“Cant beat the Winter room rates!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aquarius Casino Resort

You added Aquarius Casino Resort to your Saves list
Aquarius Casino Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 S Casino Dr, Laughlin, NV 89029 (Formerly Flamingo Laughlin)   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Torrance, California
“Cant beat the Winter room rates!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband stayed her for the night in late December. Our mini suite was $25 a night, a steal!!!

Check in went well, but the room that was given to us was dirty. Not a problem, the front desk quickly gave us a new room which was super clean and modern.

Cant complain about the casino, because my husband won $1000 play Wheel of Fortune slots. Trust me, he NEVER wins in Vegas!!! One of the sports book guys could us a lesson in customers service, but the the rest of the staff were pleasant.

The back bar was ok for happy hour, but the waiter almost refused to serve me because I didnt have my ID. I should be flattered since I am 40 years old, but it was a bit much because I obviously dont look like I am under 21!!

The Italian restaurant had super slow service, it took them an hour and a half to get our main course. The food was awfully bland and catered towards "older" tastes, but I do have to give the mushroom casino a big thumbs up!!! Wouldve rather gone next too to the Edgewater and had dinner at the Hickory Pit, which is EXCELLENT!!! The buffet was ok, really enjoyed the deep fried strawberry cheese cake!!!

Would I stay here again? For $25 a night and the loose slots? Yes!!!! But if I had stayed her in the summer and payed more, I would give it 3 dots instead of 4.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
Flagstaff Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed two nights Monday the 25th of feb and Tuesday the 26th , I booked one on the phone , then when we decided to go early I booked second night online , when we arrived the hotel was very nice free valet , and bell staff very helpful and professional , checked in quickly and room upgraded to river view at no charge , room was beautiful , very nice bedding , and beds , bathroom was very clean with lots of large size toiletries , lotion , shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc the room has a lot of nice amenities , in room coffee that actually makes 4 cups of good coffee , iron and board, hair dryer , nice television and desk , big beautiful windows to see out , cons of the room the thermostat is confusing and it is either freezing or very hot in the room, we could not get the room comfortable , also there is no laundry bags like those bige clear plastic bags so you end up shoving dirty laundry in with your clean clothing which is not cool , the casino was nice. A ton of games but so many that there are no clear walkways and you end up maze walking all over the place, drink service is slow but not too bad for mid week , if you have kids do not bother bringing them here there is NO WHERE for your kids to hang out , they have a tiny arcade Dutch on the third floor in a back room that is horrible , broken outdated games , and only games for older kids which my older one was very bored with , took our money and it was a process to get it back which included a call to the front desk and a visit , form , signature etc, there is no "kids area" so walking around or getting something to eat with them is aweful you have to walk through the casino and here security every two seconds telling you that you cannot stand where you are standing , we thought the mc Donald's would be a good choice , but very modern ugly and not kids friendly also they jack up the prices so a kids meal was $5.50 and a Big Mac was $4.49 just the burger , a large drink was $2.29 , crazy . They have no kids castle but they do have a huge state of the art gym that was empty , me and my husband would have gambled more and been eager to spend more if the kids were able to hang out somewhere , I know a lot of people go to casinos without their kids but we take our kids with us everywhere and like when places recognize that children exist , the Aquarius is not a place that is accepting of kids at all , we ended up going next door to the riverside casino and spending a lot of money there because they have everything a kid could want ! Movie theater , kids castle, huge arcade , bowling alley , and nice wide paths to walk from place to place with them also the car show is great , we will definitely stay at don laughlins riverside next time , even though the Aquarius was beautiful it is not as customer friendly as the riverside , old people and bar flys are the majority of the customers , restaurants are ok not fabulous though and the buffett with a card discount was $11.99 eaxh person ! not a family place at all . Overall I would reccomend to business people , retires , people with no kids , couples.

• Stayed February 2013
Dublin, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The picture of the room and view in the booking process is not representative for what you actually get.

We booked a one night stay in a King Riverview room. Unlike some of the other hotels along the river (e.g. Harrah's), the rooms are not positioned parallel to the river. What we ended up with for a view was a tiny sliver of river and mostly parking garage. Our headboard was positioned away from the river, so no cool views at nighttime while you're in bed.

