“Good Stay for a Bachelor Party Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Smyrna, Tennessee, United States
“Good Stay for a Bachelor Party Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed in the 2 Bedroom Hospitality Suite. It was a very nice room, but the lighting was terrible (too dark), and the only sunlight came from the windows in the bedrooms, which didnt help the hospitality area much! There were a couple of worn places in the suite, particularly in the Master Bath, and the door worked when it wanted to. But all in all, we were a group of 5 sharing the space, and were not too fussy. The Bose entertainment system was very nice, and came in good use. Cravings Buffet was pretty good, I liked the omelet stand they have, and everything else was pretty decent. We didn't do too much in the hotel, as we were always out and about. The hotel did the trick, and was located next to everything we wanted to do, and places we wanted to eat (Joes Stone Crab and Hash House A Go Go). I would definitely stay here again on another guys trip. Also, check-in went smooth, and we never had any issues our entire trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
CandiceCordery, Guest Relations Manager at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Las Vegas is definitely THE place to celebrate a bachelor party; we thank you for choosing The Mirage! As part of our Green Advantage we have adopted certain changes to better conserve and help the environment. One of these upgrades includes switching our interior and exterior lighting to energy efficient bulbs. I will definitely share your feedback with our management.

We are so glad you were all able to enjoy the Bose system in your Suite. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your valuable feedback. It would be my pleasure to assist you and your friends on your next guys trip to Las Vegas, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at tripadvisor@mirage.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,784)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was my 3rd stay at the Mirage, the first 2 times with my husband and this time with a friend and I would definately go back. It is very well located on the strip making it easy to walk to all locations. The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable making for a good nights sleep. The hotel it self it not as big as some which makes it easier to get around in, as compared to Cesarz's where we stayed on our first visit. The pools is like and oasis with all the palm trees and water falls.

A couple tips on where to eat. The buffet is very good at Cravings, and the BLT makes awesome deep fried pickles, and their frozen drinks-All Nighter -are to die for! Make your way down to Maragritaville for Volcano nauchos, they are a meal on their own and you won't need anything else even if you share with a friend. PF Changs down at the Miracle Mile has great lettuce wraps.

The shopping is wonderful especially at the North Premium outlet mall. Just a note, sign up on line for their VIP pass, and you will receive extra coupons.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was my first trip to las Vegas and I was accompanied by my two sons, one of whom had been here three times before. We chose this hotel because it is situated in the middle of the Strip and close to other top htels like the Bellagio, Wynn/Encore and Caesars Palace. Our rooms were large and spacious and well furnished. We were on the 9th floor with views over the pool and towards the South of the Strip. The hotel is huge (as our most on the Strip) and the receptionist had to explain on a map how we would find our way to guest lifts and our rooms. However there were no delays and was quick and efficient.
We squeezed as much as we could in over the 4-5 days and made use of most of the bars in the hotel and one of the restaurants. We also saw the Beatle's Cirque Du Soleil Love Show, which is on at the Mirage and which is fantastic. But when buying tickets at the box office ask about any discounts; I got the impression that we wouldn't have got ours unless we asked for it.
We used the pool on a few occasions to chill out and regain some energy for the evenings. The pool is excellent but does get very busy and the beds are very close together. Getting taxis is fast and there are plenty of people to help with your luggage. Be prepared to tip whether you are in a restauarant or bar but overall I found the pricing very fair but it was helped with quite a good rate of exchange. Bottles of beer (1pint) around the pool or in bars is between $7-8 and shorts are about $10 in bars and $15 in the clubs. My sons went to different clubs but I spent my last hour or so each evening in the casino. Whilst the hotel was busy it is easy to get on a table and there are hundreds of slot machines to play.
We had a day out at the Grand canyon, which was brilliant and the company I booked with (Viator) were excellent and looked after us from the moment we were picked up at the hotel.
The time went by too quickly but we had a great time and I will return. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Highr floors will give you better views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Hi all, first post, so bear with me.

A few weeks ago, I stayed at the Mirage Hotel and Casino, in Las Vegas. This review is more geared toward an issue that was encountered than the actual facilities. For the record, the hotel itself was very lovely - the rooms are modern and hip, and the pool was a treat.

Now the bad. This is a portion of the email I sent the Mirage guest services staff after my stay:

"The second day of my stay, I accidentally dropped a small plastic package off the rear of the nightstand between the two beds in my room. From my knees, I felt around near the rear leg of the nightstand for the package, and, to my *GREAT* dismay, instead pulled out a condom wrapper which was ripped open with the condom still inside (*seemingly* unused, thank God).

