“Best value in Laughlin” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Laughlin
Hull, Massachusetts
“Best value in Laughlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hands down, the nicest hotel/casino in Laughlin. Harlow's is a great little restaurant on the main floor, wait staff are pleasant, place is nice and clean, great portions. Joe's Crab Shack is right on the River side, and the steak house also, Rooms are clean and nice size. We look forward to going to the Nugget again. Don't bother with the Pioneer...old. The Belle is pleasant enough, but for the money and to stay at a more upscale place, the Nugget is the best in Laughlin.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

622 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed many times at this hotel. The rooms are fairly quiet and clean. The rooms are not upscale but Laughlin is not that type of town. Maid staff is very helpful if any additional items are needed. Big plus is the Salt Grass Steakhouse which is located within the hotel. Food is always hot and delicious.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Laughlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We enjoyed our stay on Saturday.

The room was very nice. We enjoyed playing at the casino and had breakfast at the Saltgrass Steak House. We will stay at the Golden Nugget on our next trip to Lauglin.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very nice stay. Stayed two nights on long road trip from California. Clean room, very reasonable rate. Very easy check-in, Saltgrass and Joe's Crab Shack on premisis. Free parking, $10wi-fi charge. Easy walking distance to other casino's. Would stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean and the food easy and good. We paid $44 a night for the upgraded rooms which promised a river view. The room was fine but we didn't get a river view as promised and were told none were available. The rooms were clean and the only real complaint was the soft water, which I'm sure is a preference issue and not really something I'd hold against the hotel.
The restaurant was good BUT there were dozens of tiny white spiders all over our table. We were told they were from the indoor plants all around. This wasn't a good enough explanation and a real problem in my opinion.

I'd stay here again I suppose but probably look around a bit too if I return to Laughlin.

Room Tip: Ask for the deluxe room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed for one night whilst travelling in Nevada. The service was OK, as was the room. It was nothing special and we would try somewhere else if we had to stay in Laughlin again. I would suggest eating elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sun Valley, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I booked a two night stay online for $25p/d wasn't expecting it to be amazing, but was still let down. To begin with they only had a double bed room available for me and my spouse. Second, and worst thing in my opinion we got a "NON SMOKING" room, as soon as we walked in all we could smell was cigarette smoke, clearly people smoked in there a lot. We didnt mind too much, after a couple minutes we got used to the smell.However the second night I was awaken from so much smoke I couldnt breath, I think the ir conditioning vents were bringing in smoke from another room, or the people next to us were smoking ethier way it woke me up. The room was descent seemed old but clean. The shower however had a small amount of rust near the drain. They have a basket full of goodies for very affordable prices,in comparison to other places. Lastly the customer service was awful, I mean awful wow, I've worked in customer service before, I know its a pain but I mean, they were not helpful, lazy and rude.The front desk clerk was rude, and not friendly at all. We had to request and wait for someone to being help us with our luggage. I've always scene other hotels have those ready. The bell hop placed our luggage in and left in a hurry, we couldn't even tip him. I wouldn't go as far as to say this place was terrible though they had a nice pool overlooking the river, and a starbux and pretty good restaurants inside. If your on a tight budget and don't care were you stay, this place is for you. However next time I will be paying a little extra to feel more like on vacation.

Room Tip: call ahead and make a reservation facing the river
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Nugget Laughlin? Share your experiences!