When you check in at the Casino....it is VERY smoky (expected for a casino). The Hotel rooms are separate buildings and all non-smoking rooms. VERY basic rooms.....so if you are in town to not spend a lot of time in the room for a cheap price.....this is for you. No refrigerator, have to pay for ice ($3 for 10 lb. bag), not the best lighting, no elevators, no hair dryer, no ironing board, old style TV (but it did have cable) and no Wi-Fi. Air-conditioner was GREAT and not that loud. We were mostly there to scuba dive at Lake Mohave - so this was perfect - we just slept in the room and it was just for a long weekend. Shower was good and mattress was super soft. There are pet friendly rooms but you have to specify....we ran into people walking their dogs in designated areas. We had a cooler - so we stopped in town for ice and water/juice/iced tea in Bullhead City, AZ (there is Circle K, Safeway Grocery a little further down or if you are really adventurous - there is a Wal-Mart way down the strip).
I saw security walking around the parking lots and around the hotel - so they seem to be present all over.
It is not connected to the river walk.....you can start in by the river out back, but you have to walk to the front of Colorado Belle.....once you get to Colorado Belle, you can take the river walk all the way down to the other casinos (Edgewater, Aquarius, etc....). You can take the river walk to other restaurants/casinos/views. We had dinner at the Pioneer Boarding House restaurant Saturday night for all you can eat ribs ($12.95). Only 2 of the group got the rib special. Food was OK. Friday night we walked over to the Aquarius for dinner (Outback).
Tropicana Express was right across the street - our friend would walk over every night to meet the 5 of us. We would all meet at the back bar by the river view (less smoky) called the Sassy Suey and make our plans. It had a pool table and beer pong table. We passed the pool/Jacuzzi and it looked inviting.
We will be back to Laughlin. If it is a longer stay – I may choose a different place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casino resort with an Old Western theme located right on the historic Colorado River. The Pioneer has earned its well-known reputation as the "Friendliest House on the River". At the Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall, Our Guestrooms are being refurbished, and new amenities have been added to all guestrooms....Complimentary bottled water, complimentary in-room coffee, and additional items will be available. Our Pet Rooms are all tiled floor. Great Friendly Services, and Newly Refurbished Rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Hotel And Gambling Hall
- Pioneer Hotel Gambling Hall
- Pioneer Laughlin