“Beautiful suites, great value for $ and fabulous location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful suites, great value for $ and fabulous location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed at the Mirage (being our first time in Vegas) as I had heard that it was in a great location and was really good value for $ and we were not disappointed. It was right in the middle of things and found our suite to be amazing! Huge 1 bm tower suite, marble floors, huge lounge/living, massive comfy bed, wet bar with separate fridge (which i have heard is a rareity in Vegas), powder room, huge bathroom and walk in robe.

We had a high floor with a view of the strip, and generally found staff to be very pleasant and warm. I did ask 3 times for the mini bar to be refilled as it hadnt been filled from the previous occupant, and it never did get replaced but as we didnt intend on using, it wasnt a big deal.

I had heard from people on trip advisor that it could be a little noisy, and for 2 out of our 5 nights we did have issues with people having parties but nothing that a pair of ear plugs couldnt fix.

The pool was great, very laid back and not pretentious at all, try a $20 strawberry daquiri which will knock your socks off, but you can groove to the cool tunes that play all day. Mixture of people so all will feel comortable.

The casino itself is a little dated, perhaps they will renovate this next - but still nice. Fishtank behind reception is pretty awesome. It seemed that it was luck of the draw with the front desk staff, as some were nice and some icy.

We did consider going to Jet, but then saw that the line went for about 2 miles and decided against a three hour wait to join all the teeny boppers inside. We visited the Beatles Revolution Lounge for a few drinks and were just as happy hanging there by the bar.

We had dinner at the restaurant Stack, which was really good food, and they stay open late which is a bonus. Not that cheap but well worth a look. We only ordered room service breakfast one day and it was prompt good service with massive portions.

We tried to get free WIFI but that wasnt to be for technical reasons, then we went to the business centre to ask them if we could use a computer and they said it would be $10 for 15 mins and gave us a helpdesk number to call re our WIFI issues. Not the greatest of service there, but wasnt a huge deal.

In terms of price and value for money, this place rocks - suites are truly lovely, and if you dont require class and elegance in your actual casino then its a goer. Location is awesome as you have everything just at your fingertips and there is always a cab or a bus near. If you want something more showy you should probably look at the Bellagio or Venetian but I would definetely stay here again. A wonderful piece of luxury on a poor mans budget.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,063)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Delighted that we chose the Mirage to stay in for our week in Vegas. Check in was friendly and efficient and we were more than happy with our room (23rd floor). The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in, the bathroom was clean with towels changed daily, and the view was amazing (especially by night - WOW!).

Lovely pool area, with towels provided. Expensive drinks at the pool bar, though!

Rhumbar is a great place to have a frozen cocktail on a hot and sunny afternoon and California pizza kitchen is yummy :-)

The Mirage is in a brilliant location and is a great base from which to explore the madness that is the strip!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

When we checked in we were informed that we got a free upgrade to a suite for some reason. I guess the hotel was booked up. The suite was amazing. Bigger than my apartment in LA and gorgeous! In fact, everything about our stay was wonderful... very clean, great location, and good service. (The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was Jet nightclub, but that's a whole other review). This was my first time in Las Vegas and the Mirage was a perfect little oasis to get away from the crazy strip. The pool was beautiful, too. I will stay again. Thanks Mirage!

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

What else can i say about this place that hasn't already been said? A top class hotel in a very crazy city!! The lobby area is massive and quite manic pretty much all day and especially at night. There are many restaurants and things to do around the hotel. The room was great and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We only had 3 nights here and i think it's fair to say that was enough for us!! Vegas is great but exhausing!! We spent a day visiting the grand canyon which was amazing and i can't recommend it enough!

WINNIPEG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I had an unfortunate experience with Mario at the Box office at the Mirage. I tried to purchase tickets to see LOVE by Cirque du Soleil. He told me my credit card was not going through due to a system problem. When I suggested that he charge my tickets to my room, he said NO the system wouldn't work for that. He was charging me $300.00 for two tickets. He said to come back before the show that night to pick up my tickets. He was rude and not cooperative. He clearly did not know the meaning of the word "customer service". I walked away confused and disappointed. Later in the day I went back to purchase my tickets, but I took my husband with me. This time a lovely lady looked after us and the system seemed to be working just fine. And, the kicker? These same two tickets were only $150.00. HALF PRICE. Go figure. So, come to your own conclusion..but I sure was not happy with Mario. Was he trying to rip me off ? Who knows. Best advice...stay clear of Mario. The show was awesome by the way.

Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Stayed for 5 nights and loved every minute of it. The rooms were large and spacious, the hotel is in the middle of the strip and the food and drinks were fantastic.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

I stayed at the Mirage with my boyfriend for 3 nights in Sept and it was lovely. We stayed in the Tower deluxe room. I was promised a view but when we checked in was told a room with a view wouldn't be available until the following night. Not too bad we called next day and sure enough were moved into a new room. The room was immaculate and the view was out of this world. The bed was sooo comfy best sleep I had in months. It was so peaceful and quiet. The staff was helpful and friendly. The only thing I would say is I thought the price was a little high. True enough the view was incredible but you could pay maybe $100-$200 more and stay at the Pallazo or Venetian and get a suite. All in all I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mirage Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!