“Pleasant Surprise and a Bargain” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Laughlin

You added Tropicana Laughlin to your Saves list
Tropicana Laughlin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2121 S. Casino Drive, Laughlin, NV 89029 (Formerly Tropicana Express)   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Utah
“Pleasant Surprise and a Bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

I wasn't sure what kind of room $20 would get in Laughlin, NV but I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. I was especially happy as a non-smoker to have a room where there was NO trace of smell and was also so exceptionally quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were so nice that the hotel offered them for sale.

On top of that the room was very clean. I won't hesitate to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Monterey, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

We had booked 3 rooms for 2 nights from 2/7 - 2/9/09. The beds were comfortable, but the air conditioner/heater and bathroom fan was like a 757 landing. There was no way you could watch TV or talk on the phone with the air conditioner/heater on. The fan in the bathroom came on whenever the light was on and it was located right next to your head whenever you stood at the sink. I couldn't hear the door or anyone talking in the room. Will not be staying there again.

• Liked — Bed
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

We just got back yesterday and loved the comfortable room. Beds were so comfortable and no shortage of pillows. These wee plump pillows, not like some hotels where you need 2 or 3. The best thing was pool area which had an adults only hot tub and adults only swim times in AM and PM. Plenty of lounge chairs and table and chairs around pool. I just wished it was a little warmer while we were there. Food OK in buffet. It was only 6.99 with players card and had a good selection of items . Slots were very stingy. We did better across the street. I would stay there again. As mentioned earlier, only drawback was lack of coffee maker in room. I knew about it going in and didn't think that it would matter much, but it did.

Mary from Milwaukee

• Liked — The pool and beds
  • Disliked — No coffee maker in room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

I liked it and would recommend it. The casino does have a lot of seniors, I say this to let some people know that it is not the "hot spot", if you are looking for something. It does have a percentage of a cruising crowd, again, if you are looking for this.They have a sign on the table that you can buy the bed pillow for 30.00, why? I do not know. I can pick one up at WalMart for 10. Older heating and cooling system, older elevators. The slower elevator can be a positive, if you ever suffer from vertigo. I have been in a few elevators, that zip me up so quick that I come out dizzy Being that I paid 39.00 for 2 nights check in was very slow, everybody was there for the bargain. I had a bruised heel while visiting and realized that the walking distance to your hotel room is much shorter than in Vegas. They have electric carts if disabled, such as I was. Be sure to check out Bullhead City, if looking for anything that you are accostumed to. I had a car, as I always do in the Southwest, I do not know about public transportation there.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

We got 2 free nights from a friend who uses their players club card a lot. We came from San Bernardino, so the drive was horrible. But getting into that soft bed was heaven. I have back problems and my back didn't hurt the whole time because the bed was great. It was odd that we didn't have a coffee maker or a refrigerator in our room. We had a room with 2 queen beds, maybe that had something to do with it. The buffet had a great breakfast and a good prime rib dinner. The music in the casino is oldies, which is right up my alley.
We aren't gamblers and had never been to Laughlin before so we basically walked around and watched television. If you love to gamble, this is the place for you.

• Liked — The beds and buffett
  • Disliked — Smoky casino, no refrigerator in room.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

Stayed at the Tropicana Express from 1-4 Jan. Room was great. They did a great job of renovating the rooms. Bed was comfortable, bathroom clean, shower worked great. Only negative is that they have no coffee makers in the rooms, after all the money they put into the rooms, you would of thought they would of put in coffee makers. I will stay here again without a doubt.

• Liked — updated rooms
  • Disliked — no coffee makers in rooms
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

We drove from Vegas to Laughlin to spend one night with family who were there. The trip was booked last minute, and we booked the Tropicana Express over the hotel website at a very cheap rate for a Friday night stay.

When we arrived, valet parking was prompt and easy. There was a small line at checkin, but it moved very quickly. We were assigned to the room type we requested in the Promenade Tower on the 15th floor. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was! Very large, clean, separate desk area, king bed, lounger and table. The room had a refrigerator in it, and a coffee maker. Our view was of the parking lot on the backside of the property, but we didn't mind. The Bath and Body works toiletries were great!

We had dinner and breakfast at the buffet, and both were really good for the price! They had a good variety of slots, and cocktail service was decent.

For the price, this is a great hotel choice in Laughlin!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Tropicana Laughlin? Share your experiences!