“Nice Bed.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Clifford
“Nice Bed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

First time staying here. Staff is very friendly. Food at the buffet was terrible, oh wait a minute, I did like the rolls. Table we were sitting at hadn't been cleaned properly and my arms stuck to the table...not a good sign. Hubby had the free coffee that was offered in another part of the hotel and he thru it out. Casino was not impressive. The chairs at the machines were the most uncomfortable I've ever sat on. Our room was ok, bed was comfy and we did not have to pay and arm and a leg to stay here. But we would not stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My family and I have been staying at the Edgewater for years…several times a year. They have indeed recently updated their rooms and, yes, the coffee pots are gone. Not an issue for us as room coffee is typically low end. The beds are much more comfortable now, the HVAC systems are excellent and the shower heads give ample flow. There are no baths unless you upgrade to a suite (you have to go through a casino host for this).

Ever since the newer owners (5 years?) took over, the food experience has dropped. The buffet is not very good for any meal. Shame, as they used to have the second best buffet on the river (Harrah's is still the best). They took out their in house cafe and put in Coco's which is a downgrade. Food is adequate there although the staff is excellent. The Hickory Pit has been our go to eating establishment for the evenings. The food is always good and the staff has been very friendly in the past. However, our stay this past week indicates a chink in this armor.

We were accustom to either making reservations when they opened or simply waited in the walk-in line. Never been an issue. The new young hostess informed me that they did not have room for us until an hour and a half later…although the tables were less than half full. I thanked her and went back to my family who were waiting in the sports bar next door. The bartender heard us talking as we were going to head to another casino to eat. He told us to wait. Within 5 minutes he had the young hostess in there and there was obviously a bit of a conversation going on. He got us in immediately (party of 5). Never was the steakhouse even close to being full and the waiters did not appear to be over worked…so we didn't think anyone had called in sick. Food came and was excellent. The waiter was excellent. We ate and left a nice tip for the waiter's service.

We returned the next night…but this time I was there at 4 PM when they opened. The same young waitress gave us the same response…it would be at least until 6:30. I thanked her and left. We went elsewhere to eat. A friend who did have reservations gave me the same report. Not busy! What is going on here Edgewater? We not only ate at another casino but we stayed there to gamble for a few hours.

The best part of the Edgewater, and the reason we come back, is the dayshift pit crew. Dwight is one of the best on the river as the pit boss. The craps crew is second to none! They always make our time pleasurable and I never have to worry about a correct payout.

The sports book has been updated and it is the best on the river. Lots of screens!

If the Edgewater and Colorado Belle get their act together on food, they will return to the upper tier of casinos in Laughlin. However, it is a mess with regards to their eating establishments. So go the Edgewater for everything but the food. Same for the Colorado Belle.

Room Tip: If you get a river view, ensure to take a hair clasp to fasten your drapes together so the early mor...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I'm not the type to do a negative review however, this experience was bad enough for me to share. My husband and I decided to do a long weekend in Laughlin. We are in our late 30's and our expectations for the weekend were to gamble a little, have some good food and just relax.

The room we booked was "newly remodeled" 2 queen beds. At first upon entry the room seemed ok. Once we settled in we quickly realized things were not as they first appeared. I would say the room was gritty for lack of a better word. We requested non smoking, the room was on the 15th floor and either the smoke from the casino had found it's way up there or it was at sometime a smoking room. The bathroom had two small bath towels, one washcloth and one hand towel. There was no bathmat and several different types of hair on the floor. The shower stall was very worn and stained in the bottom from dirt. There was visible mold in the shower door tracks and ants near the shower stall. There was not an in room coffee maker, the hotel offered certificates for free coffee in the lobby however the line was very long and we did not choose to wait. Additionally there were no water cups or an ice bucket available.

Now onto the hotel food and drinks. We did not have reservations for the steak restaurant on site however, they accepted walk ins. We put our name on the list and were told it would be 45 minutes. We were ok with that, at the 60 minute mark my husband checked with the hostess and was told it would be another 45 minutes...seriously! So, we decided to give the buffet a try. $45 total for two including a beer for each of us. We got in quickly however, sadly (and at this point I had lowered my expectations) the food was awful. They advertised prime rib and crab legs. The crab legs were cut down the middle which actually made it almost impossible to eat, they were serious over cooked. The prime rib was average and I'm not trying to pick everything apart! Needless to say we left hungry. While gambling we were only able to get the attention of a cocktail waitress once so we went to the bar to order drink (which then weren't complimentary) and with gratuity 2 domestic bottles of beer were $10.00. Seems steep for a casino.

The casino stated "designated smoking areas", I believe that meant the entire casino floor.

After dinner we resigned to our room. Went to bed and left first thing,one entire day early. We have never left early anywhere we have stayed and we are avid travelers.

I didn't bother to voice my experience to the hotel. I booked with a travel website and I didn't think I would get too far with the hotel. Frankly I figured at best they would try to comp us a meal or something and that would not have changed anything for us.

We will not be visiting or recommending this casino/hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Willows, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We have stayed at the Edgewater in Laughlin several times and have always been treated very pleasant. We did not eat in any of the restarurants this time as we spent time with other friends in another area but have eaten in the past and have always enjoyed the food. The rooms are very nice, when we made our reservations the person who we dealt with was very pleasantand when we checked in we were treated very well. Very nice place to stay in Laughlin

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
San Jacinto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was our first stay at the Edgewater and will definitely stay there hereinafter. The comfort of the beds were exceptional and we were surprised to have three pillows that we could prop ourselves up to watch television. Also the shower stall was large and accomodating. I would very enthusiastically recommend the Edgewater to anyone who might ask or want to know about them.

Room Tip: The higher rooms in the Sedonia Tower were great, especially when you have a river front room for th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Buena Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

always stay at the Edgewater.. The newer beds were really comfortable. it's the the Ritz but for the money the rooms are clean employees are nice. I stay 3 times a year here never had a problem... Glad they finally updated most of the rooms as it's one of the most popular places to stay amoung the young ones in the spring and summer. The rooms get a lot of use! I will be back in April fro rascal flats concert the Edgewater always takes care of there guest not matter how big or how small of a gambler you are... I am just a small time gambler but feel the red carpet rolls out when i hit town and check in... Worth the money worth the stay.

Room Tip: stay here it is worth the price great location friendly service great deals...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Angel Fire, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

When I travel I love a long hot bath....they do not have a bath tub...or a coffee pot...or Dr. Pepper products.
The beds however were very comfortable. Good night sleep.
did I mention no coffee?
Price is cheap.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Edgewater Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!