“swimming pools are way too shallow” 3 of 5 stars

Avi Resort & Casino
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   10000 Aha Macav Pkwy, Laughlin, NV 89029   |
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Laughlin
STEVENSON
“swimming pools are way too shallow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Again I like the use of a good swimming pool. The pool environment here is great but mostly for kids. On the adult side I found any number of cigar smoking loud drunks. I did not appreciate this. There is however a great beach area on the river itself that I might try next time. The buffet is simply excellent and very very reasonably priced and the dining room faces the lawn and river, a great place to sit, relax and eat! The deposit thing I see mentioned can be avoided, I think, by simply paying up in full, that is the way it is at Harrah's that charges $ 75, but I could be wrong. In any event it is a BAD policy

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

405 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Prescott Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I had gotten a special offer that we thought was great. Well, we traveled 3 hours to get there to find out it's not that great of a deal. Upon check-in, we had everything ready as requested. Just to find out that because using a debit card we charged $100.00 Deposit fee, which we would get back when we checked out. Because our account did not have the $100.00 fund available, we were denied our room.
Needless to say we are very upset with Avi, we will never return back to this establishment, being treated as such.
We have stayed all over in Laughlin, and Las Vegas and all around the country, but never been treated the way were at the Avi.
Needless to say we drove home that same evening. It is not worth your time. Take this advise and be aware what you may be getting yourselves into.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I spent 3 weeks at this hotel. I had local business commitments. I stayed in 4 different rooms and they were all clean and comfortable. The food at the buffet is fair and the other choices are Subway and Chinese fast food. Over all I like the Avi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I received a comp poster card for 3 days and 2 nights from this resort and decided to use it, when I checked in this hotel, it's about 11pm,when my boyfriend and I went into the room and found the toilette was blocked, so when I flush it, the water came out from the toilette flooded the bathroom, I called the hotel right away and waited in the room about 2 hours but no one showed up, we had no choice but to stay in an other hotel(I have proof).
I received a bill for $50 from Avi for the hotel fixing it's blocked toilette,I called the hotel when I received the bill and was told by the manager that there was an animal was found in my room too and my boyfriend and I even not stayed there. The manager insisted that I have to pay.
What a trap and dishonest business practicing!!!

Room Tip: There are other excellent casinos like Riverside, Coronado belle...go there. Avi is terrible, very d...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Room was clean and quiet but very outdated. The check in line was really long and took a little to long to check in with not enough employees to match the guests tring to check in. We purchased a package deal which included tickets for the monster truck and freestyle motocross show. The event was pretty cheesy except for the motocross guys. They were pretty good. The event area is some bleachers with temporary outdoor lighting that they would turn to different areas depending on what was going on. Very poorly lit to say the least and the announcer was a joke.
Casino was adequate but drink service was very slow. We ate at the buffet, Feathers, Moon Shadow grille, Subway and Sbaro during our stay and all were ok. The bar at the pool was not pricy but the pool was FREEZING. Even my kids would only stay in it for a bit. The river was four or five feet low every morning and not that attractive at that level and very cold as well. Kids did like the kids quest though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Avi. The room was clean but a bit dated. The staff wasn't mean but didn't seem like they wanted to go out of their way to make sure you enjoyed your stay. We ate at the steakhouse I must say the food was very good, but expensive. I would stay here again only if they had an event I wanted to go to.

• Stayed October 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Good: Great quiet rooms, pretty pool area with trees, pretty good gaming. Has on site first run movies, plenty of gaming, including poker and bingo.

The Bad: Pool used to be heated year round, but I just came home from here yesterday and the pool was FREEZING. Restaurants do not serve healthy food at all. Due to illness, I have to eat fat-free meals and all their food is loaded with fat, including salad dressings.

The Ugly: Went to the coffee shop for dinner, our waitress was a very LARGE lady, and my husband asked her if the $9.00 bowl of soup was enough for dinner. She told him it was, that it was a huge bowl and filled all the way to the top. After ordering, she brought this soup, which was not only a small bowl, but it was only HALF full, if that. He didn't want to mention it, but I just couldn't let it go. She took the soup in the back and I felt really bad, because I was the one who complained. I know NEVER to send food back, but I was hoping that she would just charge us half price, since it was only half full. When she brought back the soup, there was only a little more broth or hot water (and who knows what else) added and she said they couldn't add anything else. I was really pissed...$9.00 for a really small bowl of soup, and he said it wasn't even very good. I have no idea why she lied to us about the portion size, and then really did nothing about it when she brought it and it wasn't as promised.

I can handle the pool being cold (although I was disappointed), but the whole soup fiasco was enough for me to reduce my rating from four or even five stars down to three.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Avi Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!