“IF you do not tip the waitress you are run out of the casino” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   275 Mesa Blvd., Mesquite, NV 89027   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mesquite
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. George, Utah
“IF you do not tip the waitress you are run out of the casino”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

if you do not tip the watress you will be asked to A to leave, b. to not be given a drink and or to leave if you have less than $5.00 C. To pay for your own drinks from now on...Since two years ago most of the loyal players have either left and gone to the other casinos in town because they are not paying as they use to...and if you have a prolblem forget it...It has really gone down hill in the last couple of years...It was the best before that but now....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

For a reasonable price, this hotel is good if you are here for golfing with some gambling. The rooms are clean and fine, but nothing fancy. The casino being located across the parking lot is no problem for access. It is actually convenient that you can get away to the quiet hotel building.

• Stayed April 2010
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

The hotel recently underwent a $30 million renovation. The rooms were on the larger side and had tables, chairs and a sitting area (for the regular king room). The decor is dark wood, the bathrooms are modern. The soap, shampoo, and lotion is Gilchrist and Soames. They do not provide hair conditioner so bring your own. Hairdryers are in the rooms.

The pool is nice and large, there are 2 hot tubs which I enjoyed (minus the kids in one of them). One minus is the the towels at the pool are TINY. About the size of the bath towels which are also small comparatively. Bring your own pool towel.

The public areas were all very clean. There is even a free computer in the lobby with internet only access so you can print your boarding pass. All of the staff I interacted with were all pleasant. They have made this hotel into a mini resort. It is also the closest hotel to Wolf Creek Golf course.

The casino had a live band on Friday night, basic casino, mainly slots but still tables galore. The outside patio has a fire pit and HD televisions so you can sit out there with a drink and hang.

This hotel far exceeds any of the other hotels in Mesquite. Compared to hotels across the country I've stayed in, its still a little below. I'll give 4 stars since it was a pleasant stay and the Eureka is definitely trying to up the game in Mesquite.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

We have been staying at the Eureka for many years. We like the location, which is a short walk away from the casino. You can also take a shuttle to the casino. The hotel went through a recent renovation but the only thing that appeared renovated were the painted walls. The shower hasn't been touched. The beds are THE WORST EVER and made tons of noise while turning over. My back hurt after sleeping on the beds. Please get new beds! The staff have always been helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
dar275, Manager at Eureka Casino Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2010
Dear Valued Customers,

All of our standard Deluxe and Resort Rooms feature Sealy Hotel Executive Ltd. Series - Firm edition bed mattresses. Several of our guests enjoy the firm mattresses and the support they provide. Additionally, all of our Deluxe and Resort Rooms received modifications such as marble sink vanities and warm earth tone colors during our renovation. If you'd like to learn more about our rooms, please stop by our Front Desk for a room tour or visit our website.

Eureka Casino Resort Management
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

I stayed at the Eureka at the end of March 2010 and will never stay again. I booked my room online unaware that the credit card I had given was only holding my reservation. That being said, when I checked in (without informing me) they automatically charged my debit card without my knowledge. The women checking me in also had very poor customer service skills and was rude. Once I returned home from my trip, I had realized the charge to my card. I called to ask why my card had been charged and the manager by the name of Nanette was the rudest women I have ever delt with. After a back and forth dispute, she could not help me with what had happened and proceeded to hang up on me. Not only poor service, the rooms are nothing like the pictures shown on the website. I would not recommend.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Never having seen Zion National Park (and hearing how wonderful it was) I decided to come to Nevada a couple of days early in advance of the first and second rounds of March Madness. Looking for a place to stay with a casino (so on this side of AZ or UT), but still close enough that Zion could be a one-day adventure, I took the advice of a business colleague and booked at the Eureka.

After an early morning flight from DC, I met up with a friend of mine in Vegas and drove up. In a short 75 minutes we were pulling into the Eureka, and were impressed with the overall quality of the property, as well as it's location and ease of access off Interstate-15.

It looked like the hotel had been recently refurbished, because the hotel was in good repair (better than some of the "lux" Vegas hotels I have stayed at in the past). Plenty of parking near the hotel front entrances.

My reservation was in order, and we were lead to our first-floor room, a short distance from the front desk. In all honesty, I was a little concerned, because I had been in hotels before where it was very noisy so close to the main area, but I shouldn't have been because I didn't hear a thing once I got inside the room :)

ROOM:

We had a two-double bed room, which had everything we needed for a short trip. I don't spend much time in hotel rooms typically, but had I needed to for any reason, they were comfortable and clean. The bathroom was a little small for my tastes, but seeing as it had everything I "needed" I really can't complain. Considering that I recall seeing when I set up the reservation that suites were available, if it is important enough to have a larger bathroom and living space, the Eureka could still meet your needs.

