“very nice” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Moline, Illinois
“very nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

hi my companion and i went on a charter plane from rockford il to laughlin nv it was much better than we had thought flight was pretty good ,room was better than it first appeared bud was a little lumpy but really not bad staff friendly we went to all the rest of the casinos on casino dr.they were nice as well all the we did it at the blue baja would not eat there again however most of the places were good they have a buffet at the tropicana not good it wasa bad i think it was like 18.00 a piece not worth it in and out burger is always good price is good as well we would go back had no problems with hotel pool was nice river view was good water taxis were good taxis were like 10.00 with tip so good as well we are going to reno in a few months ill let you know how that turns out

Room Tip: we stayed in tower 2 it was fine except for sunday night very loud lots of people partying all night...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1,234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Fontana, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I used to frequent this hotel when I was in my early 20's. Mostly because it was a pretty fun place to visit. The last time my family stayed in Laughlin we stayed at Aquarius (which is SOOO much better). Well, a lot has changed in 20 years. This place has turned into an absolute DUMP!! I came with my family (3 kids and my dog). We stayed in a "pet friendly" room - which was fine I guess if you don't like space. This room was TINY and when I say tiny, i mean my master bathroom at home is larger.. literally. We had 2 double beds (which i slept terrible on), one sink and luggage to travel to the lake. I could hardly walk around. I tripped on everything. There is no closet space and no place to put anything. They managed to put a table and 2 very large chairs in the room (which DID NOT FIT the room) - way too big for such a small space. I paid extra for the dog - on the note that he would receive a welcome package (dog bowls, a small dog bed, treats etc..) when I arrived the items listed were not in the room. I had to wait 4 hours for housekeeping to deliver the goodies that i paid 50 bucks extra PER NIGHT for! They scare you into thinking that if your dog barks at all, that you'll be kicked out of the hotel. Housekeeping likes to knock on the door at 7:30 (really??) and try and clean your room - and when you shoo them away, they come back and DO NOTHING!!!!!!!!! They managed to make the bed (thanks) and that was literally IT! We had 2 trash cans that were full and they didnt even empty them.. We had empty glasses -and they didnt bother to take them - we had NO TOWELS - and they didnt replace them. The staff was seriously non-existent.
I gave my kids a couple bucks and sent them to the arcade - only to join them 10 minutes later and watch them being totally stalked by the teen that worked there.. VERY CREEPY!!!! I took my kids and left - I did not feel comfortable leaving them alone there.
The pool was DISGUSTING! There were ducks swimming in it, as well as palms and some other junk at the bottom.
The buffet (ridiculously priced) was 15.99 IF you had a players club card (it's normally 18.99) - and the food was TERRIBLE!! i mean TERRIBLE!!!
Honestly, I cannot say anything was descent at this dump. They need a serious make over - better customer service - new front desk staff .. etc... etc.... Really horrible place - never again!

Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was a charter trip, our only expenses were food and, obviously, gaming! The food was great ,we ate at the fantastic buffet and the 24 hour cafe. The buffet had so many choices that I was dissappointed I couldn't try everything! The carving chefs' were so busy yet very friendly...seemed to really enjoy what he/she was doing. You got to watch the chef's actually cooking, the Asian area being very 'active'. My husband is a meat & potato guy however loves the seafood buffet. He usually complains about the buffets running out of crab legs, NOT HERE! He just kept eating!!!!!! Great dessert bar, again, I felt I was the most important guest they had!!! Same 'feel good' experience in the 24 hour cafe. This trip we had pizza, very good, and a gigantic breakfast, NUMMY! along with a happy waitstaff.....great way to start the day! This trip we were in the 'adult' towertower, missed the view of the river (only had a side view) . The rooms truly need some attention to detail. There was hair on the tub/shower walls, M&M's in the area under the table, badly stained bedskirt and we had to request blankets. We visited in early February, very chilly evenings and upper 50's daytime, we needed blankets. For a casino, we both thought the fast food area was expensive. On the other hand, plenty of choices to keep one from starving! Be sure to take the water taxi to the far end of the strip. The ducks ride along on this journey, some even do a 'fly-in'! The end casino, the Riverside, has a really nice car museum even if you aren't a motorhead! It's free but they do have a donation box. Theater is available here, too. Then walk for awhile so you are ready for the next meal!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, breathtaking. Also easy to get to.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I hadn't been to Laughlin in 15 years. My daughter wanted to do something fun for her 21st birthday so we booked Vegas. After giving it some thought, I reconsidered and thought about Laughlin. She has some health issues and I thought Vegas might be a little much for her because it requires so much walking. She had never been to Laughlin and thought it sounded fun. After reading reviews I was a little nervous. Many said it had become run down. I was also worried about the nightlife for her and her boyfriend. I didn't need to worry. We stayed at Harrah's and thought it was nice. The rooms aren't as nice as some in Vegas but they were fine. The prices were great and let us spend more on gambling and eating out. We had a great bellman take our luggage to our room and he have us great tips for where to go to nightclubs and where to eat. He was right on the money. He told us my daughter and her friends would like Inferno and Golddiggers. She had a great time at both. Since it was her 21st birthday the clubs gave her free drinks and treated her like royalty. There was a much older crowd at Harrah's but the clubs did have a younger clientele as they were located in other hotels. We all plan on going back soon. It may not have the glitz and glamour of Vegas but if you are looking to not spend a lot on rooms and want a slower pace, do some gambling, hang at the river, and eat, this is your place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We drove into Laughlin with no hotel reservation, and pulled in to Harrah's simply because it was the last casino-hotel on Casino Way. The friendly desk clerk checked us in to a double queen room with a river view, at a very reasonable rate.

