“Great visit.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Excalibur Hotel & Casino

You added Excalibur Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Excalibur Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3850 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109-4300 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best Rate Guaranteed!
Ranked #94 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a girls' weekend at the Excalibur and we had a great time. Friendly valet, front desk, and luggage guy. The valet could have used some more workers as it was pretty slow. The hotel was close to the Mandalay Bay which is where we saw a concert Friday and New York New York which is where we saw a show on Sunday. The shower had great pressure and the beds were super comfortable. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed July 2013
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Excalibur Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hi Charity C!

We appreciate you sharing your review with us. We are thrilled that you found our beds comfortable and our staff friendly! Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

guestrelations@excalibur.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,123)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wahiawa, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

At the casinos in Vegas, they normally try to feed you drinks to keep you drinking and gambling; however, Ex's service was incredibly slow. I sat at a machine for 45 minutes before they came around. After I placed my order, it took another 15 minutes for them to fill it. If you want to have an hour between drinks, this is the place for you. However, if you're looking for a good time where the liquor flows like the Niagara Falls, go to New York, New York just across the street.

Also, my room had an amazing view of cinder blocks ten feet away.

I booked a room here because it was cheaper than others around, but at check-in time, they slapped me with the $15 a night resort fee. It was probably my recklessness, but ensure you don't have to pay that. There are plenty of casinos off-strip that will be cheaper, as close, and not charge you that fee.

Overall, don't stay here unless you like surprise fees and terrible service.

Green Features: Very American with their "Towel on the rack" thought...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hello jeffende,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your stay fell below your expectations. It is concerning to hear about your experience with the casino beverage service and we have passed your comments on to our management. We would like the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail. If you could send any additional details and your preferred contact information to guestrelations@excalibur.com we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

San Diego, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I actually made the reservation for a sunday night on friday. The price was AWESOME, only $54. There was an issue though they lost my reservation. I know I know that would have deducted a star if the awesome lady at the front desk hadn't upgraded our room. My hubby an I were gonna stay at the bellagio the next couple nights so we only needed it for one night. The clerk also had our check for 12 instead of 11. I had a better time with the service there than at the bellagio.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cranford,NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have never wrote a bad review on any of my vacations, but I just got back from the Excalibur today and never felt so disappointed. I guess you get what you pay for, but I had stayed there in the past and felt that it was the same. Lets start with having to pay an extra twenty dollars because I arrived early. The room was ready and I still had to pay. I had booked four rooms for the family and was asking to have only one room early and was told that it was the hotels policy. Before I even checked into the hotel I was met with time share employees trying to give me free tickets. I was approached by these people every time I entered and left the room an average of at least fifteen times a day. After six days of them asking me it got a little old. I was there to have a good time not buy a unit. The time share employees were at every exit so no matter where you went they approached you. The hotel is a little dated to say the least. Old carpets, out of order elevators,noisy air units in the room. The air units were so bad that you could not sleep the entire nite. They also did not seem to operate on the thermostat and just went on and off at irregular periods. Now for the pool. There was a strong thunder storm which sent chairs and umbrellas into the main mushroom pool. It was out of service for three days. So much for trying to put an entire hotel into a small adult, semi small combo and slide pool in 107 degree weather. I asked about having access to any of the other MGM hotels since they are all one company but was told that they may be able to give access to one of the Luxor pools, but that was after complaining. I looked at most of the hotels on the strip during the stay and you could tell there was a definite difference. Even my wife who never complains felt the same. Don't get taken in by the low prices. You need to include the taxes and 15.00 a day fee, so shop wisely before you book. Sorry about being so negative about this place but I really mid not see any positive aspects to it.

Room Tip: Tower two is the newest
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello deanRuss,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations. It is concerning to hear about some of your experiences and we have forwarded your comments on to our management team. We would love the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail and welcome you to contact us at guestrelations@excalibur.com. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed one night with kids. The room was fine but we couldn't get over the stink in the hallways. The hotel is huge and walking our luggage around was painful. You get what you pay for I guess. It was fine for a overnight car trip stop, but I wouldn't stay much longer. The food court is nice and convenient (in the building)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi John S,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to see that you enjoyed our food court and found it convenient during your stay! We apologize that some areas of your experience fell short of your expectations. We value all guest comments and invite you to contact us at guestrelations@excalibur.com if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Spring Valley, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

i have several other locations in vegas that give us three nights free for staying at there properties. If your property gives my family several nights free in the future you can be sure that we will surely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel was a good pick for four college (low income) women. The room was good and clean. It served its purpose. The hotel area was a little outdated, and maybe a little grungy in areas, but a very good value. We usually went elsewhere (other hotels) for dinner and drinks.

Green Features: I wasn't aware of the hotel's environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hi franz131,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to see you enjoyed our rooms. We appreciate all guest feedback and welcome you to contact us at guestrelations@excalibur.com if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you!

guestrelations@excalibur.com

Been to Excalibur Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!