“BEWARE use of casino provided matchplay coupons” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Hotel & Casino

You added Plaza Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Plaza Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Main Street, (previously known as the Union Plaza), Las Vegas, NV 89101   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #136 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Euless, Texas
“BEWARE use of casino provided matchplay coupons”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Upon check in, the hotel provides each guest with a coupon book. There are two match play coupons inside, one for blackjack and one for craps/roulette. It is presumed they want you play them since they are provided. Well................................if you do, DO NOT use any other sort of coupon in addition.

I had a single coupon (one!) matchplay coupon from American Casino Guide that I used at the same time as the ones provided from the room check-in coupon book. I played two rounds of roulette and one hand of blackjack and the PLAZA WON all THREE! They got my money, I didn't take a dime from them.

Anyway, an Asian pit boss (I wish I had gotten his name, this happened Thursday, Feb 21 about 7:30 AM), came running over and started chewing my azz out and berating me for using multiple coupons. (2 of 3 were provided by the casino remember). The other dealers turned and looked at him while he was chewing me out.

My buddy that was with me was shocked. And vowed right there on the spot to NEVER spend another dime at the Plaza. I am inclined to agree with him. It was truly humiliating.

Look at my past reviews. I have given good reviews to this hotel in the past. Although most of my play comes from the sister property Las Vegas Club, I have stayed at the Plaza complimentary for three trips in a row so I must be a decent customer to them.

Well, no more. This may explain why the other casinos on Fremont St. and the Boyd casinos (Cal and Main Street Station) are bustling while the Plaza is an empty cavern.

Has no one ever used a coupon here from Las Vegas Advisor or American Casino guide as well as the ones provided by the hotel? I guess not. Thank God I didn't try and use the additional $10 match play coupon from the Las Vegas Advisor.

What would have happened if I had won on any of the three measly coupons I used? I shudder to think. Anyway, good luck to those who want to use the coupons provided. I will use my future complimentary nights at the Boyd hotels downtown where the folks treat you right.

Otherwise, the hotel was OK but the customer experience sucked by being humiliated in front of a half dozen non-working dealers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
PlazaBest, Manager at Plaza Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hey there,
We are very sorry to hear that this was your experience at the Plaza Hotel and Casino. Having the inability to use coupons that you received is frustrating and we will look into this immediately. If you'd like to share more details of your experience with us, please email us at Plaza.Marketing@playlv.com
Plaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Polish first
Cherokee, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is my fourth time staying at the Plaza in the last two years. I have no complaints about the condition and accomations of the actual rooms. They are very modern, roomy and comfortable. The beds and pilllows are excellent and the shower is excellent. My room was very close to the elevators in the North Tower and these elevators are extremely noisey and coulod easily be heard from my room.. Other than that I have no complaints as to my room. My only complaint has to deal with the fitness center. FITNESS CENTER???? What a joke. I was at the Plaza in October of 2012 and I comented on the condition of the Fitness Center back them (see my review). There are seven pieces of cardio machines in the fitness center (three elipticals very ancient and old, one treadmill, one exercise bike and 2 steppers (one stairmaster and one older off brand. When I was there in Ocotber, the stairmaster stepper was broken and did not work, two of the elipticles did not work and the treadmill belt slipped so bad it was unsafe to use. When I arrived on February 18th at the Plaza I went right away and was excited to use the fitness center. Holy crap what an absolute PIT. I will guarentee you that the place had not been cleaned in over a week. There were used towels EVERYWHERE as well as used plastic glasses all over the floor. It was discusting. Then I went to use the machines and nothing had changed since i was there in Ocotber of 2012. Only one elipticle worked, (barely) the treadmill had an OUT OF ORDER sign on it, the starmaster was still broken as was the bike. The Plaza had not done anything to fix or repair these machines in over 5 months which is totally uncalled for and unacceptable. How can they charge 15.00 a night for a resort fee and advertise that part of the fee is for the fitness center? I know for a fact that when I go back to Vegas again I will not stay here again unless they make some improvements in their equipment. I would like to know from The Plaza's management team why they cannot spend 10,000 to 15,000 and get some new equipment and have and actual FITNESS CENTER.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Pool not open, yet included in resort fee as well as coupon book. Why pay for a coupon book? Broken, propped up table. Thin blanket, bathroom fan didn't work, and large burn mark on dresser.and Saff nor Hotwire offer any type of compensation. Totally disgusted with entire experience.

