I had the extreme pleasure of spending 7 nights at the amazing Mirage hotel from June 26-July 3rd, 2014. I am a professional female, Canadian, 29 and engaged and traveled with my single 34yr old girlfriend. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone;)
Front foyer is grand and gorgeous, clean with fancy tile floors, and you immediately feel like you are in a tropical paradise- there is a gorgeous bridge just inside the hotel with waterfalls, palm trees, gorgeous flowers, the sound of the water bringing calm.
Casino is nicely updated, the floors/tile/carpeting was nice, clean, the colours a modern and neutral palette that appealed very much to me. There wasn't much smoking but it was allowed (smoking really bothers me so this was great), casino was relatively busy but not crazy, it was big enough but not too big- was not a chore to walk through at all.
Our room was absolutely gorgeous, modern and and updated, #21048, 21st floor, with a Volcano, Linq High-Roller view;) Loved the decor- black leather headboards, modern silver/white lamps, lots of black with classy not cheesy gold details. It was also right by the ice machine and the elevator- HUGE pros. One con, a bit of elevator noise in the morning from people who woke up before us, but it's good to remind you the day has started!! If you're not early-to-bed, it's a HUGE advantage to be able to pop up to the room quickly, which we did lots of! Our 2 queen beds were EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE with LUXURIOUSLY SOFT LINENS and pillows- I had 3 different kinds of pillows so I could select the one that worked for me;)
Free WiFi in the entire hotel complex was AMAZING. Bathroom was shiny modern and very nice, big enough. One con was that it has not been deep-cleaned- I could see dirt build-up in some of the corners and the tub/shower wasn't perfectly clean, I have very high standards of cleanliness and it didn't bother me enough that I even told anyone in the hotel.
Another MAJOR PRO- the elevators in the hotel are separated so that each elevator area only services a certain number of floors- WAIT-TIMES were always very SHORT!
The Pool at the Mirage was a huge, classy, clean and well-maintained TROPICAL PARADISE, with plenty of very comfortable loungers for all hotel guests facing every possible which way for varied sun exposure, gorgeous waterfalls and lots of palm trees, which created LOTS OF SHADE for those guests who can't handle or aren't interested in being directly in the sun (my girlfriend), and cute little nooks and crannies to get a little bit more privacy although ti was pretty busy, and also LOTS OF SUN for me!! We would often pick spots near but not beside each other to accommodate this. The pool itself was large, with different branches and a central area, and a cool spot where you could swim/ stand under the waterfall and feel the cool water fall upon your head, and this part of the pool was cooler, which was very refreshing! We liked that they checked room keys at the door for security, but that the staff were not invasive and checking bags or anything- I brought a sandwich from the deli with me and a drink I had mixed in my room earlier and this was no problem. There were complimentary water stations everywhere at the pool which was AMAZING.
One improvement the hotel could make in terms of the pool would be to provide at least SOME movable sun umbrellas for regular guests- that way my girlfriend and I could have been beside each other with the umbrella positioned over her- shade from palm trees is great but you cannot customize!!
Security: at night there were Security Guards at the entrance of all the guest elevator areas checking room keys- they were very nice and what a nice safety feature for guests!!
Another Pro: the hotel is large enough to provide variety and anonymity if you wanted, and to keep you occupied for a week, and to have lots of friendly people to meet, and meet we did, but It's nice that it was small enough that mobility was good, easy to get around, and it was possible to find someone again if you needed or wanted to (or if you got separated!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the exotic - a world tantalizing to the imagination and the senses. The rooms are enticingly transformed. The villas and lanais are exclusive and private. The AAA Four Diamond service is excellent. Dining is sumptuous. The nightlife, dazzling. Experience the Grammy® Award-winning Cirque du Soleil® production of The Beatles™ LOVE™ and laugh with Terry Fator and His Cast of Thousands. Discover our Secret Garden and royal white tigers. Enter our Dolphin Habitat to meet Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Feel the night heat up as you move between thrilling hot spots. Our enviable center-Strip location makes us an ideal spot to stay and play. The first. The best. The undisputed hottest rooms on the Strip. The Mirage. Vegas Starts Here™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, MGM Domestic, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Mirage Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- The Mirage Hotel And Casino
- Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Hotel Las Mirage Vegas