The beds were comfortable, on the firmer side, which I like.

I set up a wakeup call for the next morning, and it was right on time. ("Dear Palms Place, you can learn from the Eureka when it comes to this...")

We had a non-smoking room, and I didn't have any problems at all.

POOL:
I'd overheard a staff member talking to one of the other guests about the "oasis-like" pool, so I of course had to take a look. A cabana (or it might have been two, I was a bit busy checking out the surroundings...) and plenty of loungers were available. The pool was nice, not huge, but really not any larger than I needed considering that I wouldn't have to share it with 5,000 other guests (another complaint about Vegas hotels).

Another nice aspect of the pool area was that it didn't close until 11pm. Granted, when I come to a casino, it's not really my first inclination to sit in the pool and relax, however, I do enjoy being able to go to the spa after a run in the evening, so the later closing time worked well with my schedule.

BUSINESS CENTER:

Taking off in the middle of the week to go watch basketball games was fine and dandy, but I still had a little work I needed to accomplish, so I used the business center twice. With a fairly fast Internet connection (it could probably be improved, but I'm not sure what's available out near the border there from telcom companies, so it might mot be their problem), a working(!), free(!!) printer, i was able to at least make it look like I was still engaged on my projects :)

CASINO:

A short, well-marked walk cross the property takes you to the Eureka Casino, a nice looking place. It isn't the Aria at CityCenter, but hey, having a "locals" feeling is a nice attraction for me. The gaming surfaces felt new, and I saw a large number of slots and gaming machines, with lots of the most recent multi-line/coin versions. There was a 5-player "fishing" one that looked really popular with the gamblers, as it was nearly always full.

The dealers at the $5 blackjack tables I played over the next few days were friendly, but didn't feel "fake", this seemed to put the table at ease, even for those gamers who appeared to be very quite socially. Thumbs up!

The player's club was easy to join, and while I didn't play nearly enough to take advantage of it, I did get a nice insulated coffee mug with the Eureka logo, so I guess I came out ahead, even without playing a bunch :)

There were a number of people smoking in the casino, but all in all, I didn't leave smelling like I was at a smoker's convention, as has been past experience. I don't know if they do it with fans or just that less people in Mesquite smoke, but it was a nice change.

FOOD:

We at at the buffet the first night and the cafe for breakfast the next two mornings. The buffet was well stocked, with the standards (seafood, steak, chicken, pasta, pizza) and being St. Patrick's Day on Wednesday, there was a themed section of the buffet with Irish foods and desserts.

The cafe in the casino (the name escapes me) served filling American-style breakfast (pancakes, corned beef hash, eggs, etc.) and was quite busy both mornings. Not too bad that the service suffered, but I do feel for the staff, as they obviously cared about providing a good experience, but just didn't get the time to do more than quickly take an order and check up once in a while on refills or extra items. The meals came out quickly, and were consistently good both days, so I'd imagine if we were there longer, it would have continued to be the same. According to my travel partner, the "Four of a Kind" breakfast plate (I'll call it a platter, seeing as it was huge) more than met his need!

As another plus for the "Eureka Player's Club", being a member entitled you to $2 off a meal at the buffet and the cafe, so the already well-priced food was a steal!

Checkout was smooth, and the bill contained everything I expected it would.

I'm looking forward to taking my family up there in the next year or so, to show them Zion National Park. When we do, I know I'll be staying at the Eureka. My kids are going to love the pool, and my wife will enjoy the gaming and the spa services that I saw being offered. One of the women sitting next to me at a blackjack table was telling her friend about the massage she had set up for the next day--too bad we were leaving, or I'd have seen if I could find an appointment as well, but alas, I "had" to get back to Vegas to watch a bunch of basketball.

Thank you to the Eureka staff, you've won a return customer :)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I usually stay in St. George for my golf outings, but every hotel was booked there so I made the short dirve down to Mesquite to gamble a little on my stay. This hotel says it has been remodeled, but I just don't see it. My "non-smoking" room smelled of ashtrays and smoke, the bed was harder than the floor. The t.v. from 1978 did not work, and the hotel had no internet service at the time I stayed. I called down to the front desk to complain about the smell and the lack of 2010 technology...and they said there was nothing they could do. I was booked for 3 days and ended up leaving after 1 night as I could not stay there for one more night.

The one positive.....the steakhouse in the Eureka Casino (Gregory's), was actually very good. Too bad the rest is not up to par.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Eureka Casino Resort? Share your experiences!