The room was not particularly large, but seemed to have been recently painted and carpeted. There was a nice flat-screened TV, but it was still perched in an old-style deep cabinet/bureau. When that large piece of furniture is replaced, much more floor space will be freed up. As for the beds, they were pillowtops with crisp new linens (triple sheeted). This was our fourth hotel in a week, and we absolutely had our best sleep. No hallway noise, and quietly effective AC.

The bathroom was very large, and shiny-clean. It appeared that work had recently been done on the showerhead (evidence: new plumber's tape). However, we didn't realize until morning that there was NO shower curtain...

The outside amenities here are very lovely--two pools, two hot tubs, a sandy beach, all surrounded by palm trees and lush landscaping. And there are many varied dining options as well. We enjoyed a light supper in the Beach Café (quick, competent service), and the next morning, terrific bloody mary's at the Range Bar, followed by Cinnabons on the patio.

We very much appreciated the large non-smoking casino, though we won not a dime.

If we ever travel to Laughlin again, we will return to Harrah's.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view. The rates are so reasonable, you can afford the slight upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Racine, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We prepaid for 3 rooms with the request for king beds, no smoking. When we arrived, the woman checking us in was a "trainee" and didn't seem very well trained because it took well over 30 minutes to get our 3 rooms checked in. When we were handed the keys they were for smoking rooms. We pointed out that we reserved nonsmoking rooms, and by this time asked for a manager because it was taking such a long time to accomplish our check in. The manager came and was terse to say the least. She told us they try to fill the requests as best they can, but if we wanted all nonsmoking rooms they would not be together, and possibly not even in the same tower. We reiterated we wanted nonsmoking rooms, so the manager got it into the system and we were issued 3 sets of keys for 3 rooms. Two of the 3 rooms had double beds instead of king bed. The room with the king bed ended up to have cockroaches. We killed one as we stepped into the room, and discovered another one on the curtains as we were exiting. We were given another room (not a king bed either). By this time we were too exasperated to go back to the manager again to complain about the bed situation. In our opinion if we prepay for 3 rooms a month beforehand, these rooms should be issued at the start of our arrival day so they are ready for us. Because we didn't arrive until 7 pm we felt like we were given "what was left." Never again would we stay at this hotel.

Indio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

BEWARE. Made 2 separate reservations for 1 night stay (2 rooms) through the AAA Travel website. Reservations made 3 days in advance and confirmed with emails from AAA Travel. Upon arrival told by hotel that only one of these reservations existed and they would not honor 2nd reservation because AAA did not fax proper paperwork. The hotel was sold out due to concert in town. What hotel organization relies on faxes to confirm reservations in 2014? Management then spoke with us and instead of asking what can we do for you to make this right we were told that when reservations are made through third party travel agents (AAA Travel) Harrahs reserves the right to honor these at the time of registration. The manager actually said to me she had never heard of AAA. We had to ask if the city had any alternative hotels they could help book us with. The only option was a dump down the street for double the price. We then asked if they would move our reservation to a Harrahs property in Las Vegas. The manager responded with options at triple our original rate. Keep in mind we needed to prompt their management to do this for us. As I stated above, a good manager would have offered to help us. We had driven over 200 miles and were about to drive another 200 miles to go home.

Let me tell you how a decent hotel would have handled this.

1) Let us see if there is another hotel that we can book you in.
2) That is very nice of you to offer to drive to Las Vegas. Maybe one of our Harrah's properties in Las Vegas has rooms available and we will have them accept your current agreed upon rate.
3) We apologize for the sold out status of the hotel. Please have this voucher and visit one of our restaurants before your long journey home.
4) Here is my business card, please call me anytime in the future and we will extend a complimentary stay to you and your family.

In the end Harrah's missed out on our room rate, spending a few hundred dollars in their steak house, more likely another few hundred in gambling loses and most importantly any future business.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!