“I'd never stay here by choice.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Aquarius Casino Resort

You added Aquarius Casino Resort to your Saves list
Aquarius Casino Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 S Casino Dr, Laughlin, NV 89029 (Formerly Flamingo Laughlin)   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Tucson, Arizona
“I'd never stay here by choice.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The annual conference was held at the Aquarius again. They had a year to improve from last year's horrible experience. They got worse. The coups de grâce was the finding profanity written in pen on the sheets we had slept on the whole time. We didn't see it until the day we were checking out. It was written vertically on the right side of the bed. It was faded so they were washed and reused. The hotel staff knew it was there, and yet they reused the sheets. What else was in that room, let alone in the bed, in the sheets, in the rug, on the walls...I plan on getting my vaccinations updated as soon as I can schedule them. Other than that there was the usual hair in the tub and on the floor of the bathroom, our toilet paper roll was half empty when we checked into the room, the tub didn't drain well and the shower had little pressure, the iron in the room had burns on it and ruined a shirt, hand prints on the floor to ceiling windows, not allowed to use luggage racks unless you pay for the bellhop to come with it, free WiFi available at the McDonald's downstairs but if you use it in the room you have to pay for it, no fridge or microwave in the room even though we were staying multiple days, the extra blanket (which you will need because the air conditioning is set to freeze no matter how you try to adjust it) had whitish yellow crusty spots on it even though it was folded nicely in the closet area...Thank God the room was free. None of the employees care about the people staying there. They are polite and friendly when you see them, but the minute something comes up they are no help and are very practiced with The Blame Game. Don't Go There Unless You Have To!

Room Tip: I haven't stayed anywhere else in Laughlin. All I can say is Don't Stay There.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
cmcadams_theaquarius, Hotel Operations Coordinator at Aquarius Casino Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology for the many inconveniences you described in your review, along with my assurances that this type of experience is uncharacteristic of the high level of service and cleanliness we normally provide. I regret that you were inconvenienced in any way. Your patronage is very important to us and we thank you for being our guest.

Aquarius Casino Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

A Resort the Aquarius is Not... Upon making reservations we were informed that the regular $39 a night rate had been bumped up to a pocket bleeding $140 for Friday and $170 for Saturday due to some event where people floated on rafts down the river. An event we weren't attending nor did we wish to attend. (Same rooms, same accommodations, NOTHING EXTRA PROVIDED) Normally we would have told them exactly where to shove their gouging rates, but our friends were expecting us.

Upon check in, there were literally about 30 parties in line and about 4 out of, oh say, 19 stations open. Talk about a waste of space! After the hour long Check In adventure, we arrived in our room to find... NO AMENITIES! Its freaking NEVADA, 115 degrees out side and there's no fridge in the room, how considerate. No microwave, and a little plastic bucket I can barely fit my hand in, that I'm assuming is for Ice. So when I call down to request a fridge, the oh so informative front desk lady tells me its $10 PER DAY FOR A DAMN FRIDGE. I think not. I guess I'll go pay $2 for a water at the Vending Machine. HA! Its broken! I have to go to a different floor to get a cold water! Nice place!

The Pool should be ashamed to even call itself a pool. its a 4 foot deep pool and its smaller than a tennis court. The funny thing is, There is SO MUCH ROOM next to the pool, these people must be idiots to not expand. Don't even waste your time. No Jacuzzi. But I bet if there was one, it would only fit three people, so eh.

The shower took about 7 minutes just to get hot, which is just unreal. UNREAL. And the food sucked. I won't even get into the "repairs" they came to do at 11:00 at night that we didn't ask them to do to the toilet, leaving the room stinking like sewage. Oh, and you have to pay over $11 for freaking Wi-Fi. Jeez!

Just... don't stay here... run as far away as you can. Don't even gamble here. Don't eat here, go straight on by....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
cmcadams_theaquarius, Hotel Operations Coordinator at Aquarius Casino Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of everyone here at the Aquarius Casino Resort, I would like to extend a sincere apology for the poor experience you had while you were our guest. I am sorry we did not live up to our high standard of operation during your stay. I hope you will reconsider your decision to never return and decide to give us another try. I have sent you a private message with my contact information in the hopes that you will contact me so we can discuss your experience here further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Henderson, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Working on Lake Mojave in July can be a little exhausting. Staying at the Aquarius washes away a long day. Has excellent location for visiting Laughlin. Facilities are in great shape, spotless and convenient. Have stayed here twice on business and look forward to staying here again. Staff friendly and willing to go that extra few yards to make your stay pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

One night was more than enough for us in Laughlin. This town was built as a poor man's Vegas and it lives up to the dream. This hotel was the best of the bunch but with such a low base to work from that's not saying much. The whole town is run down and all the hotels lack any sign of maintenance. Staff were curt and not too friendly. Room was ok but had an awful smell of Kransky sausage which did not go away even with noisy ac running. 9th floor with small corner river view. But what's to view? Jet skis endlessly and noisily going up and down and view across to freeway with takeaway outlets. If you are into cheap gaming in smoke filled, tasteless rooms serving fatty food and cheap drinks, go waste your hard earned here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to extend a sincere apology, on behalf of everyone here at The Aquarius, that you did not experience exceptional service while you were our guest. We take great pride in our service and our product offerings and we deeply regret that you were dissatisfied in any way. Additionally, I am sorry that you did not find the town of Laughlin itself to be appealing. We do offer everything that Las Vegas has to offer, but on a smaller scale. Many people have come to love the slower paced, more laid back atmosphere that Laughlin provides; it is disheartening to hear that you are not among those people that find it a charming getaway. I hope you decide to give us another chance in the future and allow us an opportunity to change your opinion.

Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is the third time was stayed at the Aquarius over the last few years. The location is right on the river and the family enjoys the river-walk at night. The rooms are clean with good views of the Colorado River, and they have plenty of storage space for clothes. The staff was always helpful especially the housekeeping staff. We usually only have our rooms cleaned every other day so they made sure we had enough shampoo and clean towels in-between cleaning days. During our walks at night there are several raccoons and skunks near the water for entertainment. I think the skunks have been de-scented because there is a complete lack of unpleasant odors, and as far as we can tell, no one has been sprayed. The only negative was the internet service was so slow it was like having a dial-up connection. For the cost per day of $12 (we bought this service for only one day)it should have been high-speed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My second stay here and I love it! Consistent...clean rooms, beautiful views, friendly staff, good selection of fast food. We come here for the river regatta each year! Pool is open until midnight daily which is a bonus!

• Stayed August 2013
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed one night while coming back from Grand Canyon. The hotel is huge with two room towers. We stayed at the California tower on the 16th floor. Nice view of the river. The room was clean and ok for the price. You can tell the hotel was getting old. Note, you cannot compare with Vegas hotels. The staff were friendly. Only negative wast the buffet on Sunday, selection was not worth the money!!! very limited selection and food was too salty. We should have try the Prime Rib at the Cafe instead.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!