The room was clean and it was quiet. I will give the hotel credit for that. Our room did not smell like smoke, but I could smell cigarette smoke on the floor (supposedly no-smoking). The casino was very smokey and the ventilation wasn't great. This is from someone who can be tolerant of cigarette smoke, even though I don't like it.

Forget the buffett. Poor quality food and a narrow selection. What a waste of money. The Starbucks was good and the Outback Steakhouse looked interesting, but had an hour wait to get in.

The parking garage was moderately clean and we felt reasonably safe.

The check-in process was smooth. I did like the video check-out option for a hasty departure.

We will try another hotel on the river next time we're in Laughlin.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed overnight here - as a kind of rehearsal for Vegas!! What a disappointment ... the whole place was just concrete buildings and carparks ... there was a "Riverside Walk" where we saw a family of chipmunks and some ducks - on our return there were rats running around.
Our room was a good size but we felt " hemmed in " by the carpets and fittings smelling of cigarette smoke. The view from our window on the 15th floor was of the river and another car park.
We had not made a reservation for dinner and the Colorado Belle was fully booked so we went to the hotel opposite - where we had a very average meal.
The whole resort lacked any real atmosphere and we were glad to move on after one night....

Room Tip: Higher rooms facing the river are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Henderson NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at other Laughlin properties and we found the Aquarius to be average, nothing special but not bad. We booked 2 queens for $70 plus tax (one night, Sunday night, Presidents day weekend) and our room was in the Arizona tower, 16th floor. Rooms are decent, I found lots of dust on the coffee pot and TV..Our room's view was North, and we could see the mountains and the Colorado river, so the view was good, except we could see the garbage area below us and the parking lot of the Riverside where there were hundreds of RVs parked. We walked along the riverwalk from Aquarius to the Colorado Belle and saw a beaver and some ducks along the way which was nice. This hotel is in a good location and you can walk to other properties and the mall. We ate dinner at the buffet in the Aquarius, which was not very good. Since we signed up for a player's card, we received the buffet for $15 per person. We were told the buffet included free wine and beer, however when we were seated, we were told we could only have 2 glasses each, and we had to go to their buffet bar to get the alcohol. That was a pain to wait in line to get a free wine or beer. Your server will bring any other non alcoholic beverages.Some of the food was cold and the taste was just mediocore and I filled up on salad instead (I am not a fussy eater). Internet access for 24 hours is $11.99 but you can get free internet/wifi at Starbucks within the hotel if you don't want to pay. I liked that the hotel offered fast food restaurants, and I wish I would have eaten dinner at Outback Steakhouse instead of the buffet. The pool area (there are no whirlpools that I saw) was full of kids in town for a soccer tournament as well as the tennis area. We did not use either so I cannot comment on using them. We used valet parking and the bell hop was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is very good, the rooms are huge and very clean, our room did have bedroom and living area that we like it a lot, the casino is not vegas style but still is ok if you want to have some fun, the swimming pool is on the roof and is agreat place to have fun.
If you find yourself in Laughlin this is the one where to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were here at the end of camping trip and to view the petroglyphs outside of town. We chose to stay here after reading trip advisor rating this the #1 place to stay. We are not gamblers or into the casino crowd, but needed a shower and some creature comforts. Waited in line to check in, while breathing the smoke on the first floor. Our room was on the 11th floor with an OK view of the river and the shining lights of the surrounding casinos.There was an hour plus wait at the Outback Steakhouse - so make those reservations ahead of time or call room service and avoid the crowds and smoke. Rooms were clean, mostly quiet - around 3 AM there was noise that might have been unloading items for the casino. One previous reviewer mentioned the drapes did not close tightly...they are right...my quality of sleep was affected. If you book Tuesday - Thursday you get the $45.00 per night bed and breakfast deal. Otherwise, the same room will cost $100.00 without the breakfast. They advertise as luxury, but really, it was pretty standard. However,in fairness, we don't know what the other hotels are like in Laughlin. We just hope we don't ever have to stay in a hotel in Laughlin again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!