“Decent, but insulting, hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Excalibur Hotel & Casino

You added Excalibur Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Excalibur Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3850 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109-4300 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best Rate Guaranteed!
Ranked #96 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Petersburg, Michigan
“Decent, but insulting, hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Excalibur many times and have always felt it was a decent value for the price paid. However, I find it quite insulting that this hotel actually states that their resort fee is for my "convenience". How is it convenient for me to have to pay an additional $15 plus tax/per night for services I did not use or request. The Excalibur should just call their resort fee what it is - a fee that we can, will, and do charge - period. Make sure you know what you are supposed to receive as part of this "convenient" fee, apparently, the benefits change (shrink) regularly. When we booked our reservation, the resort fee included 2 free drinks per stay. However, upon check in we were told that the resort fee no longer included this benefit. I had to speak to a manager and produce a copy of our reservation which stated the resort fee inclusives in order to get our drink coupons.

The check-in desk was very accomodating. I was travelling with an elderly parent and requested that our rooms be adjoined or next to each other and non-smoking. It took a few minutes, but they were able to find us exactly what we needed.

The promotion at the time of our booking included a $20 dining/beverage credit. In reality, this is not a credit at all but a one-time use coupon - you must use the entire amount all at once. This is fine if you dine at one of the ridiculously expensive restaurants, but if you want to use it at one of the bars for a single drink, juice, coffee, or soda you will lose the remainder of the "credit", thereby making it a coupon, not a credit.

This trip we stayed in Tower 1. The room was average size and very clean. The king bed was comfortable, pillows are very soft. My only complaint was that the air conditioner was loud. I slept with ear plugs in and could still hear it.

The location is great if you rent a car - it is easy in and out of the parking lots without getting stuck in The Strip traffic.

Room Tip: Tower 1 has been recently renovated and is very clean. Ask for a room in a quiet area - not near ic...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Excalibur_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Excalibur Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hi corcam02,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us during your stay. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. We apologize that some of your experience fell below your expectations. We value all feedback from our guests and invite you to contact us at guestrelations@excalibur.com if you would like to discuss your experience in more detail. Again, we appreciate the comments and look forward to hearing from you!

Guestrelations@excalibur.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,048)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maryville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Hotel is situated towards the Southern end of the strip so there is usually a walk or bus ride to get to the majority of the shows, restaurant's, bars etc.(24 hour bus passes are available)
The whole place just seemed a little tired and in need of a good makeover to me. The breakfast buffet was also a little disappointing, I visited it twice and on both occasions the food seemed as if it had been sat out for a very long time.
That being said the price was reasonable and the location didn't hinder our plans at all.
If you're on a budget then I expect you could do far worse than stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Robstown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I have stayed there for at least 7 times. We like the casino my husband has his favorite craps table, and for myself I have my favorite slot machines. The rooms are decent and very clean. That is our yearly vacation for just ourselves. We don't have children, but I would recommended to a family because they have an area for children to play and a show for the whole family. We will continue staying there and highly recommend the Excalibur.

Room Tip: We have stayed in different areas, we don't have a preference as long that it is non smoking. T...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

When I travel to Vegas, I usually stay at 4 star hotels... Mainly TI, Mirage, or Bellagio. I stayed at almost all hotels in Vegas, most have been good. But when I went to treat my mom to mini trip to Vegas, she really wanted to stay at the excalibur, so I agreed. First of all, room was old and smelled bad. The furniture was broken, lights in the bathroom didn't work. Besides that, almost every person I encountered that worked here was rude and unprofessional. Yes, the room was cheap, I think around $40 a night, but come on, it's Vegas! Some updating is in order. I will never stay here again, even for $20 a night!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello randajam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that your stay did not meet standards. It is disheartening to hear that you would not want to stay with us again. If you could please contact us at guestrelations@excalibur.com we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you!

Los Angeles, California, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hi, we was in Vegas from July 5th to 7th....THE ROON NUMBER WAS 27172...Last name is...

We call there for reservation for 5th, and Representative promise us, YOU GUYS WILL GIVE US GREAT ROOM, WITH VIEW , because on JULY 6TH was MY Birthday ...Representative PROMISE to us, she will PUT SOME NOTE ABOUT MY BIRTHDAY so when we start check in, you guys will give us great service...
Im sorry, but this is all lie to us....
Me my wife and 2 kids, we drive 6 hours with traffic from Los Angeles, and when we start CHECK IN, your worker was non smily, non happy, ugly talking, and i state << THIS VISIT FOR MY BDAY, AND YOU GUYS PROMISE ME FOR GREAT ROOM>>...
She said, sorry we are full, we cant give you good rooms, this is all we got...
NO, she lie to us, because i met with some family from same 27 floor, they said, they got VIEW ROOM AND Perfect room BECAUSE HER BIRTHDAY AND CHECK IN TIME, SOME OTHER WORKER CHANGED STANDARD ROOM TO GREAT ROOM FREE...
The room AC was bad, the room Restroom was OLLD STYLE and even no FAN....
My kids wanted go back home the 1st hour we came in, because they say this is not service from this hotel, and this is ugly room...
I will not recommend my friends and around people of me about your Hotel, because you guys LIE to us..You guys promise us every thing for my Birthday and after we drive 6 hours, we didn't get any thing....
Please remove my name from your list, and i will put very bad Review ....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Excalibur_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Excalibur Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hello Hayk M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that your stay fell below your expectations. We would appreciate discussing your experience in further detail and welcome you to contact us at guestrelations@excalibur.com. We appreciate the comments and look forward to hearing from you!

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed from July 4 thru July 7th. Really great location fun bars and bands . The food was good also.There was a DJ poolside.we had show tickets for Thunder from down Under very good show.The Casino was clean very nice people that worked there they accommodated you with every whim . The rooms were very clean air conditioned it was 116 degrees while we were there.

• Stayed July 2013
Hi Kari H!

Thank you for the comments on your recent stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Salt Lake City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel room was disgusting!! Their was a dirty tissue in the dresser, blood stain on the floor, stained sheets, room wasn't vacuumed. Went for Fourth of July and the hotel staff even gave the wrong time for the fireworks and they had stacks of flyers they made with the wrong time as well. I didn't get to see one firework due to being given false information. When I brought all this to hotel managements attention, they didn't care. I will never stay here ever again!! This hotel is absolutely disgusting!! Circus Circus has better rooms then the Excalibur and is cheaper.

• Stayed July 2013
Hi Twiztidchick,

Thank you for the comments on your recent stay. We apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations. It is very concerning to hear some of the issues mentioned and would value the opportunity to discuss in more detail. If you could please contact us at guestrelations@excalibur.com we would greatly appreciate it. Again, thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Guestrelations@excalibur.com

Been to Excalibur Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!