“I loved it here!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“I loved it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had a suite on the 15th floor of Tower 2. It was lovely, complete with Jacuzzi and cookies every day. The people here certainly give their attention to you as their guest. The people in the Casino were equally attentive. I asked the maid for help one day and she was equally pleasant and helped with my questions. While our room didn't have great views, I have some great pictures that I took at a Casino window of the Colorado River.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Korean first
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is old and really shows it's age.
If you stay in the North Tower, you will love it, anywhere else and you will be miserable.
When we made reservations we asked for a non-smoking room and we thought we would be given a non-smoking room.
We checked in and while the rest of our party went to the casino I brought our bags up to our room.
Upon entering the room I was immediately blown away by the stench of cigarette smoke, went back to the front desk and complained. They insisted that they had given me a non-smoking room, I insisted on being given a new room and was told that there were no other rooms available, I doubted that, but whatever. They said they would take care of decontaminating the room and not to go back there for two hours. We waited 4 hours before going up to the room for the night, as soon as we opened the door we were struck with the overpowering smell of Lysol, but behind the Lysol smell we could still smell cigarettes. I could have told them that just spraying everything with Lysol wouldn't work. Checked with desk again the next day and was told, again, that no other rooms were available. This was a Wednesday and I could understand if it were a weekend, but no other rooms available on a Wednesday was a lie.
Aside from the cigarette smell this hotel is filthy, the carpet in the hallways is lumpy and coming up in places it too is filthy. The AC duct in our room was caked with dust, it looked like it had not been cleaned in years.
There is also a lot of kids at this hotel and they are running up and down the hallways at all times, even at 2:00AM!
Someone else in our group was staying in the North Tower and we went to his room and were amazed at the difference in every way, plus no kids.
The Buffet at this hotel is terrible and not worth the price, stick to The Beach Cafe.
The only way I could ever stay at this hotel again is if I had a room in the North Tower.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We spent two nights here at the beginning of a long road trip. We got a super good rate with our Total Access card and "upgraded" to their deluxe with king bed in the north tower. The room was a nice size with a nice flat screen TV. The bed was comfortable with nice bedding. Everything in the room was clean and in good condition. Overall, no complaints which made for a good experience.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Colorado and on the way back from Colorado. The first leg of our trip we spent the extra and got the river view non smoking king bed. The room was clean, the view nice EXCEPT, on the lower floors (5th) the nighttime flood lights that illuminate the building blast your windows until 9 or 10pm. We were satisfied with the room itself. We took the water taxi to another casino which was reasonable.
The second leg of our trip coming back from Colorado, we got a non smoking river view room again, but they didn’t have any king bed rooms left so we got double queen. This room was great and higher up beyond the evening flood lights. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and we were more than satisfied with this room.
The buffet is just so-so and typical buffet faire and the slot machines very tight. The McDonald’s within the property is way too high for the convenience.
We would definitely stay here again, but gamble somewhere else.

Avondale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I dont like to complain about $21 a room, but that's exactly what we got. An old,smoke stenchy room where 3 out of 4 lights didnt work. They didnt even have light bulbs in them! We spent almost $100 for a late night meal at the Beach cafe,some burgers and chicken tenders. The service was not the best to say the least.2 out of the six drinks at our table actually got refilled....I will say, the buffet the next night "almost" made up for our 2 night stay there. It was well worth the money. We had other issues that im not going to get into,but overall improvements throughout the hotel are needed. I usually enjoy my stay wherever I go and I dont complain much, for its usually nice just to be away. Next time, it wont be at Harrah's.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Augusta, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Weekend getaway at Harrahs Laughlin. We had a wonderful time. Hotel staff was nice. Check in with the charter company was very quick. Tables and slots pretty tight. We had stayed here 10 years earlier and I must say I don't think they have done any updating. Their little beach is a nice place to enjoy the river for a couple hours with a cocktail. The building and rooms though are in desperate need of some renovation. Our king bed was comfortable but the stained carpets and water spots in the corners of the celing let you know this is headed toward a lower end hotel. Kinda sad. I would stay here again but only for a few days and because we actually spend very little time at the hotel except to sleep.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Upfront: I am not a gambler and, quite frankly, I think there is a terrible arrogance about Las Vegas hotels where you have to stand in line for a considerable period to check in. Of course I was not impressed by doing the same thing at Harrah's Laughlin, especially after spending and inordinate amount of time trying to find a place to park within a reasonable distance of reception. We were later to discover that the "15 minutes while checking in" area didn't mean a thing and cars stayed there for the duration without fear of consequences. I felt like Harrah's was saying to us: "our rooms are cheap so don't expect any consideration for any reason". There are no room amenities like coffee makers, microwaves or refrigerators but that wasn't expected. I didn't expect wifi, either, but the excuse for not even having it in a public area was laughable: "this is a small town so there isn't the same access". Of course the Mcdonalds across the river wasn't afflicted by the same lack of service. Our room was fine but we did not have a view. After passing some spilled food on the carpet near the elevator on our floor both coming and going, I found a serviette in my purse to clean it up with when coming in again. Considering the price, however, the place is fine as a base point for doing other things.

Room Tip: We didn't have one, but I would push for a river view.