“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Laughlin River Lodge

You added Laughlin River Lodge to your Saves list
Laughlin River Lodge
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   2700 S. Casino Dr., Laughlin, NV 89029 (Formerly River Palms Resort Casino)   |
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Roseburg, Oregon
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Booked a room online for our anniversary which was during Memorial weekend . When we arrived we requested a change for king bed rather than the standard double room which was booked. We were accommodated with surprising ease at no extra charge (on a busy holiday weekend none the less). Our room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable! The bed was extremely comfortable with great pillows.
The hotel and casino are undergoing a transformation by new owners so the casino games were a bit sparse, the second floor was virtually empty except for the buffet, gift shop and The Lodge Steak House. But it appeared that the second floor is going to be a grand space once renovations are complete.
The Lodge Steak House has a wonderful atmosphere, great food, good service, and priced reasonably. Was the perfect choice for our 40th anniversary!
If I had any complaint at all it would be that in order to get to Denny's you had to go to the lowest level and outside to get to the restaurant. But it appeared that would even be remedied once renovations were complete.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Safford, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was going to Laughlin the weekend of May 18. I was able to book this place online for $40 while other comparable hotels were going for $140 and above. Nice clean standard rooms, no problems with the reservation. I would recommend and/or stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 25th floor....a long ride, but very quiet up there.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I'm writing this review as I lay in my hotel room :-) Rooms are nice but evidently not all rooms have been updated! I thought all rooms came with coffee maker, microwave, flatscreen TV, water and snacks per reading other reviews on property. We got none of those!! Wifi is great but the tv sucks balls with only 7 working channels plus the TV is low to the ground making it nearly impossible to watch from your bed. So now moving on to the casino floor! This casino has such a weird vibe going on! Very eerie with absolutely nothing going on! Looks like nobody is enjoying themselves. Almost Twilight Zone like!! Lol So much wasted space in this casino as well and not many slot machines to choose from. Now moving on to the valet! Pulled in on a Friday night and waited in our car for about 15 min before we even saw anybody. Apparently only one valet guy is all this hotel needs on a Friday night :-/ If you are looking to have a great time gambling, drinking and want the whole casino vibe this certainly IS NOT the place for you! This hotel is boring!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Canon City, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Check in was easy and fast. Desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. I missed not having a coffee pot in the room. The room itself was large and clean. I believe it changed hands recently so maybe more amenities will be added.

Prescott Valley, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have stayed at this property for many years, and through a lot of owners. The river view rooms have always been very nice even when they were a bit dated. I like the fact that they offer free wifi at this resort.
Our main reason to stay at this location is due to The Lodge Steakhouse restaurant. The food and drinks are always exceptional as is the wait staff. Great seating with a river view.
At this time, the games are lacking, on the casino floor, but there were quite a few in the Dotty's locations.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is my first time here and chose this hotel solely based on the reasonable cost and the fact that it was rated pretty decent. I came into town to see the Hank Williams Jr concert at the Laughlin Event Center. Booked the hotel through this site, which linked me to Booking.com. I booked the room 12 days in advance and paid for a deluxe king river view room. Upon checking in last night, the lady at check in advised me the room was a double queen river view room. I explained to her that's not what I had booked and pulled up my reservation confirmation email. She kept apologizing and explained that the system might have messed up. She tried to tell
me the double queen room was the same rate as the king room. I told her that was not true and at the time I had booked the room that the double queen rooms were less than the king room. It was clear at this point that the hotel had over booked and bumped my reservation to a lesser room. I was really upset. The most the front desk was able to offer me was a $5 reduction in the nightly rate. I didn't have a choice so I accepted. So be advised when booking your room through a third party website and not directly through the hotel. You may end up with a different room then you originally had paid for.

The room was decent. Clean. Beds were very comfortable. I will say that's the only thing I appreciated with this room. A good nights rest at a hotel is important. The windows in the room were disgusting. Someone should clean them. What's the point of a river view room if I cannot even see the river out the window because of how gross they are. I was on the 10th floor and that floor smelled horrible. Like body odor. It was disgusting. I highly recommend someone freshening this floor up. Overall, despite the cheap rates I don't think I'll stay here again.

Stayed May 2015
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

So we arrived at the River Lodge hotel for check in at 4 pm. After standing in line for 30 min, because most of the time they only had 2-3 people checking people in, we were informed that there was only one king reservation and one double reservation. I informed them that their information was incorrect and that I showed them my confirmation email indicating two King river view reservations. The customer Service agent informed me that they could not accommodate my two king reservations. I asked to speak to a manager. The manager informed me that she would not be able to give me two king Riverview rooms. I told her that was unacceptable and that I wanted to speak with the general manager. A lady came to the counter and said she was a "Director" named Michelle. She told me that having a "king" reservation was merely a request and not any guarantees. I asked her to show me in their terms and conditions on the website where I booked the room. She said she would be right back. 10 min later she came back with 3 security guys and said that she could not fulfill my request and I needed to leave the property. Are you kidding me. They would not even take fault for the overbooking of rooms. Clearly a bait and switch. I would not recommend this hotel and would be very care about the bait and switch tactics.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Laughlin River Lodge? Share your experiences!