• Stayed February 2013
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed 2/15-17 and it was disappointed.

**I've noticed hotels give less than average rooms to guests when rooms are booked via travel site: hotels.com, expedia.com, bookit.com etc....(I travel for pleasure 3-6 times per year) and that what I got.

Room 605 North tower:
1. Large red stain 12" by 7" at foot of bed
2. Black streaks on dresser (also chipped on corner)
3. Carpet unraveling in several spots, worst are being directly outside closet/bathroom
4. Hole in bathroom door and smut on bottom of door visible with naked eye
5. Very long hairs in shower when i move curtain prior to showering
6. Turn on shower - a whale sounds & rattling pipe sound emitted from the wall during duration of shower
7. Bathroom sink must keep in cold position because beyond more than 2 inches to the left and water is scolding.
8. King bed was foam, I sat on edge and hit hard surface
9. Check in the line of 20-30 people waiting and 2 clerks
10. Resort fee is a joke wifi is in lobby only and mini bottles of water ????

Side note: Hass House A Go Go, its a 45 minutes to an hour wait for bacon and eggs but order fired chicken out in 5 minutes. Weird!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
PlazaBest, General Manager at Plaza Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Plaza Hotel and Casino. We appreciate your detailed description of the issues that you saw in your room. We have passed along this information to the appropriate parties who can help remedy. If you could please send us an email with your contact information to Plaza.Marketing@PlayLV.com, we would really appreciate it.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Plaza Hotel when flying into and out of Las Vegas. I have stayed here many times in the past, but will never stay here again. Upon checking out, I noticed that there was an $11.33 fee charged to my credit card. I was told this was for the "complimentary bottles of water in my room and the coupon book that I was given". I don't know about you, but when something is complimentary, I shouldn't be charged any fees. I like the rooms, they are classy for the Freemont area, but when business treat their guests like this, I can no longer support them. I will be staying elsewhere in the future and I urge you to as well!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PlazaBest, Manager at Plaza Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Plaza Hotel and Casino. We understand your frustration upon seeing an additional charge that you were unaware of, however, our resort fee was implemented in June of 2012 and is clearly listed on our website, as well as listed upon booking your reservation. For your reference, here is the link: http://www.plazahotelcasino.com/hotel/hotel_services
If you have any further questions regarding the resort fee, please feel free to send us a message on Facebook.
North Salt Lake, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I don't recommend this hotel to anyone else you are not sleeping at this hotel. if you are there just to store your luggage and party all night on the strip then stay at this hotel. The check In took about 15 mins in line to wait for service. we stayed Friday and Saturday night in Vegas and there is a live band across the street that plays from 10PM -2AM. I would have like to get some sleep before 2am. if you ask the hotel staff to change your room, they will not and just say "well its Friday night , what do you aspect". I didn't see anywhere in the services that we are 15 mins from the strip and we have to have ridiculously loud band playing out of window almost all night. Also there is a resort fee they charge you for $10 a day they don't inform you about until you get there. There is no blanket on the bed and only few pillows so if you want them you need to ask the front desk. they will put you on hold for about 10 mins until they are ready. The hotel pictures are mostly really nice pictures on the website but don't expect this once you get to your room. We went in February, there is no hot tub and a freezing pool so be warned.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are more quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Plaza Hotel and Casino. We are disappointed to hear about your experience with our front desk. Unfortunately, the resort fee is listed on the website as well as identified within the cost before you book your reservation. We would like to learn more about the rest of your experience at the Plaza, if you could please email us at Plaza.Marketing@Playlv.com, we would really appreciate it.
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at The Plaza, nice view of the strip from the 17th floor, good gaming and right across the street from Fremont Street Experience. The bathroom was very tiny, but the rest of the room was fantastic ! Flat Screen, nice decor, and a refrigerator just a request away.

Would stay here again.

Hash a Go Go serves a great breakfast also !

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view, they will try to accommodate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Plaza Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!