“R&R” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Menomonie, Wisconsin
“R&R”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

As a ten time visitor to Laughlin,I will tell you, for the money you cannot beat it ! Clean rooms and good service by the staff. Lots of comps with your players card. Under the south tower gambling floor is non-smoking which is nice for us ex-smokers.

Room Tip: Riverside suites are nice. Weekends can be a little louder in the hallway.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Needs an update to the hotel rooms. Outdated fabrics, flooring , furniture. Needs new everything. Bed mattress was lumpy & soft. Only good part of it was the pillow. Which apparently are for sale in lobby. The rooms need new decor. Outdoor patio Chairs to sit on the balcony would have been nice. Casino is older & too smokey. Other casinos seem to have a better ventilation system.

• Stayed March 2014
Osoyoos, Bc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

During Feb of 2014 we spent over 10 days at Don Laughlin's Riverside Hotel. I was worried by some of the reviews about things like cleanliness on the Laughlin site but our balcony room with view in north tower was very nice. We had to be on wait list for a week for fridge which was a paih but otherwise enjoyable. The hotel itself has some great family entertainment. The bowling alley is professional looking & used a lot. The cinemas are good. Didnt use Bingo but lots were. The shops were good . The slots only behaved occasionally!..but we liked the Charlie & Chocolate Factory best & could hardly get on it, its very busy. We treated ourselves to dinner one Friday in the Gourmet Restaurant & believe me I never had better food or service.....We were not too impressed with their other eateries. Riverside could improve the quality of food a lot & some of the front desk were not well trained. However maybe this is a training time, no idea.

But there was certainly lots to do & other hotels to visit & play, just along the river walkway. The mall had good selection of items. Weather was cloudy at first but plenty warm compared to back east! Last few days were summer, about 75F.

We enjoyed the local sites too: Lake Havasu, Oatman, AZ...the donkeys were fabulous & I love the people...so interesting. All in all we had a relaxing time & might go back if time allows.

We visited other casinos like AVI & AVI has a great waterfront.. It would be a great spring & summer place...The waterfront at Riverside is also good & has the docks for ferries & taxis which are quite fun. But for beach its the AVI.

Room Tip: we liked the north tower river view room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Medora, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I give the 5 stars strictly because of the day spa! I went to check out the spa "facilities" and realized it had treatment rooms with NO hot tub or steam room. When I realized there were no facilities to use, I was a little hesitant to spend the money just on a massage. I decided to just try it out. Peggy was my masseuse, and she was very experienced! She did EVERYTHING I expect and did a great job! It was a fabulous experience! I will most definitely be booking another massage with Peggy next year!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
St. paul, mn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Approximately 2 years ago, I wrote an extremely negative review of Riverside Resort. I stand by the opinions I expressed at that time, as they were based on years of traveling to Laughlin, and using the Riverside as my initial destination. I recently visited Laughlin, and I can now say that my impression of this property have improved vastly. I give kudos to the RIverside for making solid, and highly visible efforts to update and upgrade the hotel/casino. The casino area has been freshened with new carpet and players club area. The hotel front desk is attractive and functional. Most importantly, the rooms seem cleaner, brighter, and the mattresses are some of the most comfortable I have slept in while staying in a hotel. The pillows, however, feel like burlap bags overstuffed with upholstery foam pellets. I stayed one night, and switched properties when I discovered crickets in my bedding. I understand that this is a common problem in Laughlin, and there was a flyer in the room indicating such. The Riverside still has a long way to go, but what they have accomplished to date deserves to be recognized.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have stayed here twice and been very satisfied with the rooms and the Casino. 1st trip stayed in South Tower, River view room -- perfect. 2nd trip, North Tower, River view room, a bit noisy in the a.m.
All in all a great place to stay. Great service.

Room Tip: Choose South Tower
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Edina, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

For value for money, Laughlin is a good place to visit. Downside to my stay at any casino hotels is that I'm a nonsmoker and non-gambler. If it wasn't for using casino hotels as the base to play golf and enjoy entertainment with friends, I would be very a reluctant visitor and guest.

Riverside hotel & casino is dated. You can see it and feel it beds and furnishings. But hey, we all get what we pay for. It's a fair price for what you get.

The only issue I have with Riverside, despite their nonsmoking gambling and guest rooms, for which I am thankful, is that better dining and bars are in smoking areas.

I will be making this annual golf trip next year too. I don't know if better option(s) exist for nonsmokers but I will explore for one.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort? Share your experiences!