We booked to stay at The Mirage almost a year before our trip. There was 4 of us in total 2 guys, 2 gals all aged between 24-26. I had emailed about 8 weeks before our trip to request rooms on the same floor, unfortunately when we arrived (after a 3hr delay!) we were told there were no rooms available on the same floor that day, but that we could switch over the following day. We were grateful for the option and the following day we changed to a room 4 doors down with no issue. Both rooms were absolutely fine, we were on the south strip (floor 7 & 15) and had great views both times of the strip and the mountains.
We tried out a couple of the restaurants in the hotel:
BLT Burger - good food, good service. Milkshakes are AMAZING so make sure you try these!
Cravings Buffet - we went for breakfast, there is so much choice its crazy. It was about $21 (inc tax) each and well worth it. There is also the option to take out breakfast as well which looked pretty good.
The Paradise Cafe - this was pool side, we had some breakfast here one morning. No complaints, food and service was great, they forgot to put my order through and offered me complimentary fruit whilst I waited - but it arrived soon after.
We went to 1oak on the Friday as Scott Disick was there, it was really crowded and felt over packed, but it was a good club, just very expensive for drinks, luckily as we were staying there we got in for free.
I was expecting the casino to be more smokey after reading other reviews, but didn't feel it was an issue! I wasn't lucky enough to have any big wins, but it was great to be near a craps table or roulette table when there was big wins happening!
We caught the volcano show once, it was good - nothing spectacular, but a great free show! Also managed to chill by the pool a couple of mornings, for me a pool is a pool, but the waterfalls and palm trees were nice to relax around. Plenty of sun loungers and staff to supply drinks if needed!
Only negative comment is the room tax, we were told at check in that due to the fact there wasn't 2 rooms available on the same floor, we didn't need to worry. However, upon check out we were asked for over $200 in room tax! Which we swiftly said we were told this was waived. Milly was great & called through to her manager who agreed to waive this - just be careful as if weren't going on to another location we wouldn't have had the money to pay it, so not sure how that would have gone down!
Overall, we had a great week at the mirage and would return if we had the chance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the exotic - a world tantalizing to the imagination and the senses. The rooms are enticingly transformed. The villas and lanais are exclusive and private. The AAA Four Diamond service is excellent. Dining is sumptuous. The nightlife, dazzling. Experience the Grammy® Award-winning Cirque du Soleil® production of The Beatles™ LOVE™ and laugh with Terry Fator and His Cast of Thousands. Discover our Secret Garden and royal white tigers. Enter our Dolphin Habitat to meet Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Feel the night heat up as you move between thrilling hot spots. Our enviable center-Strip location makes us an ideal spot to stay and play. The first. The best. The undisputed hottest rooms on the Strip. The Mirage. Vegas Starts Here™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Domestic, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Vegas.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Mirage Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- The Mirage Hotel And Casino
- Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Hotel Las Mirage Vegas