“Quiet for a casino” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Morro Bay, CA
“Quiet for a casino”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was very apprehensive when I discovered that, in a panic to find a room in our "goal-city" of the travel day, we'd booked ourselves into a casino on a reservation way south of Laughlin. We neither gamble or smoke.
Happily, the room was smoke-free, and after requesting a quiet room on an end, the employee delivered. True it was a Monday night and the resort was only about 1/3 full, but I didn't hear a sound all night.
It's fun how they made a man-made beach complete with thatched umbrellas right next to the river.
So, if you find yourself in need of a cheap, clean and quiet room on the border between California and Arizona, The Avi is not a bad choice even for those who are not partiers.

Room Tip: On an end in the north wing.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I will never stay here again. I booked the beach tower room. I get there and they don't have my room & said it wasn't in there notes. Tried giving me a smoking room after I told them I don't smoke. Then tried giving me a room with one bed. Saying it was a upgrade because it had a jacuzzi. I said I have a 9 year old with me why would I want a jacuzzi. Then they called security like I am the bad guy. Out the blue security just stood next to me. They seen I wasn't doing anything wrong so they left. I never once raised my voice or cursed at any of the staff. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We arrived Friday just after dinner time. Checking in was quick and easy at the front desk. We ate dinner at the buffet and found it to be pretty good. Food was tasty and had a good variety of options available. After dinner we went to our room and found it to be quite suitable. Beds were comfy and clean. (Personally I really liked the beds.) The shower was a little on the small side but it worked and wasn't really a big deal. Casino was smokey. :( Kind of wish they were none smoking with a smaller smoking area...again not a big deal just not pleasant for me to be forced to breath the smoke. Pool area was really great and we spent all day Saturday there with the 4 kids (aged 5-15) hot tub was in perfect working order and the water was nice and hot!! Kids went Saturday evening to see a movie at the theater that is onsite while the little one went to the Kids Quest (sitter service). Overall we had a very pleasant experience and we would definitely come back for a weekend stay. We did find out while we were there that the ArrowWeed Lounge was not going to have live music anymore...so sad! We love a good band playing live music!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

While staying in Bull Head City/ Laughlin, we decided to try this place out. It's a short drive from there and we wanted a change of casino scenery. Not a bad casino at all. Plenty of variety, ample parking, courteous staff. I guess I have a warm spot for it because I walked out with $600 of their money, even though they got some back on another trip. Be aware that there is a lot of old coin spitting machines here which I found out by accident. It can be a real pain if you cash a jackpot.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
basingstoke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is an ok hotel! it's got a bit of everything that you could need! restaurants, casino, bars! its comfy and clean but a little smoky which is weird for me being English! drinks are very expensive though.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Canyon Country, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The rooms are of average size and furnishings are typical. Beds are full size but comfortable. TV worked fine, a/c worked fine, table and chairs provided seating. No extra's like refrigerator or microwave. There is a small safe in the closet although we didn't use. The bedding was clean, no yucky comforters just a patterned throw at the end of the bed for decoration (which we removed). The towels are small and "older" but sufficient. The bathroom and room was generally clean however, the often missed places were kind of scummy. The light switches, the hair dryer, the lamp switches, the drawer pulls, the remote control... I don't think they ever wipe those down. The non smoking room on floor 2 didn't really smell like smoke as stated by Jeffrey T, but the whole place is full of smoke so it would've been hard to tell. I'm sure it's hard to keep it out of places it isn't desired. Had a perfectly accommodating breakfast at Feathers. Get your AVI card so you can enjoy the $2.99 breakfast special. Being it is January and we were only there one night we didn't use the very lovely looking pool or the beautiful beach cove area but if you plan of staying during warmer months, you'll enjoy the grounds. Staff was helpful and pleasant at the front desk, housekeeping (we asked for extra pillows) and Feathers (their restaurant).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Palmer, Alaska, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The rooms are not very clean. The non smoking rooms smelled like smoke. The air conditioner/ heater sounded broken. It was like a 2 year old banging a pan with a hammer. The employees at the Avi are all nice, it was just the facility that was lacking.

Room Tip: don't get a room near the front of the building. Unless you want to smell cigarette smoke all ni...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Avi Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!