“Good place to get over jetlag” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Good place to get over jetlag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The property is a short taxi or shuttle ride from the airport. The shuttle also dropped us at the airport car rental area at the end of our stay. We walked to the strip, but a shuttle does go there. It was about 10$ for a taxi back

We checked in immediately - no long queues like the big casino hotels. The room was huge and a door separated the lounge are from the bedroom - great for when one partner is awake in the middle of the night.

The breakfast was very large and although you had to line up for the cooked food it was all freshly cooked for you, eggs, pancakes, hash browns. There were also plenty of choice for breads, cereals and fruits.

We relaxed by the pool after exploring The Strip and were glad to get away from the crowds.

We had a meal in the restaurant but were the only people eating there. The 2nd night we walked out of the car park and went into Hard Rock Hotel which is opposite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for the review and all of your comments. We appreciate your business and hope that you will choose our Embassy Suites again, should your travel plans include Las Vegas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were trying to book an Embassy Suites hotel very near the Las Vegas Convention Center and thought this was the one. But it wasn't. There's ANOTHER one that's much, much closer. This one isn't too far away, but we could not walk there from this hotel (so we had to drive, about 4 minutes away). However, I must say that THIS Embassy Suites is MUCH, MUCH NICER than the other Embassy Suites. This one is on Swenson Street; the other on Paradise. That other one is more or less a dump. We had friends staying there (because they were smart enough to pick the one that was actually closest to the Convention Center), but that place looked old, dark, had a bad smell and was staffed by the ghetto community. This Embassy Suites on Swenson was far more attractive, much cleaner and new, and you just felt like the place was in tip top shape through and through. The classic Embassy Suites breakfast here was terrific. Our only complaint about this place was that the rooms are too dark. The "living room" part of the basic suite only had one and a half lamps which did not brighten the room up enough. And the darkness didn't make it feel "romantic;" it just made it feel bleak. I wonder why they don't put more lighting in the room. The bedroom part of the suite was fine, as far as light. Bottom line, if you want an Embassy Suites that MUST BE within walking distance of the Convention Center, pick the other one, though you will quickly notice it's glum looking. This one is so much nicer!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for the review and thanks for staying with us- even if it was by "mistake." We appreciate your comments and feedback and thank you for your business.
We are working on some additional lighting solutions for our suites.
We hope to see you again!
Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great hotel - off the strip location - quiet, wonderful made to order breakfast and free drinks in the evening. This is a sure bet when visiting Las Vegas for business or fun. The pool even hade a life guard during peak hours.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you very much for the review. We appreciate your business and hearing your comments.
We hope to see you back again soon.
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

had to stay over an extra night and wanted to be close to the airport. it was a good, typical Embassy Suites stay. managers reception, ate dinner there, and then breakfast. Room was clean and sheets were new and clean. good stay overall. I stayed there a few years ago with my wife. easy walk to hard rock for gambling and quick taxi to the strip. excellent hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for the review. We appreciate you choosing the Embassy Suites. As noted, our location is great for being near the airport.
We hope to see you back again.
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

You would expect that an airport hotel would have frequent complimentary shuttle service to and FROM the airport, right? Not here.
Shuttle service to the airport stops at 11:30 am and does not start up again until 4:30 pm. No reason given. 2 vans parked at the entrance but no drivers. Meanwhile, the hotel was paying for a lifeguard at the pool to sit with nothing to do, as the pool was empty for hours. And if you want shuttle service FROM the airport, forget it. The Las Vegas cab industry must be very powerful, as the city limits the # of pick up providers, and for the most part, the only way to get to the nearby airport hotels is by cab, so count on $10 fare and a $5 tip, to get to the airport hotel just a few miles from the hotel. The Embassy Suites web site should at least disclose that.Instead the web site states that scheduled airport shuttle is available. 'scheduled' as in not in the afternoon and not at all from the airport.

Otherwise, hotel is typically good Embassy, clean, quiet, comfortable, with the nice happy hour and good breakfast. But if you are going to pay for a cab, no reason to pay Embassy rates, when there are plenty of nice hotels on the strip, just as nice or nicer, for a lot less money, and you will be closer to the action.

