“Best hotel there” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aquarius Casino Resort

You added Aquarius Casino Resort to your Saves list
Aquarius Casino Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 S Casino Dr, Laughlin, NV 89029 (Formerly Flamingo Laughlin)   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Livermore, CA
“Best hotel there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

We stayed three nights and thought the room was nice, quiet, roomy and clean. The parking garage was very easy. We didn't pay for a river view room, it didn't matter to us. You walk outside and the river is right there! We walked along the Riverwalk and visited a couple other casinos... the Aquarius was by far the nicest and seemed to have fewer smokers. We are non-smokers! The only complaint was that they charge $12 a day for internet. We choose not to use it in the room and discovered that the Starbucks inside the hotel had free wi-fi! We just went down, got a coffee and hung out there for awhile. That worked great! There is an Outback inside the hotel which we enjoyed one of the nights for dinner. We also ate outside at an Italian restaurant there. It was very good.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
pelizarraraz
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

The valet people were awesome. I can't say the same thing for the rest of the staff. No matter how simple my questions were, such as where is a specific restaurant?, because I was already being told in a extremely RUDE manner I don't know. It is sad that the people that are supposed to be nice and set a good example are not. The rooms are nice but very very dusty. I was sneezing most of the time. I asked housekeeping to dust the room and when I came back it was not done. Overall I would not recommend staying here and I would not recommend for any of my family to stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

Laughlin should really not be at the top of anyone's travel itinerary. With that said, I've been to Laughlin dozens of times back in college and now for business meetings.

I gave the Aquarius better than average ratings because it is the best hotel available in the area. I've stayed at just about every one of them, and sadly, they all fair no better than a Holiday Inn off an Interstate in the middle of nowhere.

The Aquarius has been recently remodeled, pretty clean and modern in room appearance. The property used to be the Hilton Flamingo.

After reading previous postings, especially the one about the property not family-friendly, here is my opinion. Anyone that comes to Laughlin usually is a person interested in gambling. Yes, there is the occasional break to eat and sleep, but for the most part it is a destination for getting down and dirty to gamble. There are no fancy spas, big headliner shows, glitzy nightclubs or world-renowned chef owned restaurants. If you're looking to bring the kiddos in hopes for something "disney-esque", turn-around, drive home and unload the mini-van. The pools are NOT a place to see and be seen, but rather exactly what they were built for 20 years ago, and that is to cool off for a few minutes between rounds at the poker table. Along that note, there are no strip clubs or streetwalkers. The only walkers you'll see are those the elderly folks getting off the tour bus are pushing into the casino.

Bottomline, don't expect to find similiarities between Laughlin and Vegas other than gambling. As for the Aquarius, it's clean, newly renovated, flat screen LCDs in room and great location to casino-hop along the riverwalk. If you're hoping to find something else, it's just a mirage and could probably be found at the Mirage in Vegas.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed here a year ago, visit Laughlin quite often, and won't even go into this hotel to eat because of our experience. We were offered a "free" room, but upgraded to a river view (practically ALL the rooms are riverview, so this was a ripoff), for $$. Construction was being done in the rooms both ABOVE and BELOW us, and when we tried to change rooms, they were only going to move us down the hall. You could still hear the HAMMERS down the hall!! When we complained about the noise (at 7 pm), they said they were supposed to stop, but didn't for a few hours, and they started again the next morning around 6 am. We complained about that, and were told the 'room was free, so we had nothing to complain about'. I guess they forgot we paid a premium for a river view room, so it wasn't free. I emailed them about our treatment by the RUDE front desk staff, and no one ever bothered to call us back or even say they were sorry. If they care so little about people ever coming back, I have no use for them at all.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
SAN DIEGO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

We arrived at the Hotel early and they let us check in without a problem . The very friendly clerk at the check-in desk couldnt have been nicer and actually was happy to see us almost as if we were somebody special. We had just come from Las Vegas and were ready to get away from the crowds and boy did we hit the jackpot with this wonderful hotel. We made the way up to our room and when we opened the door we both looked at eachother like we had stepped into the wrong room. The room was so much more than we expected, emaculate and the linens were actually crispy clean.No musty smell.and the view was so refreshing to see instead of more hotels and busy streets . I actually couldnt wait to take a nap and snuggle on the soft pillows. I was sad we were only staying 1 nite ,but placed a bet on the superbowl just so we had an excuse to come back superbowl sunday.. The employees were so friendly everywhere we went, from the servers at the buffet to the guy who scooped me up some ice cream at midnite at the dreyers stand that is open 24 hrs !!! i thought i had died and gone to heaven. he was a young man who was so pleasant and happy just to give me 1/2 scoop vanilla & 1/2 scoop rocky road ,in closing i will go back to The Aquarius in Laughlin instead of Las Vegas every chance i get.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
henderson nv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

My husband and I took our boat down to Havasu but wanted to stay in Laughlin. I had read that the old Flamingo had been renamed and renovated. I gave it a try. Everything was great and we even won a lilttle money! Good place to stay.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

First, we get into the hotel room, paid for a river view, and only one window was partially facing the river, the rest were facing the top of the casino and fans.

Second, there was no fridge as advertised in our room.

Third, we got all ready to go to the pool and make it down there, and the pool is TINY and packed full. People were less than arms length from each other. Needless to say we didn't get in. I called the health department, as I personally am afraid someone might get sick since so many people were crowded in the pool.

Fourth, after the pool disappointment (kids were upset), we decided a bath was in order. Did I also mention the bathtubs are extremely small, our two little ones barely fit, much less a full grown adult.

Fifth, the wifi would cost us $12 for the night to use... I'm not sure about the other hotels here, but I do know this is the first time I have stayed in a hotel in a long time where wifi wasn't free.

Sixth, the "champagne brunch" was terrible... especially for the price.

We only needed to stay the one night and the Aquarius was the only one who offered just Saturday night alone. Next time we will gladly pay for both Friday and Saturday night just to stay elsewhere. Our previous stays at Harrahs, Colorado Bell, and the Tropicana Express, were much, much more pleasant, even though the casino areas are not as nice.

So I guess it's great if you're not planning on going to the pool or staying much in the room (ie an Adult vacation which involves most of the time spent in the casino)...
but I don't understand why people would even want to do that... the off strip hotels in Vegas offer so much more, more to do, cheaper hotel rooms, huge beautiful pools, better casino atmosphere and a wide variety of tasty food.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!