“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from the Mirage (Mar 28-Apr 1/13) and had a great stay. This is about my 12th visit to Las Vegas and I have tried several of the hotels. We (2 female cousins, in our 40's) on our yearly concert visit (Shania this year). Check in took about 10 to 15 minutes due to the lineup - she was efficient and courteous. Our room was on the 12th floor. Large, clean, quiet and comfortable beds. Staff always seemed to be busy in the hallways day and night keeping things clean and always saying hello. I appreciated their friendlyness and having them around. The pool is a very nice, busy area. It was 28 celcius each day so it was busy, pool boys were great at finding chairs and removing towels from chairs that seemed to be saved for too long. I appreciated this service. The only downfall to the pool area is perhaps the chairs are too close. Waitresses were helpful and visited often with cold beers. We are non smokers and they keep the casino area clean and fresh. Good choice of food/beverages thru out. I'd have to say the only down fall is the resort fee, which I feel should be included. Just a personal opinion. It did include wifi though, but it is patchy and did not work in our room. I would definately stay in this hotel again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,788)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Mirage about 4 times now for both work and play. I recently stayed with my husband for a short get away. I like the hotel primarily for it's location/value...it's right accross from the Venetian and next door to Ceasers. Also, really wasn't a horrible walk to Bellagio/Aria. The rooms are nice and the staff is friendly. The casino is VERY smokey...very poor air quality. The one complaint I have about the room is that the cleaner they use is very strong (an amonia scent) and not very pleasant...so when rooms are first cleaned the smell is aweful. I have always liked the pool at Mirage..the main pool has a fountain and kinda cool, but my favorite is the Oasis which is smaller and not as loud (it was $25/chair at Oasis but well worth it)...and you get chair side beverage and food service..it was wonderful! I would like to see the casino get updated, but overall decent place to stay for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Missoula, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Everything about the experience was wonderful, except when i realized that i had left my ipad in the room i had checked out of less than a day ago. I quickly called up the front desk to try and figure out where i had left it and i was connected to housekeeping 6 or 7 times and they wanted me to leave a message. So, after quite a while I found someone who said she would check the room (since no one had stayed in it since me) and she reported that nothing had been found. I was really disheartened to hear that my ipad wasn't safely in security and hadn't been found in the room since those were the only two places it could have been. I have been lead to believe, unfortunately, that one of the housekeepers has been dishonest about finding my iPad. I really do trust hotel room cleaners for the most part, but i don't understand how this could have happened. I have spent hours checking my bags and there is no other place it could be but at the Mirage. I have my fingers crossed that i'll receive a phone call from them, but at this point it isn't looking good for the return of my ipad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I am so sorry that after our search we were not able to locate the iPad. My email address is tripadvisor@mirage.com if you would like to give any further detail, or if you have any questions. I will keep in touch with our Lost and Found Department and would like to let you know immediately if we find it. Please feel free to send me your contact information, so that I may notify you if it is discovered.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Mirage is our go to Vegas hotel. We have stayed there at least 6 times. You cannot bet the location. The rooms are very comfortable and super quiet. The beds are wonderful and the bathrooms are updated and clean.
The Mirage has a great selection of restaurants and bars on site which is great for when you don't want to venture out too far.
Their pool is second to none! I have stayed at 'nicer' hotels in Vegas that offer suites for all etc...no one compares to the mirages pool! They also have a pool club on site that is super fun, BARE. Great staff and awesome drinks with cool music.
You can't go wrong if you stay here, you'll be happy with your choice!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Smithville, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We arrived at the Mirage before check in expecting to leave our bags with the bellmen until later, but we were plesantly surprised to get our rooms right away. The front desk personnel even found two rooms right down the hall from each other for our group! The room was large, clean, comfortable beds, very nicely decorated...great room! The location of the hotel was great. Lots of places to see near the hotel. There is even a tram that connects the Mirage to Treasure Island. Check out was easy, just follow the instructions on the TV. We did leave our bags with the bellmen at check out for a few hours. They were very helpful and bags seemed very secure.
We ate at the BLT Burger. REALLY good food!!. I had the Stripper (bunless burger) and it was great! My friends had the BBQ Brisket Sandwich and said it was wonderful. Prices at BLT were very reasonable, too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Berkeley, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The room:
We had a king bed room with a view behind the strip. There is a refrigerator but it is filled with food and beverages provided by the hotel. BEWARE, if you move anything or put anything of your own in there you will be charged and they will throw away your item. There is a menu of how much the things in there cost, it's expensive! The AC never really was able to keep up and it was muggy in our room except for at night. There is a $25 daily resort fee that includes the wifi, not sure what else this is for. Flat screen TV, iron/ironing board, blow dryer, safe in closet, desk, chair, decent bathroom. Overall it wasn't a spectacular room but it was nice.

Casino:
very large, tables were decent, and we did enjoy gambling here, not overcrowded

Pool:
There are 2 pools: the main pool and a "bare" pool for those who want to be bare
(extra fee per day).
The main pool opens at 9am. We got there at 930am and there were hardly any chairs left. There are a lot of chairs but people get there at least 30 minutes before the pool opens to lay all their belongings on chairs. Get there after 930 good luck getting a chair and expect to be laying on the ground. No one was in the pool except kids the first day because the pool is chilly. It was about 80 degrees while we were there (March). I am guessing the summer months everyone enjoys the chilly water.
Drinks at pool: $20 for a 32 oz strawberry daiquiri

Cravings:
Ate breakfast buffet here, was so good, lots of food for around $15 a person on a weekday and $34 on weekend

California Pizza Kitchen:
Very good, pizzas were about $16 a pizza

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Plymouth, Indiana, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very enjoyable experience. The Mirage is a very high quality hotel, great rooms, staff and of course the food! My trip to Las Vegas was earned thru my hard work as an Avon Lady. The MIrage truly welcomed us and pampered us!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Mirage Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!