“First time & won't be the last” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3400 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV 89109   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“First time & won't be the last”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My partner & I stayed at the Mirage from the 5th-9th January 2013 for my partners birthday. From check in we loved the hotel. The hotel has lovely grounds and the rooms were fab. The rooms were cleaned daily & fresh towels put in the bathroom on a daily basis as well. All the cleaners were polite & always acknowledged their guests. As it was my partners birthday we were given a strip view room, which was amazing & chocolates were sent up to the room. I had ordered balloons to be put in the room for arrival but due to time difference & me not answering my emails straight away my details weren't given in time, however the supervisor gave us a birthday treat of room credit to enjoy a lovely birthday meal, which we really appreciated & this made the occassion more special.
If you're going to see any show in Las Vegas it has to be the Beatles show, it was great & definitely worth every penny, or shall i say worth every cent :). Another lovely touch to this hotel is the secret gardens, its amazing. I'm a huge fan of dolphins & lions and my partner is a tiger lover so obviously we were happy, but these animals were gorgeous & they were looked after well, mirage guests save $2 on entry which makes it better. The must of all treats is a visit to the frozen youghurt store, wow their smoothies & shakes were delicious! We would not contemplate going here again, hence we're looking to book for my birthday in August next year. We can not wait to get back to The Mirage! We can't stop talking about it!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,788)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Mirage January 12th - 14th for his birthday. We are in our mid-30’s. This review may sound mixed. The hotel and grounds are very beautiful. Our room was a basic King room and was very comfortable, clean and up to date. In fact, the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a hotel! We visited Sigfried and Roy's secret garden which was money well spent. The temps while we were there were in the 20's - 30's so we did not use the pool. The main pool was closed for the season but the small pool was open and heated. We did not really do too much at the Mirage as far as restaurants and bars as we found their prices to be more than we found that we wanted to spend. $7 for a Miller Lite and $11 for a small mixed drink, we think that's a bit high when you can go other places for less than half of those prices, especially if you plan on drinking a lot, $20 a round can really add up! We received complimentary buffet tickets (for up to $40) as a promotional offer through the website which we booked, so that was the only time we ate at the hotel. We had the breakfast buffet which was very good and offered a lot of what seemed like good quality choices. The staff was very orderly and professional, especially at our checkout which was quite chaotic as many, many people were trying to checkout all at the same time. The staff made strict sure everyone was helped in the order in which they walked up. People would try to avoid the long line that had formed and walk directly up to a representative but that person would be immediately ushered to the back of the line where they should have gone in the first place. I always appreciate it when customer service is offered at a first come first serve manner. This one feature alone totally upped my opinion of the way this place is managed. I loath being cut in front of in line. The only complaint we really have is the $25 per day "resort fee". We knew about it ahead of time, so that was not an issue. Apparently this daily fee is to cover things like gym use, pools, in room wifi etc. Things that many other hotels just include. We booked this property based on the gorgeous looking pools, not knowing the main one was closed (I ignorantly assumed it was warm year round in the desert), plus, unfortunately our timing was during a unseasonably cold spell (obviously no fault of the hotels) however, we called the Mirage prior to leaving to check on the openness of their hot tubs/jacuzzi and we were told that the hot tub was open and the smaller pool was open and heated. When we got there though, we were informed that the hot tub was closed for seasonal cleaning/repairs. I guess we could have used the gym but to us it seemed like we paid $25 a day for really nothing extra, and the $25 fee is not an option. Overall we thought the Mirage was very lovely. Yes, I would recommend it to others but the only way we would stay here again (based on what we paid) would be if we stayed while their main pool is open for the season assuming it were warm enough outside. As far as I’m concerned with as much as there is to do in Las Vegas and for as little time as we spent in our room, I’m not too convinced that it really matters where one stays. All in all you cannot go wrong with the Mirage, it is also located in a great area along the strip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Well located property, not too expensive, rooms are nice, although we did have some plumbing issues which was promptly resolved (partially).

Property is massive, lots of long walkways! I guess you can ask for a room close to the lifts if you are not fond of walking. The views do vary depending on which section you are in.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Checked in late on our arrival but found the staff very friendly and with a minimal wait.
The main problem was the distance you have to walk from the lobby to get to the elevators, for room access as well as from the car park.
It has been five years since our last visit there and with our party being non smokers you just seemed to be engulfed in smoke with this walk alone, let alone the gambling tables ! !
Some of the newer Casino's seem to have better systems for extracting the smoke, and that does make it more enjoyable when losing your money.
The rooms were just as we expected, grand, marble everywhere and with a great look over "The Strip" as requested when booking over the Internet. The beds were very comfortable, and no noise heard from the other rooms. Nice touch, Chocolates were left on New Years Eve, pity only left 2 in a room for 4 people ??
All in all, we had a fantastic New Years there. Food, drinks and the fireworks at mid-night were great. We will return for another New Years Eve.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Eckert, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here for a confrence and was pleased.The hotel is clean and the hotel staff friendly . It is a little loud in the hallways when people come and go at all hours of the night , but hey it is VEGAS. Room was clean and always well supplyed , the only problem with the room , and the reason for not giving an exelent review is, out side our window there is a lower roof and there was all kinds of trash down there . LOOKED realy bad. Ok enough complaining. The casino is good and restuants are nice.overal we enjoyed our stay there. The location next to the Forum shops and the other shopping is realy nice to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lively, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a few years ago. The hotel itself was awesome. however, I would like to say that the rates they charge for a phone call are absolutely ridiculous. I called home (to Canada) daily to speak to my children. I made about 6 calls home and they lasted approximately 5 minutes each - when I checked out the cost of the calls amounted to $400.00. No, that's not a typo, it was $400.00 - I thought it would be cheaper than using my cell phone (at the time I had a pay-as-you-go phone) - lesson learned.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Bell guy took our bags as we arrived at 8 am...checked in at 1 pm fast no line. Checked in dec 29 on a Saturday so impressed at how fast service was...check in close to entrance so nice...elevators not a far walk either ...rooms very clean ...comfy bed and pillows. Used concierge to book reservations for dec 31 on dec dec 31 ...really fast and helpful! Ate at fin Chinese food delicious . Great location.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to The Mirage Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!