“Great rooms but the Casino ventilation is a deal breaker.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Aquarius Casino Resort

You added Aquarius Casino Resort to your Saves list
Aquarius Casino Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 S Casino Dr, Laughlin, NV 89029 (Formerly Flamingo Laughlin)   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Palm Springs, California, United States
“Great rooms but the Casino ventilation is a deal breaker.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

First the good before the bad: I really liked my room. The decor was beautiful, the bed comfortable, the a/c excellent and I really like the floor to ceiling windows. Now the bad: 1. The front desk person - I left there thinking "Wow, she wasn't very friendly". Really, how much does it take to greet someone with a smile and a warm hello and welcome to Aquarious and enjoy your stay? Fail. 2. The poor ventilation on the casino floor. Fail. This was a deal breaker for me - I spent all my gambling time at Tropican Express as their ventilation is perfect - no cigarette smell at all. In comparison, the casino floor smelled as if I had walked into a smokers house. As I said, deal breaker. Next time I will book at Tropicana Express.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Last year around the July 4th week I decided to take a trip to Laughlin since I live in Las Vegas it's not that far of a drive! Upon arrival to this resort I was impressed by the outside of the hotel and also once you walk in it's even better! They has a very good buffet and the room that I booked was through expedia and the only complaint that I had was the room that was PRE-PAID for was NOT the one that they had available for me, however they upgraded me to a tower that was the renovated one! Nice save! I would stay here again.. (if Harrah's down the street didn't have any rooms)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wallace
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The rooms at the Aquaries are very large and comfortable and reasonably priced. Bathroom space is great. Our room had a recliner,, table and chairs, king size bed. The windows are magnificent. We could see pool, tennis courts, front entrance and the Colorado River. Plenty of space to hang and store clothes. Heating and air system great. Plenty of outlets. Newer t.v. Even had a small coffee pot; which is rare for a casino. The only downside is that there are not enoough employees. The cocktail waitree and bartender service was poor because of it. Slot machines were all expensive. Not enought of the less than a dollar max type. McDonalds and Outback are within the casino, along with ice cream and a speciality coffee stand. Good location in Laughlin. Walking distance to all the rest of the casinos.

Room Tip: Go during week if you can. Don't pay extra for a river view. King bed rather than two queens g...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
vacaville ,CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I return to the Aquarius in March of each year with a retirees group. We always get a great rate, but of course the bottom rate pretty much assigns your view to the air conditioning vents on the casino roof. This time I opted to upgrade to a higher lever river view room and it was great. The room was fine and housekeeping provided extra coffee packets when requested. I know other comments have mentioned the limited view of the river. Unless you are the ultra high roller you will never get a river front room. My suggestion is to ask for a higher floor and as far toward the river as possible. Arrived late and took advantage of Outback restaruant located within the Aquarius. Good take out, comparable my local Outback: don't look for friendly service through. For the best river view and relaxation I would suggest the steakhouse bar at Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort. The Aquarius has two towers, the south tower is restricted to adults & no children; very quiet during my two day stay. You will be hit with a $10.00 resort fee, this is softened by a comparable credit for food or gaming.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor towards river. If you want quiet ask for a room in the adult tower.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Laughlin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I usually stay at the Edgewater, I was alittle disappointed with room and the fact they don't have a jucuzzi I really don't have anything else to say, I remember my last stay was a little bit better ,,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have to stay when I checked in I thought I was going to enjoy my stay the front desk was very nice and when you first walk in it’s not a bad looking casino floor, but it went downhill from there. The bartenders was cold the restaurants lines long and the food once we got in was ok and that is being nice, it took 90 min to get. Our waitress was working so hard she had way too many tables and the manger was walking around hearing table after table complaining. It was a disaster but it didn’t stop their waitress on the casino floor looked tired and a bit rude and the cleaning staff looked so dam tired. I couldn’t wait to check out. Our room was standard nothing special.
All I have to say is if this was the best Laughlin has to offer then maybe it’s worth the extra time to drive to Vegas.
And yes I did talk to the check out clerk about the above and left my commet in a box.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here on our way down from Vegas to Tucson. It is a neat area along the Colorado. The property was clean and well kept. Upon arrival we were disappointed with the customer service person who checked us in, she seemed to be preoccupied with something else. Never asked us if this was our first time in the area, did not give us any information about the resort - just pointed us to the elevators to get to our room. I just figured she was having a bad day. But once we were in our room - there was no information about restaurants, pool hours, area attractions, etc. Maybe because we came from Vegas, I expected too much. We did eat at the buffet is was okay, but I have eaten at better ones. I will say when we were playing the slots the beverage service women was very friendly, efficient and nice. The price was a bargain and I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!