“Great Location and comfortable beds” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
kimberley
“Great Location and comfortable beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Have stayed a number of hotels in LV but love the Mirage. The check in was quick and got high floor and view that I requested. Walk to elevators is good ( not like some hotels!) and I liked that they checked we had rooms keys at the elevators. Room spacious and great facilities. Very clean and had duel aspect room which was icing on the cake!

Easy to get up and down the strip. Lots of good value restaurants in the Mirage all were great value for money. Had superb pizza in California Pizza and excellent burger in BLT.

Only played slots but not too smoky and got served some very large rum and cokes whilst playing!

We splurged and went to the separate adult pool for $50 a day and it was well worth it as lack of umbrellas at the main pool. Great personal service at the private pool where they bring you round little treats all day and cooling drinks. Every two beds gets an umbrella. You also get floaters to sunbathe on whilst lying in the pool. Worth the upgrade if you can afford it! We went out and brought our lunch in with us!

Room Tip: In the front you get the noise of the volcano but we liked that. At the back it is more peaceful...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,783)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed 01/11-01/14. Really enjoyed everything mirage had to offer. Arrived at noon on Saturday to a line at check in. Lots of front desk clerks, so the line moved fairly quickly. I was given a room on the 20th floor. Nice clean room with a great view of the south strip. The casino had a very nice vibe and I enjoyed LOSING money there! lol The dealers and cocktail waitresses were all very friendly and helpful. Will stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

10 of us (5 couples) made the trip in June from Omaha. Several for the first time, my wife & I have been each year(twice when lucky) since the day she turned 21. We have stayed at many different resorts,seen many shows, eaten at wonderful restaurants and enjoyed most of the pools. Mirage tops each one of these lists!!! Room w/ strip view was AWESOME & clean, location is unbeatable, pool is a amazing, CPK is perfect and affordable whenever you are hungry(BLT Pizza) and what blew us all away was Beatles Love....WOW. Go see it (sit high up) and enjoy. We were a group ranging from low to mid 30's in age and we relaxed and partied at our own pace. My wife & I have stayed at the lower to the highest end resorts in Vegas and we were the most comfortable and pleased with our trip to Mirage! Even got my first tattoo at Mario Barth's..... expensive yes, worth it ???.... every time I get a compliment and tell them I got it at the Mirage in L.V. Thanks again Mirage we will see you in June.

Room Tip: Tell them you can check your bags in & wait for a strip view when available.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

very clean room , good service , excellent respond at the telephone request, very good location, and very good entreatments, mirage will be my first choice for all all my future visit to las vegas, also i will recommend mirage hotel to all of my friend and family

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Before coming to Las Vegas on our annual winter vacations we debated again and again where to stay. And forth time (third on a row) The Mirage Resort won the competition.

Perfectly located hotel has always been nice, friendly and top quality for us without spending extra to go fancy at Venetian, Wynn or Bellagio. We booked Resort Tower room, some extra, but private elevators for 24-25 floors only, bigger room and different bathroom.

What could we tell you? Room was perfect as usual, nice bedding (no back pain for all nights), gorgeous view, daily cleaning, etc. No complains at all.

We have tried three restaurants there: California Pizza, Brazilian Grill and Main Buffet. California Pizza salads were OK, but nothing special. It tasted like everybody was in a hurry without spending 15-20 more seconds to give this salad some kick. Grill was completely opposite: everything was slow, nice, polite and SLOOOOOOOWWWW. Maybe it was the night when the restaurant was shorthanded; maybe there was an issue with the kitchen. But we spent almost 2 hours there, almost got late to see our show. Food was good, no problems with food.

Buffet was the worse place where you could eat inside the resort. Nothing special, I mean NOTHING. My eye could not catch any dish I would like to taste. Comparing with Spice Market Buffet at PH, this is like comparing The Mirage itself and Best Western around the corner. To make the pill sweeter, this place is much better than Todai at PH. Much better. Do not waste your time; look for some different place to eat.

We are not gamblers, but we love to spend some time playing slot machines. This year we could not find any to be talking to us to play. This is our personal opinion and a lot of people would not agree, but all machines we spent our time at were boring. We have checked PH, TI, Bellagio, Venetian and Wynn’s casino floors and found a lot of more interesting machines there. Again, this is individual opinion, we do not insist.

Last thing, which is going to keep us away from Mirage next January. The resort does not care how many times you are staying there. Casino does, but your players points and promotions expire in a year. If you are not going to Las Vegas twice a year, no points, unless you spending a lot on your current stay.

If you are reading this review and going to pick Mirage first time, you get nice quality service. But when you could compare, this is no brainer: look for something different. Thank you Mirage and good buy!!!

Room Tip: Try Resort Tower rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Las vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have stayed at Mirage several times. love this hotel, great price check in is awesome, I rarely win but the pool is nice rooms are very clean. I feel secure. the maids service is good, love the restaurants ate at a few. places. enjoy my stay every time. highly recommend this hotel. Anita

Room Tip: all rooms are nice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

No, I am not a fan of Vegas. But there is a fair every year in January called CES and I have no choice, I have to go. After I stayed in the Hard Rock Hotel and the Venetian, this year I choose the Mirage. In all fairness, the cost of the room was about half of what I would have paid in the Venetian which is just across the street. But compared to my room in the Venetian, the one in the Mirage was rather small. Well, compared to an usual hotel room in a large city, it is still spacious. But, lets start with the location:

The Mirage is located in the middle of the strip, close to almost all attractions, so you can walk to almost everywhere you want to go.

I can not complain about the check in. When I asked for a late check out, the offered me one hour (12 instead of 11 am) for free or 4 hours for certain cost, 30 USD if I remember right. I took the one hour. They even gave me a small bottle of mineral water. What I realized later, many small gifts which are normal in other hotels are not provided here. You do not get bottled drinking water for free, you do not get slippers or a bathrobe provided. But in every floor you find a vending machine where you can buy water and soft drinks. Alcohol is sold in a shop in the ground floor next to the elevators.

The room design is not up to date. The last renovation must have been years ago. Only the flat TV is a sign of modernness. The worst part is the bath, in an ugly kind of yellow color.I really do not like to sower in the bath tub - and a shower curtain is something which should have banned 15 years ago. Even worth, the shower is fixed in about 1.80m height, not height adjustable, which is not perfect for me beeing 1,87.

But not everything is bad... the bed was quite comfortable and the windows can be opened a few centimeters so that you can get some air into the room. But this is all what I would see on the positive side.

The cleaning of the room was done very facile and careless. Every day I had to find something forgotten, I would say one of the lousiest room services I ever experienced. Also for example there was a cigarette end lying on the floor one morning - and I still found it at the same place the evening of the next day. Unacceptable.

The hotel provides free WiFi, but very slow. Almost unusable. And, surprise, surprise, you can get faster WiFi if you buy it.

I did not use the casino nor any of the restaurants in the hotel, so I can not judge.

All in all the Mirage is a hotel which is really outworn and has issues with the cleanliness, but offers a perfect location and reasonable prices. If you come to Vegas to party, it might be not the worst choice, if you come for business, better avoid it

Room Tip: some floors are smoking rooms, others are for non smokers. Rooms with a view to the strip are a bit...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive and negative experiences at The Mirage! Thank you for choosing The Mirage for the 2014 Consumer Electronic Show. Thank you for your feedback about our hotel amenities, our guest bathroom and showers, and internet service. I am sorry to hear about the cleanliness of your room during your visit. I would like to provide your concerns to our Housekeeping management team. When you can, please email me your reservation details to Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for the chance to learn more about your trip.

Been to The Mirage Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!