“Both Pros and Con's, I give it 3 1/2 stars” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aquarius Casino Resort

You added Aquarius Casino Resort to your Saves list
Aquarius Casino Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 S Casino Dr, Laughlin, NV 89029 (Formerly Flamingo Laughlin)   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Houston, Texas
“Both Pros and Con's, I give it 3 1/2 stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

For a change of pace and something different, I split up a 10 day Vegas trip rented a car at LAS and drove down to Laughlin for a few days. Trip advisor reviews had this hotel ranked at or near the top so having never been to Laughlin I made reservations here based on that.

Upon arrival at approximately Noon I asked the valet what time check in was and he told me not to worry about it and to just go to the front desk as they would most likely check me in early as they were not full at all.

I did what he said and got a bit of a sarcastic attitude from the young man at the front desk but after banging away on his keyboard for a couple of mins he said he could accommodate me early and gave me the keys to room 4125 in the California tower

Based on his crass attitude I should have asked exactly what he meant by "accommodate" because this was likely the most undesirable room in the entire hotel with a lovely view of a concrete wall. Why anyone would put a guest in this room when the hotel was not at all full is beyond me and I debated calling to complain but at $39.95 a night with a noon check in, that's pretty hard to do, so I just let it pass as I'm not one to spend much time in the room anyway.

The room was clearly outdated but comfortable and of decent size with decent ammenities. I can't say the room was not clean but did have a slight dusty / musty feel to it as if it had not been used in a long time.

The Casino is nice, decent size and easy to navigate. They have several restaurants including a buffet, a casual cafe, coffee shop, a Mikey D's, and an Outback steakhouse.

I tried the dinner buffet the first night as I had a 25% off coupon and was not impressed, great view, and great staff, but the food was sub- par and I'm being kind. The lettuce from the salad bar was clearly on its second tour for the day from the lunch buffet and the featured carved roast beef was basically a slice of fat, The free margaritas they offered were so sickening sweet they were not drinkable.

I ate at the cafe most meals during my stay after that which was as good as the buffet was bad, one of the best French dip sandwiches I have ever had, great breakfast as well.

I really liked the casino but they had a difficult time getting a craps game going before mid to late afternoon which left me with more down time than I would have liked. If I were to visit again, I would do so in the summer months when you can lounge by the pool or engage in river activities during the day. I was here in early March with temps in the low to mid 60's and very windy so not really pool weather.

I found the staff (aside from the kid at the front desk) to be ultra-friendly and helpful. I visited the other properties in the area and found the Aquarius to be the most modern of the lot. I would recommend staying here during a busier time of year when they have more to do and more to offer and would most certainly pay extra for a river view if available.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed 3 nights in mid-March with friends for a 75th birthday, had a great time. Nice room on the 11th floor, very friendly staff. Ate in the Café and service was a little slow but the food was great, also ate at the Vineyard for the birthday dinner which was very nice and had a great dinner at Outback. Loved the location, stayed there years ago when it was the Flamingo, much nicer now. My only complaint was the bathroom was pretty small, only one of us could get ready at a time, so a mirror in the bedroom would have helped us get ready in a timely manor. I rated the sleep quality poor as the bed was way to soft for us and the pillows were really soft. However I would stay there again as overall a great place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Corrales, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

They say variety is the spice of life and in this case I am happy that we made a change from the usual. We recently went to Laughlin to meet with family members from California and we usually stay a one of the other resorts which we really like very much (similar pricing but further up the hill). In this case we got a better price for the weekend and we thought we would try something different. The room was very clean and frankly looked new. No scratches in the furniture, linens and bedding crisp and clean, carpets looked like new and the bathroom was spotless (trust me my wife is meticulous and uses Lysol regularly). I have to say I was impressed and that says a lot. The room itself was just a typical room with king bed, nightstands, drawers, desk and chair, and another chair and ottoman next to the large windows with blackout curtains. No refrigerator or safe though. At the registration desk I was given a $5 dining credit because I chose to go green...maids only come into the room if requested. Towels, bed change, etc had to be requested. My wife and I were only there two nights and frankly we liked the idea of no one coming into our room unless requested. Price was good (busy weekend with Reba playing). Location of the hotel was great and near everything so we could walk. We didn't move the car (free covered parking) while we were there. They had an Outback Steakhouse on site along with other dining alternatives. One other thing (or maybe two)...the pillows were fantastic and plenty of them to choose from and the bed was as comfortable as our sleep number bed. The casino didn't seem to reek of smoke like many of the others in the area. We will definitely stay there again as it was a great experience for us and the location was a plus. All the staff we encountered were friendly.

Baldwin Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We just stayed one mid-week night to rest from a drive and continue on with our trip the next afternoon. This seemed to be one of the nicer hotels on the strip. Our "river view" rooms were nice and did have a view of the river, but were a bit unclean. I found gummie bears and other stuff on the floors plus our comforter had a stain but for $40 a night I really can't expect much. Like most casinos there is a stronger odor of smoke that burns your nose. The reason I rated service as AVERAGE is because of the attitude I received from the bell desk guy for asking a question of where to find something otherwise the 2 other people that helped me during the stay were helpful. The arcade is not much of an arcade. The pool/gym I didn't use. And the "Windows Buffet" was very good.

• Stayed March 2014
Hollyglen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Caldwell, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed 2 nights in mid-March. Had never been to Laughlin, so had to try it out.
The room itself was nice. Ample towels in room and clean. Nice view of the tennis courts, pool and river from the California Tower. The coffee was decaf, no regular- must have been a mistake.
Casino was very loud. Must be all the machines turned up as high as they would go. Wins were far apart. Must be on the take. Food in regular café was so-so. Pizza at the Cove bar was good and made up for the café food.

northwest ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We spent an evening at this casino recently on a trip to Laughlin. The hotel itself is very similar to what you would find in Vegas, aka large and spacious with lots of flashy slots. We first had a couple of drinks in the Cove lounge area....had to wait 15 minutes to get our first drink. After waiting an additional 15 for the server to take more orders for people who joined us the manager came over. Although apologetic, nothing was done.
I also like to have a cocktail while I'm gambling and in the 4 hours I was there I had 2 drinks. The second one I finished because we were leaving. Either the staff was incredibly overworked or unbelievably slow.
I was the only one in the group who had any luck with the machines too.
We went ready to spend money...I guess they didn't want it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!