustrated and called Corporate. They looked at my reservation and could not figure out what the big deal was. I told Corporate that the GM said she would still charge my credit card, they said she could not and to trust them...within 5 minutes my situation was resolved. Corporate was nice enough to open an investigation since this was not the normal policy at all for their company. And the bullying, intimidation, and stall tactic techniques utilized by the GM were not at all part of the companies policies. For our actual stay, surprisingly the GM was there after over a week of not being available (in person, by phone, or e-mail) and I really felt like I was not a welcome guest. Remember I did call Corporate, but I'm betting most of you would not be patient and wait a week to resolve your issue. I had two 4 year old kids and a 9 year old and we did not check in until after 4:00. We arrived just after 1:00. Now it's true check in is not until 3:00, but I personally have never had to wait past the check in time. Other guests got in before 3:00 and some checked in before our 1:00 time. So we just went out to lunch and returned after the time they gave us. Needless to stay I will not be staying at this hotel again, or any that the General Manager is connected too.

Room Tip: One side has a nice view of the mountains...we were not placed on that side :-(
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Debra L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hello Stephen,

Thank you for taking a moment or two to document your dissatisfaction with the arrangements made for your group stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minden. I hope all the other positive reviews we have received on Trip Advisor regarding guest satisfaction with our facilities, our employees and our friendly hospitality will help our readers to understand our true nature. Good luck in the future.

Winnemucca, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we were visiting relatives. Which we really enjoyed the beds in this place they are the best we were so tired from a really long drive and we slept so comfortable.The rooms are so clean and love the new style. Lobby and breakfast was also really nice and clean. And staff was so friendly and professional. Next time we are in Minden we will be staying here.

Room Tip: Any room is nice and quite. But top floor is always the best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Debra L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Viviana,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minden. We pride ourselves in offering a a superior product with warm, friendly service just like if you stayed in our home. We look forward to your next visit.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minden
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Pro's for this hotel are semi-cushy comfy beds with nice sheets. Very clean in lobby and rooms (to be expected as it's a newer hotel). Nicely decorated with euro shower curtain and granite bath counter. We stayed in the King Bed Executive Suite...overlooking the parking lot. Which was kinda odd considering there were about 10 cars in the parking lot (pssst ask for the 2nd or 3rd floor FACING the gorgeous mountain range). Staff was super friendly and helpful. So here's the Cons...small room for an Executive Suite. When I put those two words together I expect a larger suite with a bigger flat screen (couldn't been above a 22"?) and more plush in all the amenities...hence the word SUITE. Noisy a/c. Loud as several parties going on straight across from us...hotel staff got them quieted down after an hour (I understand it's not the staff's fault that people are inconsiderate but still can't sleep with slamming doors at 2am). The breakfast was something I'd find in my kitchen. Yep, I'm complaining about a free breakfast. We usually choose hotels to include a free breakfast and I've been pleasantly surprised by some excellent food selections. This was sub par but it fed us and fulfilled our morning java fix (again sub par java). All in all a good hotel but NOT worth the amount we paid for a one night stay. I will say if you like to swim and go in a tiny jacuzzi it's indoors plus it has a very small work out room with a free business center. All good amenities if you utilize them!

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd or 3rd floor facing the gorgeous mountain range!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Debra L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Meirishgal,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minden. Your input is helpful in our effort to improve operations. We appreiciate your kind words regarding our friendly staff and impeccably clean property. Our daily hot buffet style breakfast offers 26 items to meet our guest expectations. If you are able to return in the future feel free to call us direct at 775.782.7500 and we can help in the selection of your room type to best meet your size, location and view preferences.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden? Share your experiences!