“Pick Mirage!!!! Excellent Experience Guaranteed!!” 5 of 5 stars

$50 Dining Credit
Ranked #22 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Whistler, Canada
“Pick Mirage!!!! Excellent Experience Guaranteed!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had the extreme pleasure of spending 7 nights at the amazing Mirage hotel from June 26-July 3rd, 2014. I am a professional female, Canadian, 29 and engaged and traveled with my single 34yr old girlfriend. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone;)

Front foyer is grand and gorgeous, clean with fancy tile floors, and you immediately feel like you are in a tropical paradise- there is a gorgeous bridge just inside the hotel with waterfalls, palm trees, gorgeous flowers, the sound of the water bringing calm.
Casino is nicely updated, the floors/tile/carpeting was nice, clean, the colours a modern and neutral palette that appealed very much to me. There wasn't much smoking but it was allowed (smoking really bothers me so this was great), casino was relatively busy but not crazy, it was big enough but not too big- was not a chore to walk through at all.

Our room was absolutely gorgeous, modern and and updated, #21048, 21st floor, with a Volcano, Linq High-Roller view;) Loved the decor- black leather headboards, modern silver/white lamps, lots of black with classy not cheesy gold details. It was also right by the ice machine and the elevator- HUGE pros. One con, a bit of elevator noise in the morning from people who woke up before us, but it's good to remind you the day has started!! If you're not early-to-bed, it's a HUGE advantage to be able to pop up to the room quickly, which we did lots of! Our 2 queen beds were EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE with LUXURIOUSLY SOFT LINENS and pillows- I had 3 different kinds of pillows so I could select the one that worked for me;)

Free WiFi in the entire hotel complex was AMAZING. Bathroom was shiny modern and very nice, big enough. One con was that it has not been deep-cleaned- I could see dirt build-up in some of the corners and the tub/shower wasn't perfectly clean, I have very high standards of cleanliness and it didn't bother me enough that I even told anyone in the hotel.
Another MAJOR PRO- the elevators in the hotel are separated so that each elevator area only services a certain number of floors- WAIT-TIMES were always very SHORT!

Pool:
The Pool at the Mirage was a huge, classy, clean and well-maintained TROPICAL PARADISE, with plenty of very comfortable loungers for all hotel guests facing every possible which way for varied sun exposure, gorgeous waterfalls and lots of palm trees, which created LOTS OF SHADE for those guests who can't handle or aren't interested in being directly in the sun (my girlfriend), and cute little nooks and crannies to get a little bit more privacy although ti was pretty busy, and also LOTS OF SUN for me!! We would often pick spots near but not beside each other to accommodate this. The pool itself was large, with different branches and a central area, and a cool spot where you could swim/ stand under the waterfall and feel the cool water fall upon your head, and this part of the pool was cooler, which was very refreshing! We liked that they checked room keys at the door for security, but that the staff were not invasive and checking bags or anything- I brought a sandwich from the deli with me and a drink I had mixed in my room earlier and this was no problem. There were complimentary water stations everywhere at the pool which was AMAZING.

One improvement the hotel could make in terms of the pool would be to provide at least SOME movable sun umbrellas for regular guests- that way my girlfriend and I could have been beside each other with the umbrella positioned over her- shade from palm trees is great but you cannot customize!!

Security: at night there were Security Guards at the entrance of all the guest elevator areas checking room keys- they were very nice and what a nice safety feature for guests!!

Another Pro: the hotel is large enough to provide variety and anonymity if you wanted, and to keep you occupied for a week, and to have lots of friendly people to meet, and meet we did, but It's nice that it was small enough that mobility was good, easy to get around, and it was possible to find someone again if you needed or wanted to (or if you got separated!)

Room Tip: Our room was absolutely gorgeous, #21048, 21st floor, with a Volcano, Linq High-Roller view;) It was...
Green Features: We liked that the hotel did not change our bed linens unless we requested.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I am thrilled you and your friend had such a fantastic time here at The Mirage! I am sorry about the bathroom cleanliness and lack of pool umbrellas though :(. While I am glad these issues did not ruin your visit, I wish your stay had been flawless! By the way...did you know those incredible beds can actually be purchased on our website?? You can always put them on your wedding registry! I just got married myself and still have brief lapses into wedding mode :). Please feel free to email TripAdvisor@mirage.com with any additional visit details you would like to share...or if you have questions about future visits...honeymoon maybe? We hope to see you again soon!

8,678 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We haven't stayed at Mirage in a while and decided to try something different this trip. We arrived late on a Thursday night and only had a couple of people in front of us at check in. We had arranged a Tower Suite prior to check in, and all was as planned when we arrived. Our suite was B11 (non-smoking) and was really nice, in a Vegas sorta way. The decor was mostly red, black and beige. It wasn't necessarily my taste, but it was nice. Everything was in working order and really there is nothing that we can complain about with the suite. Well, maybe I have one suggestion. Is there a way that you can have the pop up television stay in the "up" position when you turn it off? Perhaps I didn't push the correct button, but the noise of the television going down when you turn it off, wakes up a sleeping guest. (I always watch television before going to sleep, and wake up to turn it off, LOL.)

Mirage really will benefit from the new cafe that is scheduled to open in September. Other than the buffet, we found ourselves wandering the Strip looking for breakfast options, Carnegie Deli is open for breakfast, but really wasn't a place we wanted to go so early in the AM.

