“Not bad, if you can stay for free, just go!” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2900 S. Casino Dr., Laughlin, NV 89029   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Not bad, if you can stay for free, just go!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We come here once in awhile as it really nice to stay on the Colorado River in the middle of the desert. It is a mini-Vegas and when you come in to town at night, the lights are really beautiful. We usually get to Laughlin (you land in Bullhead, AZ across the river which is very cool) and stay one night and usually cut out to Vegas the next day in a rent-a-car, also done at the airport in Bullhead (too small to call it a city, it is a town) It was 102 degrees everyday in NV when we were there in Sept - just loved that dry heat. Vegas of course is amazing and when you come back to Laughlin, you really FEEL the difference. The rooms, yes, are older and smell musty and moist (bring candles) but the beds are comfortable and the room has A/C and the rooms have tubs (but the tubs are tiny!) The hallways and rooms are not as clean as I would like them to be, that would be their biggest downfall. And no free WIFI.
The whole place just needs some updating. The hotel itself has slots of course and table games, a really nice gift shop, McDonalds, Baskin Robbins, Cinnabon, a kids' arcade, and has a buffet that has been voted best in Laughlin (We ate there, not bad - comped so free always tastes best!). There is a high end steak house called The Range that we heard about but apparently as nice as the room is, it takes 3 1/2 hours to eat there. No thanks! The Beach Cafe for lunch was meh at best.
I would for sure stay at Harrah's Laughlin again but of course we woulld book it back to Vegas for a visit. Nothing compares to Sin City. The ride in is 90 min and with the sun setting behind the beautiful canyons on your way there or back, you will be singing Tequila Sunrise by the Eagles just like I did.
If staying in Laughlin, there are many other casinos to visit, the riverside has a walkway apparently and you can rent jet skis on the river or take a day/dinner cruise. Harrah's also has a small beach on its property which is nice as the pool it has only gets shade after 3pm.
The Diamond Lounge for preferred members if you get to go in there and snack for free - forget about it, Dark, dingy and the food is crap.
There is a non-smoking area of Harrah's that I appreciated as the smoke just gets too much.
Harrah's it what is is for now and for sure I would come back. The staff are very accommodating.

Room Tip: Tower 2 was good, quiet, exits off the elevator into a non-smoking area unlike tower 1 and tower 2 w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Korean first
Deltona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Harrahs in Laughlin is just a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and everything works, the staff is always helpful and friendly. There was always good parking available and a nice clean casino just a ride down the elevator.

Room Tip: Check out the prices online also. There is also an adult only tower.
Phoenix, az.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Haven't stayed here in a while, and they seemed to have cleaned it up a bit. The staff at this hotel is so nice, from the front desk to the dealers. The rooms are fine, I may suggest cleaning the carpets a bit, but overall they are o.k.
Both the Range and the buffet have good food, I would suggest the Range for dinner and the buffets for breakfast or lunch.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the cetral tower
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We rented two rooms at the Harrah's Laughlin for the night of 17 Sep 12 for my wife and I and my sister and her husband. This was a great place to stay, with the availablilty of the Casino, Restaraunts and anything elese you need.

CUDAHY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've been to Harrah's Laughlin a few times and wasn't too happy with trip a few years back. Harrah's sent us a freebie offer (flight & room) and couldn't resist free.

Room was average but in pretty good shape. No view of river, yes, asked for one but we were going to be there for only a few days. My draw for the trip was shopping for jewelry findings (I make jewelry), so I would have been pretty happy in whatever room they threw us in.

We tried the buffet - not too bad - I'm a crab legs fiend and they had oysters Rockefeller so no complaints there. My main target for food in Laughlin is heading over to the chain of Joe's Crab Shack which I believe is at Golden Nugget. Nice Seating right on the river and at a good price. Harrahs also has a food court so if you want an egg mcmuffin or something instead of a big breakfast, it's handy. They also have Baskin Robbins, Cinnabon etc.

Rented car from Enterprise. Highly recommend. Rented 2nd day of trip and they came and got us at the hotel and shuttled us back upon return of car next day. Got upgraded from a mid size to a nice little jeep. We drove over to Kingman, Arizona to the turquoise mine (home of sleeping beauty turquoise) and I picked up some nice stones. Woman at counter in store is a piece of work though. Also went to great place called God's Art, lots of jewelry making products and the owner is a hoot. Really lucked out as a craft store was going out of business in Bullhead city (right across river from Harrah's). Got some super buys.

Took the $10 one hour tour ride on the Colorado river. You catch it at Don Laughin's casino. In my estimation, it is so totally worth the $10. We take it every trip. We also bought a bottle of champagne for the boat ride. I think it was about $25. Wheeeee. Good time.

Casino was OK, no big winnings but held my own. Bartenders were OK too (which isn't always the case). All in all, it was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had stayed here about ten years ago, it was average back then. This time however it was horrific. I wished I had just stayed at home. Let's see there is so many things, first of all our room was not available with non smoking/two queen beds. We had to get a king bed non smoking, there was no roll aways available and no blankets...yes who runs out of blankets. My boyfriends parents had to sleep on the floor on a sheet. The next day front desk said no rooms or rollaways available. We got one from one of the maids. No communication. The rooms sink was clogged and so was the bath tub. It smelled like sewer inside. Maintenance came to fix it, the next day still clogged the smell was worse. We checked in on a Friday night our room was not cleaned until Sunday evening and that was because I had to call. BTW when we checked in at 3 am we did not receive our luggage until 6am. They said there was only one bell boy working, that was Labor day weekend. When I asked for a discount with all the problems we had the girl at the front desk asked why would I want a refund!!!! Even if I was offered a free room here with gas paid and food I would not ever ever go. I am sorry for sounding really upset, I have stayed at over 15 big resort hotels in Las Vegas and only two other in Lauglin non in which I have had such a terrible time with the front desk and cleaning staff. I hope this helps you book a room at The Golden Nugget or Aquarius they are one million times better.

Room Tip: Dont choose a room here at all but if you must check in early and perhaps ask for a newer renovated...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ontario, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Ok, first I had to take a smoking room , I live with a smoker. These room would be better if you could open the window more then 2 inches.The be was king size , and was comfy, pillow not. the tv was old , haven't seen on of those for a long time. But it work fine, remote too work good. Bathroom was clean enough,I got clean towels everyday , I stayed 5 days. One tiem I did not get a bathmat. I caled and got one in 10 mins or so. I got my bed made everyday.I don't think they vacumed the hall for 3 days.And it had stains by the elavator.Needed a good cleaning.the buffet was not that good .I don't the housekeeper work to hard at cleaning. I did like the surf cafa , get a club card, so you can get a dollar off. The slots ye,s were tight, or maybe I'm tight , and didn't like losing.The pool and beach were nice. I have to say 17.99 was all I would payed for the room. I did have restful vacation.And I was there during the week , and I like being alone and with out crowds.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!