“Can't Wait To Go Back To The Bell” 5 of 5 stars

Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 S. Casino Dr., Laughlin, NV 89029   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
A TripAdvisor Member
“Can't Wait To Go Back To The Bell”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

If your looking for a nice place to stay in Laughlin, you definitely want to stay at the Colorado Bell. The rooms were very clean and big, the price for the room was cheap. Service throghout the Casino was excellent. The food in the restraunts were excellent, especially breakfast. On my trip I visited some of the other casinos but had no luck at slots, I walked into the Colorado Bell and in no time, hit two jackpots. I enjoyed my stay, I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

Stayed @ the Belle June 25th to June 27th. Got Free Rooms thru the Ben Franklin promo.
Lot of the older generation stayig there. Took over 30 minutes to check in on a late sunday. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Up graded my room for 10 bucks a night which was a waste! Gave the maid A TIP FOR extra pillows. NEVER GOT THEM!!! sOAP DISPENSERS IN THE SHOWERS INSTEAD OF BAR SOAP!!! cOME ON!! sPEND SOME MONEY YA CHEAPOS!!!
Ended up gambling and eating @ The Ramada Express across the Street Will stay there in the Future!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

It was great! Much better than even the Imperial Palace in Las Vegas!

Stayed June 2003
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

Check in time was 2:00 pm, could'nt get the key until 3:00 pm and when we got to the room, housekeeping was still cleaning it. Hallways and elevators are extremly hot and pool and pool area were dirty. Room smelled awful! Husband was harrassed about his prescription and taken away by hotel security. I would not recommend hotel to family or friends!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2006

We booked a package for this hotel online.We are a family of four(2 adults/2 kids).The package was for 2 nights (Friday & Saturday),and it was $99.It included a $20 meal voucher,free t-shirts,free 64 oz. beer,and a free night on next visit.It was a good deal.The hotel itself on the outside is cool to see,and much different than the others.We were very pleased with all the staff,everyone was as nice as can be.The room was average,nothing fancy.There is no bathtub,just a shower,a shower with the best water pressure I have ever experinced;it was like getting a massage.Housekeeping was very good about giving us extra supplies like towels,soap,and shampoo.The pool areas were very nice,one has a hot tub and a swim up bar,and the drink prices are reasonable.We ate at the brewery in the hotel,The Boiler Room,it was a long wait but well worth it.Their pizza is made fresh and cooked in a wood fired oven....yummy!!! Their fries and burgers are equally delicious.We also ate at the Paddlewheel,it was alright,like a Denny's at best,and prices were reasonable.We ended up eating next door at the Edgewater twice,once for the breakfast buffet and once at another restaurant.The food was very cheap and very good.Only complaint at all about the trip was the amount of cigarette smoke,but I was expecting that.

Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2006

Do NOT believe the negative reviews. The Colorado Belle Hotel and Casino was a fantastic getaway for my wife and I. The room was clean and very large, in addition, it has the best casino on the River.

We drove for a weekend stay at the Belle. Usually we're mid-week people but as busy as we've been the weekend was the only time we could arrange.

We drove out from Los Angeles on a Friday night and arrived at the hotel around 10:30PM so check-in was not a problem. Our room was about as far from the reservation desk as you could get but why fault the hotel for that? Some rooms ya gotta walk to.

We had dinner at the 24 hour coffee shop called The Paddlewheel. It was your coffee shop fare, with excellent prices. I got a New York steak and egg breakfast for $6.99. The steak came Medium Rare as ordered and tasted delicious. My wife had the Chicken Fried Steak dinner and was so stuffed she couldn't even start on the mashed potatoes. Drink service was a bit slow at first but when the person serving the beverages realized how fast I drank my Pepsi, they made sure it was always filled.

After dinner we retired to our LARGE two queen room. I had requested a king online but forgot to re-confirm upon check in so that was MY fault. However because of the two queen beds, our room was HUGE!

The carpet looked newer and was clean. I had no fear of walking around barefoot. The bathroom while nothing outstanding, was serviceable and clean. The shower was large (no tub) and accomodated two people easily and even had a seat which is always a cool thing.

We did not notice excessive noise through the walls or from other guests in the area.

The Casino:

I really liked the Belle's casino. Classic riverboat decor done up in brothel red. Plenty of table games, three or four $2 and $3 blackjack tables (watch out for those 6:5 Blackjack payout though) and even a $1 BJ table. The craps tables were very lively (always a good sign) and all the dealers I encountered were very friendly and seemed to enjoy being there.

We went to a couple of other casinos that night (Saturday) and NONE of them seemed as lively as the Belle's. The Golden Nugget casino has celings that feel like they're hovering about 2 inches above your head and seemed very dark and drab.

On our last morning we had Sunday Brunch at the Captain's Buffet. It was part of the package we booked. It was, again, standard buffet fare but tasty and fresh. No complaints there either.

Overall, we had a great time and we'd definitely stay the the Belle again. We've stayed before at Don Laughlin's Riverside and this was even nicer and the casino was better.

• Stayed April 2006
LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2006

I was afraid to make a reservation here to be honest but was happy I did.After they made a mistake with my reservation they called me quickly and apoligized and set me up and comped me some to make up for it.It is not Vegas luxury but it was clean in the rooms and throughout the casino.Staff seemed to be nice enough and unlike Vegas these days you can actually see a cocktail waitress while gambling before your drink has been empty for an hour!Gambling was not so kind better luck next door at the Pioneer Casino which has a much better buffet- the Belle's buffet is horrid!!!

Been to Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!