“great stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Albuquerque, NM
“great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed during xmas, when we check in, the hotel was fully booked, so the receptionist was kindly enough to upgrade our 2 room reservation to a 2 bedroom penthouse suite, which made everyone very happy.

The suite was huge (the master bathroom was too big - if that's even possible in a good way). Great stay with volcano/strip view, all the necessities were there. Got $150 food credit with the booking as well. Great deal and location on the strip.

Now to the "not to good". I guess because of the packed hotel, wifi was really really really really slow during the entire stay, which made it impossible for us to conduct any type of emailing, tweeting or facebooking.

The bed, the sheets and the pillows aren't that great, the bed seem to be higher in the middle then both sides.

All in all, not a bad stay, the upgrade to suite bumped the rating from 3 stars to 4 stars. If you are looking for a great location, not too expensive, yet clean/modern place, pick the mirage.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I love when I get that upgrade from a hotel – our 2 bedroom penthouse is the best in Vegas (although I am a little biased :) ). I am sorry for the WiFi speed. In 2013, the Hotel Tower WiFi is being totally upgraded because of the feedback we’ve been receiving from our guests. The new Lobby and Casino floor WiFi went live the last week of December and that has drastically improved the experience for our guests and we are looking forward to having the hotel tower completed this year as well!
I also must apologize for the lack of comfort in the beds you had in the suite. I love our beds, so much so that I bought one for myself. I would love to know which suite you were in so we can take a look at it. Please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com and I will definitely get up to that room. THANK YOU and we hope to see you again soon. Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,861)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a pretty good experience staying at the mirage. Friendliest employees, by far, were the house keeping people, they were great. Booking was easy and check was smooth enough.
Had a few negative experience.
1. We booked 2 adjoining rooms. The first night about 4:30am someone, with a key, tried to come into one of our rooms, luckily we had the swing bolt locked and they couldn't get in. After a call to the front desk, we found out that they had one of our rooms as a no show (thought we had checked in had a working key etc) and so sold it to someone else. That could have been a lot worse than it was but they comped us $100 food and beverage credit.

2. We had 2 security guards deliver a noise complaint at 9:30pm, which seemed pretty early for Vegas, but we were about to leave anyway so we didn't sweat it.

3. The buffet wasn't very impressive, if we didn't have all the food & beverage credit we probably wouldn't have eaten there. Usually you could find 1 think that was decent on the buffet , but not what I would expect for Vegas.

Overall it wasn't a bad stay, but we'll probably stay somewhere else next time we go to Vegas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry about the experience you had with your adjoining room. That was clearly a mistake and I am glad was remedied immediately. It also makes me very happy to hear that the friendliest employees you encountered were in Housekeeping. Our Housekeeping Leadership is working very hard to ensure that everyone in the department understands in addition to their regular job duties, friendliness and engagement is a critical component of their day. As for the buffet, I am sorry you did not enjoy it. I hope that you were able to find some food here at The Mirage that was more enjoyable, pizza at CPK is always solid and the sandwiches at Carnegie Deli are one of a kind our here in Vegas.

Thank you so much for your visit and sharing the feedback. If you have any questions or other comments, please feel free to email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com. I hope to see you again – we would love another shot at exceeding all of your Vegas expectations (and I won’t send Security to your room until after 11pm.) Happy New Year.
Toledo, Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

As always, a great value for your dollar. Rooms are very nice, but the casino needs some renovations. California Pizza Kitchen by the Sports Book and the Carnegie Deli are awesome and must be visited!

Tulsa, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We visited the Mirage last week, and found it to be adequate. The room was nice, with all the towels and toiletries a person could need. The bed was comfortable; the tv was large and got fine reception. Housekeeping did a good job. We had a volcano view, which turned out to be a good strip view. We thought the volcano's constant eruption would impede a good night's sleep, but we were so tired once we got to the room each night that it was not a consideration. If you are a light sleeper, there are other things to keep you awake at the Mirage. We found the room to be noisy due to the fact that the doors are very difficult to open, which results in a loud thump every time a neighbor leaves or returns. Also, the voices in the hallway and other rooms are pretty prevalent. The bathroom was small but adequate. The only complaint with that is that the bathtub had a large and ugly rust damaged area which would not allow a person to take a bath. This room was shower only! The most notable annoyance we encountered was the air conditioning. It did get cold or warm, as we chose, but the room was always muggy. It made it unpleasant to enter the room. We ended up opening the window to let outside air in to do combat with the inside air. It worked pretty well.

The casino at the Mirage is large and dark. It has some good games and the tables were fine. The casino is smokey and they have tried to mask that smell with scented air. It results in a mix of smoke and vanilla/coconut aroma, and that is tough to be in for a long period of time. A person begins to taste it on their tongue. The games did not seem to pay out very well either.

There are several restaurants and eating areas in the Mirage. We sampled California Pizza and will not return, as it was average at best. We also ate several times at Carnegie's Deli. Each time we had high hopes. Their portions are outrageous, but only good or average, no entree we had was great. I will say that their black and white cookie is worthwhile, and their cheesecake and pecan pie are very good. There is always a line to get in, so we took the desserts via the take out area.
BLT is still my best pick at the Mirage. It offers up great burgers, shakes, fries, and the like.

The staff was very nice and helpful. The tram to Treasure Island was a nice change from walking. The Mirage is well located on the strip, near other hotels and casinos, and near the Fashion Mall. The exercise facility was top notch.

All in all, there are many places on the strip which are better picks. For the same money, a person can get more than average in Vegas.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Volcano view, but if you are a light sleeper, you might choose a different area of th...
Rolla, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have been staying here for the last 4 years during the NFR. This is one of the better places I have stayed in Vegas. The rooms are always clean. The house cleaning staff is the very friendly and always asking how they can help and greeting you in the AM.

The nightlife during the NFR is always top notch here. EXCEPT for the old bartenders that work in the Sports Book bar at night. These have to be some of the rudest people I have come into in all of Vegas. This is just not coming from me but EVERYONE I have talked to regarding these guys. The rudest of the bunch is the skinny old mad (didn't catch his name) with grey hair. He always seemed to be very "spastic". I'm not refering to serving everyone in some type of order or fast. I realize this is such a busy time and it can be hectic.. But the type of unhuman rudeness would have to be unacceptable to the Mirage management staff as it is to the patrons. I could go on and on, but I think I got the point across. We will be rethinking our nighlife position for next year.

I would have given this hotel a "very good" or "excellent" rating if it wasn't for the individuals who made this expeirence substandard. I do not like to leave bad comments.

Midland, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Mirage is always a pleasure. Everyone there is so welcoming and fun to be around. They really make us feel appreciated. We are no high-rollers but we feel like it there.
We saw Ron White this trip -- crazy funny!

Ct., USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This is my fourth stay--- got great room overlooking the Wynnn side...shame BB King's is closed and due to season this is not pool weather, so I don't understand why a 20 dollar daily "resort fee".... But it continues to win my heart with the waterfalls, the foliage that reminds me of a small rain forest: very refreshing! And the Beatles' Love!!!! Best show in America!!! Will return during spring time!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mirage Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!