This was our first trip to Vegas so we didn't know which hotel to choose. We took a gamble with the Mirage, and overall we really liked it. There was a snafu with checking in (Travelocity and Mirage didn't communicate with each other) that we had to resolve twice - that was kind of obnoxious. BUT they gave us a $75 food credit for our trouble, so that was satisfying.
The major PROS: we had a non-smoking room and it did NOT smell like smoke. Excellent! GREAT MEAL at BLT inside the Mirage - delicious burgers. Man, it was good. Starbucks was in the hotel, too - nice. Right across the street are McDonalds, Chipotle, Subway, Outback Steakhouse, Panda Express, etc. This saved us a TON of money (every casino's restaurants are expensive) and was SO convenient. There is also a "Tix 4 Tonight" booth (discount show tickets) across the street in the Casino Royale building. Very convenient. Great location overall -- we hung around the Bellagio, Mirage, Caesar's, and the Venetian mostly so it was perfect for us. We took a long walk down to the MGM Grand one night and it was a l-o-n-g walk home. There's a tram but we didn't want to pay for it. The Volcano was cool - we could see it right outside our window but it didn't wake us when had to go to bed early. Casino was fine; nothing amazing but we enjoyed it. Very easy to get cabs outside.
CONS: The room fiasco, which was eventually made right. Doors are really thin and you can hear everything in the hallway. Pool was closed - 72 degrees is perfect swimming weather for an Ohioan, but not so much in Vegas. :) The Buffet wasn't all that great -- wish we had eaten at BLT again instead of trying the buffet, but oh well.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- The Mirage Hotel
- The Mirage Hotel And Casino
- Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Mirage Hotel
- Hotel Las Mirage Vegas
- The Mirage
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the exotic - a world tantalizing to the imagination and the senses. The rooms are enticingly transformed. The villas and lanais are exclusive and private. The AAA Four Diamond service is excellent. Dining is sumptuous. The nightlife, dazzling. Experience the Grammy® Award-winning Cirque du Soleil® production of The Beatles™ LOVE™ and laugh with Terry Fator and His Cast of Thousands. Discover our Secret Garden and royal white tigers. Enter our Dolphin Habitat to meet Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Feel the night heat up as you move between thrilling hot spots. Our enviable center-Strip location makes us an ideal spot to stay and play. The first. The best. The undisputed hottest rooms on the Strip. The Mirage. Vegas Starts Here™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Olotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Amex, Agoda, Priceline, MGM Resorts, Otel, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Mirage Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.