“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was our first time in Vegas and we stayed for 2 nights at The Mirage in mid-January 2013. It is obviously not a Caesar or Bellagio but it was pretty good considering the price for a 4 star hotel and the location. This hotel is in the middle of The Strip and is fairly close to all of the other hotels. Note that the hotels are very big and on big blocks of land so it can take a bit longer to walk from one hotel to another.

The Volcano was being refurbished when we stayed so we were not able to view that.

We stayed in the Delux Room and it was pretty big and roomy. The room was clean. Nothing to complain about.

At night, there were employees checking everyone's keys to make sure strangers were not going into the hotel lifts.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,063)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Great location on the strip. Check in was very quick and easy. We had a car and Valet was quick every time and always asked if we needed directions. We had a king bed with view of the pool and strip. Bed was comfortable. Room was nice, not fantastic. Rhumbar was a nice outside bar. Overall it was a very good hotel. I would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I attended a conference at Caesar's Palace the week of January 28 and decided to stay at the Mirage instead. It was a great experience. Room was very comfortable, clean and quite roomy. Also was very quiet which is unusual for Vegas! We anticipated it getting louder as the Super Bowl weekend was getting closer, but it didn't. I liked the fact that the casino was nice and not super-huge (like Caesar's). They are doing some construction but it really wasn't a problem. I didn't get to go to the pools, but it looked like one was drained. We ate at California Pizza Kitchen and it was super. Also tried BLT Burger. My husband said the turkey burger was one of the best he has had. I just had a salad, but it was good, too. Gambling was tough here - lost money, didn't see many folks winning on the slots, but I can't say that I did anywhere else either!

Room Tip: We were on the 23rd floor - never heard much of anything.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

it was my second time in Las Vegas, first time I went to Aria - I suggest you that new beautiful huge resort , but never the Mirage !
I stayed there with my husband Jan29-Feb3 for 5 nights. Here are the points of not staying there:
1. Resort fee I paid was $140 per 5 nights - absolutely for nothing! When I was checking out, read what I was told by the front desk girl: " ok...your balance is $295 ( asked to explain why is it so much)... did you use our refrigerator bar? ( In said that I was buying my own bottles of everything)...Oh,so your new balance is now $140 - just a resort fee ". I was shocked, she was expecting maybe I will just give them $295 with no questions, lol. Nice trick :)
2. The hotel is old, so in the bathroom there were little aunts walking on the floor :)
3. The rooms do not have a shower cabins, just a little bath tab with curtain;
4. The rooms are very dark, there were just very little lights, so everywhere was dark, except the bathroom;
5. Their TV was loosing a signal every 2 minutes, so we never could watch even one program:(...;
Here is some info about their restaurants :
1. Till 11 am there are no place to eat except one very scary one with the line for one hour and star box where they have just one kind of tea!
2.11am the burger place is opening, but that is not healthy in the morning at all !
3. All restaurants for a dinner open at 5pm
4. They have one more place - pizza place with a horrible food! Believe me, you do not want to eat there ! Twice our waiter changed my disgusting soup, and than brought a cob salad. In three hours we were in our bathroom with my husband trowing up everything... Such a sick food and a salad was sour cause not fresh :(
5. The hotel gives you a $75 credit to use in their restaurants and bars. When I came to the bar to have a drink and said about my credit, bartender charged me $34 dollars for two drinks, but then they were $26 ( when I paid cash );
6. The only good place to eat were Japanese restaurant, but when I ordered one shut of Grey Goose, they brought me some acetone smell vodka - scary ! I went to bartender to change it an he asked me to be very quiet and with no problem changed my shot. It was the same acetone :(, Grey Goose was not real.
Those little things are upsetting people that are expecting to have a grate time and pay money for that ! And I am not picky, but, believe me, you do not want that... Go to Aria !

Room Tip: I don think this old hotel has a nice room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited Las Vegas last week and stayed at the mirage. It was our first stay there..I was pleased with all they had to offer and they had tons of amenities...the only drawback was the lack of cocktail waitresses on the floor...in front of the slots for half an hour on a non busy nite...we saw no servers...we left and went next door to Cesar's and we had to fight the servers off with a stick for the same time period...however the overall experience was an enjoyable one

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel has a lovely atmosphere with many fresh flowers and plantings. The music is not too loud and varies according to time of day. The personnel is extremely friendly and knowledgeable.
It is one of the best hotels in Vegas!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Flew in from Canada to see George Straight and had a ball thanks to The Mirage. It was well worth the trip, My son and I never dreamed the concert would be so great.... Hotel accommodations were awesome, treated very well , food was a little expensive but good. It was very hard to find a waitress on the floor to get a drink..I figure it cost me 100.00 a drink,,,lol thats how much you spend on slots in between drinks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Mirage Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!