Room Tip: Join Hilton Honors. The hotel saves the top floor for Honors members. And drive if you can, as being...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for your review and your comments.
I am sorry to hear that our shuttle service did not meet your expectations. While it does say that we provide scheduled service to the airport and the strip, we can certainly be more clear on our hours and for the fact that we don't provide transportation from the airport. Currently, our shuttle hours are based on the historical use and business levels. I am not sure where the 2nd van came from, as we only have 1 van for the hotel.
We will certainly look to make some improvements on how we communicate about our shuttle service and will look into our hours of operation.
Thanks again for the feedback, we appreciate your business.
Waterloo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

First time at this hotel, but am an Embassy Suites addict. Traveling to Las Vegas is always a business trip for me, so there is no interest in casinos or dragging my suitcase and laptop 14 miles through throngs of people and cigarette smoke to get to my hotel room after a long flight. Embassy Suites on Swenson in that respect is an oasis in the dessert. The two swans were a delightful surprise and very unique (as far as I know) to an ES property. The location is close to UNLV and a few blocks from the strip. One thing I am always shocked by when returning to Vegas is how sketchy some areas are close to the strip. The block that the hotel is located seems very safe, but a few blocks in the wrong direction and shady characters are all around. The front desk was simply outstanding, getting me into the perfect room early, early, early and then using my name every time they saw me over the next three days. Great customer care! The room was always made up early and in a timely manner - which I truly appreciate when I am in and out between meetings. Seems like an insignificant detail, but important to someone who 'uses' the room. I didn't use the pool, but did poke my head out and it must be one of the most beautiful ES pools I have seen to date! With a lifeguard on duty which is an added bonus. If I ever considered bringing my family to Las Vegas (which I wouldn't) they would be over the moon about this pool! Elevators were very quick, the 'shop' which is self serve, after getting locked-in once, was well stocked, but very overpriced. I needed some Tylenol and couldn't bring myself to pay that price - too Scottish I guess! Just drove two blocks to Target and got what I needed along with a Starbucks!!

Amenities: Breakfast, Reception, Dinner Internet, & Parking...
I thought it was one of the worst set-ups for breakfast I have experienced in an ES. Line-ups, people coming back on themselves to collect napkins, utensils. No trays! Yes, I said no trays!!! How do you carry a newspaper, reading glasses, my BlackBerry, a coffee, toast and a plate of bacon and eggs without a tray?!!!! Seriously? The cook (more senior one) was not friendly at all, had a Seinfeld moment actually - I tip ALWAYS at the ES breakfast... this fellow got nothing but a snort from me. Now the gal that was busing - she was delightful, chatting, attentive... even young people (teens) were treated as well as any other guest. Terrific customer service. She was the recipient of my tips! I did not attend the manager's reception due to meetings, but walking by it seemed, busy, energized and well attended in the bar area. Let's get to the best part... parking - convenient, close, attractive... and safe. I had no concerns about my rental car at all. This is worth it's weight in gold in Las Vegas. Overall, a good stay and for a very reasonable price with Internet service included. A wonderful alternative for non-casino hotel in LV! Again kudos to the front desk - the most delightful part of the stay.

Room Tip: The entire site is quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the great, thorough review. We really appreciate hearing all of your comments. I am sorry to hear about part of your breakfast experience and we will be looking into ways to make it more efficient.
I will be sure to share your comments about the staff.
We appreciate your business and hope to see you back again soon.
Tullahoma, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was at a trade show in Las Vegas last week and spent three nights at the Embassy Suites on Svenson. What a nice place! The people were incredibly friendly and helpful, the facility was clean and beautiful. The free breakfast was plentiful and tasty and I enjoyed the Manager's Reception one evening as well. The location was a little bit off the strip, but I liked that.....it was quiet there. I definitely recommend this place! Thank you, everyone at Embassy for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments and writing a review. We appreciate hearing your thoughts.
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites and we hope to see you back again soon.

Been to Embassy Suites Las Vegas? Share your experiences!