We went to the Oasis Pool one day and it really is a nice diversion for the day. The staff was top notch and very attentive.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay at Mirage. I really enjoy the casino and the staff is very eager to help and always pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I am glad you enjoyed the sweet life in that tower suite! I am also happy you are looking forward to the grand opening of The Pantry this fall. I personally cannot wait to have a wonderful breakfast restaurant on property. It will certainly be a welcome addition for our guests! Did you get to see any shows while you were here? I would LOVE to hear about them if you did! Or if you didn't I would love to hear more about your stay. Please do not hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com...I hope to hear from you soon!
Fredonia, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hey, it's 25 yrs. old, which makes it ancient in Vegas yrs. In its day, was one of the highlights of Sin City. This review is casino only as I can not rate hotel. Biggest downfall is the confusing layout. This design is purposeful to keep unsuspecting gamblers there as I have seen documented. Competent dealers and attentive cocktail service are good aspects, however. Slots, as in all over the city, have been tightened up. Many dining options but none this writer would recommend. Plenty of other attractions for avg. tourist, though. Used to be a must-see, not so much, nowadays. Used to visit every trip in the 90's, but not a must anymore. Valet parking has always been slow and hasn't improved over the years. Just a typical sign of a once great city which has been over-built. Result of corporate greed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
I am really sorry you had a poor experience in our casino. Did you just pass through our property, or did you also stay here? I would like to hear more about what we did wrong, and how we can improve, so please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com with more details of your brief visit. Once I hear from you I will reach out personally. I am really sad you left our property so disappointed, but I look forward to speaking with you.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

hi everybody its pt from chicago home of the stanley cup champions of 2013 i know the mirage parlors are beautiful la rangers and the black hawks what a treat to see them on those big beautiful screans ....welll met some nice people from canada they were staying at the wind then they came what adelight loved it . shout out to kimberly s best reservation supervisor mirage ever has. well did alot of shopping this time in mirage shop o my god sunglasses that make me look like a movie star dont waste your $ any were else . well my paradis in the dessert found a bar attached to our mirage called rumbar oh my god sit out there at night best drinks cigars huccas and the best dj you ever heard outside . my wise guy husband wanted to try the rio buffet so we went forget about no buffet better cleaner and best crab legs there cracked open for you dont have to use a bandad after eating them. ha ha so eat at the carving also my advice to anybody that wants to rent a car get it here at the mirage very convient then you can see other parts of the strip that are so much fun instead of being at the mercy of those ripoff cab drivers so anything you need to have a nice safe vacation stay at the mirage got to go see yous in june 2015 for my paradise in the #6

Room Tip: got news every single room is beautiful but i prefer the side that faces valcano it gets me in the m...
Green Features: let me tell you there are a lot of beautiful voigers in vegas but the mirage has somthing the others dont have tropical paradise as soon as you open the doors they didnt film chevy chase las vegas vacation and casino for nothing dont mind paying resort fee for my clean friendly hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
It sounds like you had a really fabulous time here on your 5th Vegas vacation! I am happy Kimberly was wonderful (I have forwarded her this review) and you found some fab sunglasses at one of our shops! What was your favorite part of your stay? You can email the answer to TripAdvisor@mirage.com :). I look forward to hearing from you and we can't wait to see you in 2015!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First time staying at the Mirage... good people and nice place; Stayed in room 19-1xx

BAD -- Only 2 things I could find fault:
1) Mirage had tiny "matchbox-size" bathroom, with tub-shower; Only 3 towels, 1 soap + 1 shampoo + 1 conditioner. We're just glad that we brought our own shampoo and soap.
2) WIFI was very spotty and stopped working. Had PC and Apple devices.

GOOD: Everything else was great.
1) Great front desk people and friendly customer service
2) The room was roomy, clean and a great view of the pool from the 19th floor.
3) Gambling area wasn't too smoky; Not cluttered with slot machines, like Bellagio or MGM.
4) Restaurants were great -- we tried Carnegie Deli's "Woody Allen" (aka: super-size pastrami)

Overall, we were very pleased with Mirage.

We may come back to Mirage and probably pay a little extra for a bigger room with a bigger bathroom. Hopefully, they will have their WIFI fixed by then.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and view of the strip or pool.
Green Features: There was nothing in the room or in the bathroom that indicated any ECO-practices. Maybe I missed it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am really sorry about our bathrooms and our poor internet service...please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com so I can apologize to you personally for these inconveniences. I AM relieved the rest of your visit was great and you enjoyed our fantastic staff, restaurants and gaming. I really hope to hear from you...and I promise to help make your next visit perfect!
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Clean room, excellent and friendly staff, great location on strip, and a great value! First time in Vegas celebrating my twin daughters upcoming 21st birthday and college graduation. Will definitely come back again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Happy birthday and congratulations to your daughters! Those two celebratory events are huge! Thank you for trusting us with such a special occasion and allowing us to deliver you a dream visit. Please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you would like to share more about this stay, or have questions about a future one. Perhaps for the big 22...or grad school graduation?
Waipahu, Hawaii, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

All the staff are very friendly, Food is excellent, atmosphere beautiful and TLC service is 100%. Try CPK and the Craving buffet!! Hotel is not to big, not to small and location in the strip is ideal to go anywhere.

Room Tip: Overall for the room is 100% quality.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am happy you were so well cared for during your visit! It is wonderful you enjoyed our beautiful atmosphere and friendly staff. Did you see any of our shows while you were here? I would LOVE to hear more about your visit, please do not hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Been to The Mirage Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!