“Favorite Place.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Favorite Place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We love Laughlin. They have amazing Sacred Area (Grapevine Canyon, Knob Hill Etc) and Colorado river. And Harrah's hotel gave us comfortable moments. We have enjoyed water at river and pool. I hope more extend stay at next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Korean first
Roswell, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were there on a very busy Sunday evening. Even though all the check-in parking was full, the front desk people were very nice. We had excellent service everywhere we went in the hotel. Bell desk people were great. Our room was very comfortable. We ate at the Mexican restraint and had good food and service. I was pleased to know they were pet friendly as I had left mine home but now I can bring them next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Tried to check in at 9:00am and was so glad when front desk assigned two non-smoking king rooms adjacent to each other BUT they weren't quite ready. I was told by Kim to continue checking throughout the morning and at latest, the rooms would be ready by 1:00. Since check in wasn't officially until 4:00, it wasn't a big deal. My last attempt to check-in was at 12:55pm and they still weren't ready. I decided to meet up with friends at the Golden Nugget and didn't return to Harrah's again til 9:00pm. To my surprise, my rooms had been given away and now the two rooms had double beds and were on different floors. I was told by the supervisor, Kris, that the rooms I had been assigned at 9:00am were never officially "mine", the hotel was sold-out, so basically take it or leave it. Ya, I decided to take it. Then when I get up to my room, I can't order room service nor make a phone call home from land line (TMobile doesn't get service in tower) because there isn't a credit card on file because the front desk didn't do their job and get my info. After leaving the card info., I went back up to my room and tried to order but room service was closed! When I check out on Monday, I didn't elect to do the express check out because my experience with the front desk had not been pleasant and I didn't want further issues. I proceeded to check out with Kris (not to my delight) and she said everything had been taken care of and I didn't have a remaining balance because my rooms had already been paid through Expedia. Because my long distance calls didn't come up, I seriously assumed the calls had been comped to make up for Saturdays fiasco...not so, I now have a $35 charge to my credit card for two 2minute calls! Once again, Harrah's staff didn't do their job properly (and this was a front desk supervisor) and gave me the wrong information. I think the staff needs to be retrained so they can provide accurate information to guests THROUGHOUT their stay.

toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

It's a common practice for this Harrahs to allow you to book a Central Tower river view room, so you think you're getting a nice room - but you never get THAT room when you check in. I get it - it's a comp room but I guess we've been lucky until now that we got decent rooms. On this visit to Laughlin- from check in to check out - nothing impressed.
We waited forever at check in, got placed on a high floor in the family tower (wanted the adult tower). The room was apparently renovated. When they renovated the room, they removed the dresser and mounted the TV on the wall. So there is a big open space where the dresser/amoire used to be. The only storage was two dirty drawers in the night table. One luggage rack for two people. So picture living out of your suitcase on a dirty carpet against a wall where you can see the outline of the long gone dresser. We used valet and waited almost an hour for our luggage to arrive (after 2 phone calls). But I can understand the delay since we were in the furthest tower, in the furthest room possible - who would want to do that delivery?
The adult pool, beach etc were on the other side of the property. There was no air conditioning in the elevators or the elevator lobby and frequently long line ups to to get an elevator. Go somewhere else, there is no reason to spend your money here.

The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Laughlin was a little bit of a disappointment and Harrah's was that too. This city is definitely not as fancy as Vegas. Harrah's is big and it's taking to long to get all your stuff out of the car and bring it to your room. After a short call to Arizona I was shocked to get a huge telephone bill. When you like gambling, go to Vegas! When you're on a road trip, it's better to look somewhere in the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We come to harrah's laughlin several times a year. It is always a pleasure. The service, the suites, the wait staff are all very pleasant! We mostly play slots and for the most part the casino is not overly crowded during week days. weekends and holidays/festive days on the other hand expect lots of action and big crowds. Beach cafe: try the salmon with jasmine rice. The buffet is good but we usually use our comp points or food vouchers at one of the 3 restaurants. we've always had at the very least a nice time here. Join TR membership to take full advantage of freebies.

Room Tip: suite suite suite but never near an elevator... you will be awoken by it's noise. that loud hum...
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed on my first visit with this Hotel. Originally , my reservation is NON-SMOKING double bed room but I was brought to a single bed ""PET friendly room" , not the room I preferred at all. The room was dusty and smell is so like your in an old closet ! The front desk people are not helpful. I won't recommend this hotel for visitors .

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!