“Bingo at the Plaza” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Hotel & Casino

You added Plaza Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Plaza Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Main Street, (previously known as the Union Plaza), Las Vegas, NV 89101   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #136 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Torrance, California, United States
“Bingo at the Plaza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Jus got back from a nice 5 day get away at the Plaza Hotel in downtown Las Vegas. We went up for a Bingo Tournament. It was great Hotel to stay at ! Very cheep in price The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable! The lady at the front desk upgraded us to a room with a view of Las Vegas for free !!! The employees were all helpful in anything we asked of them! I sure would go back to this hotel anytime ! It had people of all ages ! Young to old !! Bingo was great !!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
PlazaBest, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Melissa, Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to see you had a good stay with us and would come back again. Also glad you had a good time at Bingo! Hope to see you back soon. -The Plaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Polish first
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We booked a night at the Plaza only due to last minute flight changes leaving no availability in the strip hotels on a saturday night. I just needed rest after a long day of travelling and my wedding being in 2 days. Sleep was not what we got. Our room overlooked fremont street and between the lights coming through the horrible curtains and the sound coming in through the horrible windows as well as having simply a sheet for a blanket, we did not sleep a wink. The concierge had no information when we asked simple questions and was actually rude. We didn't feel safe sleeping in this hotel as anybody could use the elevators and the stairs to the parking structure are so DIRTY I felt as if homeless people would be sleeping there (it smelled of pee anyways). This hotel is certainly used for partying. At check out, I was asked how my stay was and after saying ok I was given a smile as if that was a compliment to them! Also, the rude front desk staff asked me for money without telling me what I owed it for! Clearly they care about money vs customers. I will not be staying here ever ever again.
The next night we thankfully had a great night sleep at the Flamingo which was quieter, cleaner and much cheaper!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are looking for a good room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cartersville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

spent a week at the plaza hotel in October 2013, the rooms are large and comfortable. also did not like the resort fee that was charged. always enjoy staying downtown rather than the strip. free entertainment on the stages, many casinos to visit, lots of good food, everything close by, and a short trip to strip by bus if wanted.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
So glad you had a great stay with us! Thank you for your review and hope you'll be back really soon!
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The recently remodeled rooms are a vast improvement over what was previously offered. They are quite comfortable and fairly reasonably priced. Two problems, however. They are the only hotel in downtown Las Vegas to charge a resort fee. It is $10 per night and includes free internet, so if you were going to use the Internet anyway, you are breaking even. Also, if you like to sleep before midnight, make sure your room is not in the north tower facing Fremont Street Experience. The loud bands seem to be right outside your window (which the are). There is no way you are sleeping through that.
My biggest complaint, however, is related to billing. They have some strange way of presenting details on the bill that I cannot figure out and I travel a lot and have seen a huge variety of bills. The totals have always been correct, however.
Our last stay was just over a month ago. We checked out and signed the bill for the correct amount. Two weeks later we received our credit card statement and we were double charged. I called Plaza receivables and was told they had run a batch through twice. They told me to wait five days and it should be resolved. Five days later - nothing. I called again and was forwarded to voicemail. I left a message requesting a return call. Nothing happened. After waiting a couple of days more, I called my credit card company and protested the charge.
If you plan on staying at the Plaza, make sure you double check your credit card statements. The do not let you know when they make an error. They do not follow through on their word to correct the error they should have already taken care of and they don't return calls after that.
After this experience, I don't see anyone in my family staying at the Plaza again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Fremont Street Experience side in the North Tower. It is very loud when bands are...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I chose the Plaza hotel after reading extensively on Tripadvisor. I needed and wanted to split my trip up with a stay downtown and a stay on the strip - see my review of the Aria hotel for my strip stay review. Splitting up your stay is the way to go - you can see both parts of Las Vegas that way.

The Plaza was my budget choice and I could not be happier - the value for what you get is excellent. The rooms are renovated nicely and the beds decently comfortable. There was an issue with the train noise at night and Fremont on the other side, so you basically will have some noise no matter where you are in this hotel if you are a light sleeper like me.

The casino is smoky of course, but they all are, so no real big beef there. The food selections in the hotel and nearby were great and decently priced. Didn't use any of the amenities, but the location was perfect - if you are looking to stay downtown and need a solid decently priced hotel, this is the one for you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and for staying at the Plaza. What a great idea splitting your trip between downtown and the strip. There is so much to do and see in both locations. We are delighted to see that you had a positive stay and hope to see you back here really soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Been to Vegas often and try and avoid the huge and overpriced strip hotels so I opted for the PLAZA downtown, excellent room rate, the resort fee is a rip off but that seems to be standard. Room was clean and simple, bathroom small but adequate, plentiful food locations and nice bar staff. No real complaints and money well spent.

Room Tip: get a room far from Freemont street due to noise
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Rooms are big but bare. My shower in the south tower backed up. Good food choices both in the restaurants and the food court. Has a nice little cafe to get coffee.

The sports book could use a cocktail waitress and we would have appreciated more drink tickets for the amount of wagering we were doing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Plaza Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!