After extensively washing my hands, I pondered calling the front desk, but realized there was really nothing else to be done about the issue. Instead, I figured I would mention it to the front desk clerk at checkout, and went about enjoying the rest of my vacation.

However, when I checked out, I was treated quite summarily by the front desk clerk. At no time did she ask me how my stay was, if there were any problems or comments to be made. I felt quite awkward bringing up such a disgusting occurrence without being asked, so I let it go unmentioned (along with one or two other minor issues I felt put a much smaller damper on my stay, but were perhaps worth mentioning to rectify).

In retrospect, I should have volunteered the information regardless. The problem with this situation is twofold. Firstly, a member of the cleaning staff *clearly* dropped the ball. I realize the back rear corner of the carpet under nightstand might not be the easiest to clean, but finding a semi-used condom is absolutely repulsive in every way. Had my wife found it rather than me, I suspect there would have been a complaint of epic proportions. Thankfully, she was occupied elsewhere and didn't need to hear about it.

Secondly, the front desk clerk seemed more concerned with charging me with the remainder of my bill (resort fees + food) than being polite and courteous.

In fact, I wasn't actually even at the front desk to check out; I was simply inquiring about boarding pass printing - but she said she would check me out as well. "

There is more to the email, but that's the important part. Even more annoying, though, is the fact that nobody bothered to respond to me in any way about the incident. In the original email, I made it very clear I wasn't fishing for any kind of rebate or refund: I really just felt the situation was disgusting and should have been brought to their attention.

Their failure to reply to my concern is what caused me to post this review. I can live with the first two mistakes, but the third makes me genuinely angry. I wrote them another email expressing my anger. I will update this review should somebody from the Mirage take the time to respond to the second email.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CandiceCordery, Guest Relations Manager at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide such honest feedback. I want to personally assure you that our guest’s satisfaction is our absolute number one priority. We truly are sorry that your room was not maintained properly, especially the item you mentioned finding. I have been in contact with our guest relations coordinator who did indeed find your original email; I know she has reached out to you to be of assistance. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our pool and we hope to have the opportunity to see you at The Mirage again in the near future. It would be my pleasure to assist you in your next trip to Las Vegas, so we can deliver an exceptional experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at tripadvisor@mirage.com
puerto vallarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've been staying here since they opened the doors, 23 years ago. They make my stay a pleasure. The staff is friendly, helpful and professional. Love the location of the hotel, near other major casinos and shopping. Restaurants in the Mirage are fabulous but again, if you want to go somewhere else for dinner, it will be close by. Great beds!

Room Tip: All the rooms have nice views. I like the North tower but the South tower is also good.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

A grand hotel in the middle of the strip. Rooms were spacious, very clean and wanted for nothing. Excellent bathroom and shower facilities. Plenty of dining options in the hotel itself all to a good standard. If in Vegas a visit to Freemont of an evening is a must.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Although we didn't stay here, next time we visit las vegas we will be!
We visited the mirage hotel on a numerous of occasions, we watched the volcanions outside the hotel - they were fab.
We eat at the all you can eat buffy which was lovely, great food and great service and at a very good price. The hotel was very nice, and the staff were very helpful. The best part of this trip was swimming with the dolphins which we did at the mirage hotel, it was around $490 pp which sounds alot but well worth it. It was a full day 'trainer for the day' breakfast was included which was lovely, we watched the trainers and went behind the scenes to see how they look after the dolphins/feed them etc. We then got into the water with them which was out of this world, we did tricks with the dolphins and swam with them, this was the followed by a 3 course meal of our choice, there was lots to choose from and the food was outstanding the chef was very friendly and a great cook, then we spent the rest of the afternoon in the water with the dolphins, the instructors were great and there was a photographer taking photos the whole time which we got a disk full of them at the end which a large A4 photo so defo worth the money. They also have a tiger habitat that was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We continually strive to make our guests feel at home and to provide top notch service and accommodations. I'll be sure to share your positive comments about our amazing Dolphin Trainer for a Day program with our team! This opportunity is unique to only The Mirage, here in Las Vegas. I must admit that I really enjoy taking a walk outside and visiting the dolphins when I get a chance - it is magical! I hope we will have the pleasure of accommodating you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at tripadvisor@mirage.com so I can assist in your future reservation.

Been to The Mirage Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!