“Bubba Gump is not like a Box of Chocolates” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Kingman, Arizona
“Bubba Gump is not like a Box of Chocolates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

No, chocolate it isn't but it is very tasty seafood. My husband and I were in Laughlin for a day at the casino and decided to give Bubba Gump's a try. I had fried shrimp which was very tasty. They give you a lot of shrimp although it was 16.99 so a little steep for lunch. They do not seem to have any specials for lunchtime, however with our AARP card there is a 10% discount.
The people there are very pleasant. The décor and atmosphere uses a lot of Forrest Gump photos and sayings, very cute. They have a lovely outdoor seating area on the Colorado River but it was about 110 yesterday so not quite what we call "sitting outside" weather. My husband who is a devoted burger eater had a cheeseburger which was also quite good despite it being a mainly seafood restaurant. It's a nice place for a nice meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

lockport, new york
“best part of trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

wow what a great place! clam chowder best we ever had. every kind of shrimp available. friendly people! a little pricy but worth every cent! right on the river in the golden nugget.

Visited June 2013
Freeland, Washington
“DO NOT GO HERE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Warning!!! Aside from the food being poor quality (more later) they hire thieves! I have never had such a bad experience at a restaurant in my life! I love the Bubba Gumps in Lahina and was hoping to be just as happy with the one in Laughlin. I ordered the same New Orleans Shrimp I always do and it was way TOO spicy and just didn't even seem the same recipe,the bread which usually is to die for was simply toast with Parmesan. My daughter had the fried shrimp which was just fried shrimp...the bill was 65$ and I left a 13$ tip. Did not complain just thought yuck I won't be back. But the real trouble started after I left. Those of you familiar with Laughlin know about the water Taxis as it was 112 degrees out when we saw one pull up we left running to catch it. As soon as we sat down I realized I had left my 200$ Unisex Oakleys on the table. When we arrived at our next stop we got out and figured we might as well stay to do our business (about 30 min) because it would cost another 8$ to go back and another 8$ to return. When I did return I asked if anyone one had returned my glasses (knowing exactly they were there) Nope was treated VERY rudely no one offered to help I was told I was free to look.Obviously the table was cleared and no one was sitting there. This was 3pm not a busy time in fact there were only 3 other tables there while we were. (now I know why). No one offered to take my name to call if they showed up NOTHING they just stood there looking at each other a hostess, several bus people and my waiter...they were just milling about as it wasn't busy. I didn't come on strong I wish now I would have. The next day I called the manager to ask about security cameras but was told by the manager they don't have them. The manager Chris was only slightly more helpful than his crew.My thought is this...if they will steal sunglasses (yes they were cool) what else? My credit card info?my identity? Thieves are the lowest people on earth...I loved those glasses! DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“a little disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had lunch here (no appetizer, no dessert) 2 entrees and 2 beers - 60 dollars later, we had enjoyed some good food... I will say, that the shrimp is just excellent. I had a penne pasta with shrimp. The pasta was very undercooked, I asked them to cook it more, but it really wasn't any better when they brought it back. My husband had a Mahi Mahi/shrimp/rice dish and he really liked it. The service was very good. I just thought that it was pretty pricy for lunch.

Finally, without asking, they added a charge for 2 souvenir glasses (it's an automatic charge). We don't really collect souvenir glasses and sure weren't interested in buying 2 Bubba Gump shaker glasses. When I asked, they took them off the check, but I denfinitely thought it was a really underhanded way to make an extra 9 bucks!! So the final total of our bill was 51 dollars, and I left with a really bad taste in my mouth.

I probably won't go back, just because of that charge for the shaker glasses.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Henderson, Nevada
“Great food and service for a chain...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The food we ordered was wonderful. I have had the fried dishes before and was not impressed. But we had the Mahi Mahi and The shrimp and sausage skewers both were delish !!! Service was great.. It is a little pricey, but for a chain restaurant very good...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere