Pretty good price I booked via hotels.com. We got a rate of 97.00 for three nights. This did not include the 15.00 per day resort fee. I did know this in advance even though it was small and in the fine print. so about 50 bucks a night total. The resort fee is ridiculous in my opinion, but it seems most Vegas hotels do this so I can't hold this against the Excalibur. I arrived about 1130, checkin is not until 3pm so I asked to check in early. Of course you can for a 20 dollar fee. Otherwise they can pre check you in and call you when the room is ready at 3ish. I paid the 20, I was tired after a long day of travelling. I think this policy is lousy. Obviously they have rooms ready so just another way to get you for a few more bucks.
My room was in tower I. Try for tower II if you plan on using the pool a lot otherwise be prepared to trek across t he casino everytime you want to swim. Also request a room close to the elevator the hallways are superlong and it feels like you're walking for miles to get to your room.
The hotel is kinda dumpy, it looked clean enough, Just really dated and out of style, I spilled soda on my bed the first night and it stained the fitted sheet, they never changed it. Don't know if that's policy or the maid just didn't care.
The pool was pretty decent. A little dirty though, the areas around the chairs had trash all around. I don't think they have anyone pick up at all during the day. Also some areas of the pool look like they have a dirty soap scum looking ring around the edge. My son did love the water slide, it's small but kids seem to love it.
The location is ok, you're towards the end of the strip. About 10 minutes to the New York, New York, and 20 to the MGM where you can pick up the monorail.
Another thing I didn't like at the Excalibur was the amount of employees always trying to stop you and give you brocures/sell you something. Kind of overkill.
The hotel has an arcade for children that was pretty decent.
Would I stay here again? Probably not, my only draw would be the pool and most hotels have a decent pool. The casino is small which for me was good since you could get around the hotel pretty quickly.
My final comment, I was told when I booked the hotel you get a 20 dollar food voucher which I had planned on using at the buffet, However it' only good on the pricier restaurants, Kind of misleading.
- Also Known As:
- Excalibur Hotel And Casino
- Excalibur Hotel Las Vegas
- Excalibur Las Vegas
- Excalibur Hotel
- Excalibur Hotel Casino
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camelot-inspired Hotel with 4 towers & storybook-style "castle" gates, multicolored spires & a modified medieval theme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, MGM Resorts, Amex, Travelocity, PointsHound, Olotels, BookIt.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Excalibur Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.