I have stayed at the Excalibur many times and have always felt it was a decent value for the price paid. However, I find it quite insulting that this hotel actually states that their resort fee is for my "convenience". How is it convenient for me to have to pay an additional $15 plus tax/per night for services I did not use or request. The Excalibur should just call their resort fee what it is - a fee that we can, will, and do charge - period. Make sure you know what you are supposed to receive as part of this "convenient" fee, apparently, the benefits change (shrink) regularly. When we booked our reservation, the resort fee included 2 free drinks per stay. However, upon check in we were told that the resort fee no longer included this benefit. I had to speak to a manager and produce a copy of our reservation which stated the resort fee inclusives in order to get our drink coupons.
The check-in desk was very accomodating. I was travelling with an elderly parent and requested that our rooms be adjoined or next to each other and non-smoking. It took a few minutes, but they were able to find us exactly what we needed.
The promotion at the time of our booking included a $20 dining/beverage credit. In reality, this is not a credit at all but a one-time use coupon - you must use the entire amount all at once. This is fine if you dine at one of the ridiculously expensive restaurants, but if you want to use it at one of the bars for a single drink, juice, coffee, or soda you will lose the remainder of the "credit", thereby making it a coupon, not a credit.
This trip we stayed in Tower 1. The room was average size and very clean. The king bed was comfortable, pillows are very soft. My only complaint was that the air conditioner was loud. I slept with ear plugs in and could still hear it.
The location is great if you rent a car - it is easy in and out of the parking lots without getting stuck in The Strip traffic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camelot-inspired Hotel with 4 towers & storybook-style "castle" gates, multicolored spires & a modified medieval theme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, MGM Domestic, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Agoda, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Excalibur Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excalibur Hotel And Casino
- Excalibur Hotel Las Vegas
- Excalibur Hotel Casino