“Kids castle!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
San Diego, California
“Kids castle!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This review is solely based on our experience at the kids castle at the riverside. We did not stay at this hotel but were traveling with kids and after bowling with them we decided to give the kids their own fun time while we had our own fun time gambling. It is for kids 2-12, 7$ per hour, per child, 2 hour minimum, 5 hour maximum. They took us on a little tour so the kids could see what they have to do there as well. They have a little theater with kids movies playing-Brave was on and my daughter was hooked...jumpy house, free video games that give you tickets to buy little trinkets afterwards. Xbox, air hockey etc...along with workers in the areas to make sure everyone is happy at all times. It is a socks only facility-and whoever drops them is the only one able to pick up providing I.D.
We paid the extra 1.75 for the kids to get a snack and drink. You have the option to have them get a meal as well. My kids can't wait to go back.
My husband and I both came from "gambling parents" and wished we had a place to go like this when we were kids!
Parents do yourself a favor and let your kids have fun in a very safe, fun place while you have fun!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went to Laughlin to visit some family friends, who had decided to stay at the Riverside so I booked our room there too. I purchased the room through expedia and got it for $29 a night, and the price even included tickets for the USS riverside boat ride. When we got in I wasn't expecting much for the price I paid but when we got to the room it was pretty nice. We stayed in a mountain view room in the south tower that had a balcony. The room was clean, came with a coffee maker, and had some toiletries. Over all it was a nice room, the only thing I could get nit-picky about was the fact that the bed skirt had a tear at the seam. The staff was nice when checking in and out, and house keeping was quick when I asked for extra towels. We went to the pool across from the elevators to the south tower and it was clean and had more then enough fresh towels( there is nothing worse than being cold and needing a towel and there being none). Overall this was a great hotel for a great price, I will agree with some that it can be a little dated but when going to laughin most things are that way. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Overall a bad experience . Needed to change arrival date by one day and add even one more night . Hotel said no and charged me 65. 00 $ to cancel previous night. Asked for 2 connecting rooms. Called the day of arrival to confirm and Becky said yes rooms are a joined. Arrived to check in, and one room was on the 6th floor and the other was on the 21st floor. Peeling wallpaper. Unheated pool was filled with giant moths and grasshoppers. Room smelled and we could not open the windows because of the bugs. Our room had big black crickets even with Windows closed. Our bathroom sinks clogged and smelled. The pillows smelled like sweat. Wonder if the pillows were ever washed. Felt like a dirty motel with a higher price tag. Disappointed and angry about the money spent to have my children grossed out and disgusted. Won't ever ever go back.

• Stayed March 2013
Glendale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Fabulous! We weren't planning a vacation for Spring Break this year, however, I received a 3 night stay offer. The same lady that checked me in also checked me out. She was awesome! I wanted to "name" her in this post, however, her name didn't save to my contacts. We stayed in room 1876 in the South Tower. It was perfect. Close enough to the elevators, River View, comfy beds, clean and spacious AND quiet. We used the pool/jacuzzi, movie theater, Kids Castle, shopping, buffets and obviously casino. The bar by the bowling alley was really smokey, but we just avoided it completely. The Kids Castle wasn't available for our 2nd night there because they were maxed out on kids, but it wasn't a huge deal. The elevator wait was long, but again not a big deal. I also took each of my kids on separate "dates" and used the water taxi. Captain Steve was AWESOME! Oh, and my husband said the movie theater popcorn was the best he'd ever had. I love the pool area. It's just relaxing. The pool was cold but not too cold for my kids! All in all, this was a great getaway for us. It's not a "kids" place, but it works great for parents that don't get vacations away from their kids. The days were spent with the family and the evenings were spent with me and my hubby! Pretty cool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tiverton, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just got back from a week in Laughlin. We stayed in the north tower,the older of the two towers and the room was great. The bed was very comfortable and the access to a lot of the fun things to do in the hotel were right at our fingertips. For was good, dancing was awesome and the whole week went well. Bowling alley is a little expensive but it gives an option for those who need a break from gambling.

Room Tip: The north tower puts you right above the arcade and movie theater as well as pizza hut and cinnebon
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had so much fun at this hotel and casino!

The employees at this hotel are so nice and helpful! I have never been treated this good at any hotel I have stayed at. The check in desk did a really good job of getting us into another room quickly since our room wasn't ready when we got there (we arrived before check-in time). The price at this hotel is excellent!! During the weekdays it was $38/night and on the weekends it was $49/night. The food at the buffet was really good. The rooms are super clean and the beds were very comfortable.

The casino games seem to do a good job for winning payouts both at the tables and at the slot machines. Make sure to sign up for Players Club. We were able to get 2 dinners at the buffet completely free.

This last year we drove which made for a long trip (2 days of driving each way). Next year we are going back again but we plan on flying and getting the package deal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lapeer, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Went to this resort March 9-13. It was a quick warm weather getaway and we flew out of Flint Bishop Airport. The Resort itself is ok, if your looking for a 4- 5 star this is not your place. The place is big and smokey. The service for drinks at the machines can be very slow. We had a room in the North Tower overlooking Colorado River and it was amazing. The room was clean, but just a room. The buffet was good, but I have to say The Gourmet Room was great. The food and service was GREAT. I would definiatly go back to the Gourmet Room. I felt like a number there. I did not feel anything personable about the Casino or its staff.......Would I go back yes, because there is alot of other things to do.

Room Tip: North Tower has new updated paint and carpet. Request rooms overlooking Colorado River the view is b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort? Share your experiences!