“You get what you pay for!!!” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2900 S. Casino Dr., Laughlin, NV 89029   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“You get what you pay for!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Harrahs Laughlin is an OK hotel. We just stayed at the property on August 22nd for one night. The price to stay at this hotel brings in some shady characters to the property. The checkin process is pretty easy and they were nice. The hotel rooms are where you get what you pay for!! Harrahs usually gives you 3 or 4 price options to choose from. If you go cheap you will get a room that needs alot of work. We went with what I thought was a deluxe room. Nothing deluxe about the room. Carpet was stained and walls had scuff marks all of them. Check out the picture of the ironing board, should have never passed any inspection by a supervisor. The room did have a nice big TV and a big bathroom. Valet service is horrible. I needed to get a couple things out of the car to take to the room. The valet guy stood there and watched my every move because he had a car he had to go pick up, so he needed mine. Once I closed the trunk he took off. I didn't even pick my bags up off the ground before he took off. After checkin in we decided to leave the property. When I needed to get my car out of valet. We walked to the valet booth and there was three of us waiting to give our tickets to get our cars. The valet supervisor(bald guy) walked up to the first guy and took his ticket like he was doing the guy a favor. He didn't even look at me or the other guy waiting at the window too. It was really weird. Suprised since they work on tips. Needless to say they didn't get tipped well from me, I probably still tipped them too much. Another thing that is weird is in the cafe they have a price section for club card holders and non club card holders. Seemed really weird to me. Since I didn't have a card I had to pay more, like I wasn't a good customer or like I was second class. Service was horrible too. So, you get what you pay for at Harrah's Laughlin. It's Laughlin not Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Pay more for a better room. Do not book through Expedia, they will put you in the bottom floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Korean first
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Read the review before I went but booked anyway thinking its Harrahs...cant be that bad but it was worse...First room they put is in was a handicap room with mold in the shower...second room stunk like skunk and moldy shower curtain so at least they put us into a suite...wasnt too fancy for being a suite..we did stay in the family tower...heard the adult tower is cleaner...but still no excuse for the condition of this hotel...long lines at the elavator,,,gum stuck on the side of the hallway,,,never seen anyone cleaning anything..manager and the whole cleaning staff need total retraining...elavators were super hot,,,only 2 people working at check-in waiting at least 30-45 mins..just everyone we met there agreed...first and last time...whoops almost forgot..the only shining star was there beach was excellant...other than that,,take your chances...

Room Tip: If you can book in the adult south side location. or book at Gold Nuggest...excellant
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Rooms outdated. TV's are very old. They need HD wide screen TV. They charge $12 a day for internet service. Very, very poor houskeeping. Beverage service in the casino is poor. However, drinks are free if you gamble. Be sure and tip! Must be better places to stay in Laughlin!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a low class dive. Starting out it took over an hour waiting in line to check in. Then we were shocked to be given a dirty, dingy, hot, and smelly room. The carpeting was filthy with large holes. The beds did not appear to have fresh bedding and sagged in the middles. The chairs looked like they came from a thrift store. The a/c sounded like it was going to fly out of the wall. I would not recommend anyone staying in this hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Traveled to Laughlin recently on a "Junket'. Room I stayed in the primary Hotel for those on Junkets. Easy access for those that spend a lot time on slots. Hotel property was very nice for the value. No smoking room was a delight and no residual smoke odor in my guest room. Thoroughly enjoyed a return visit to a Hotel after a 10 year period. Four nights of fun and enjoyment thanks to the Harrah's Hospitality.

Room Tip: Avoid the Family Tower's if you dislike the noise and chatter of young children. If you have chi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My room itself was very nice but actually staying here was a miserable and noisy experience. I requested the standard basic room and they assigned me a ground floor room. Maybe the desk clerk thought he was doing me a favor but he probably was sadistic. The ground floor room had an outside patio with chairs and it faced a family swimming pool. Since kids can not go to the casino, where do you think that they go when it is 110 degrees in the day time and 100 degrees in the evening? Yup, the pool! Day and evening and anytime I wanted to rest or some quiet from the day and a bit of silence, I got screaming and yelling just outside my room. But it did not stop late in the evening either. Since the entire row of these ground floor rooms had these patios, my next-door neighbor was running “party central” beginning at 12:30 AM with his friends. “Party Central” was the outside patio and the room, of course.

Room Tip: Tip: Stay away from the ground floor and any swimming pool if you want some quiet during your visit...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Breckenridge, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Took the Abilene charter last Friday for a 3 night casino trip. Must say Harrah's and Allegiant have this down to a fine art-----once we checked our bags in Abilene, we never had to carry them again until we arrived back at the airpot for the return trip. Check in was a breeze as they had separate check in tables for the charter and in less than an hour from the time we landed we were on the casino floor. The staff, service and friendliness was A+. Not disappointed in our room exept for the fact it was rather filled with smoke smell but then we did request a smoking room... The water taxi picks you up down at the beach area and was quite enjoyable. The food courts and restaurants had excellent food and not stingy on the servings-----most any meal could be made into 2 as the portions were huge!!!! Already looking forward to a return trip!!!

Room Tip: Get one on the Colorado River side as the view is great
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!