I'll say it here and now... I don't like Las Vegas. There, it's out in the open. My club days are long gone and I'm a cautious gambler. The thing is, I'm drawn to visit in the same way that i stare at traffic accidents, part horrified and part transfixed. This time we brought our kids to the scene. Not exactly the best stop for a family but it was a good end to our Grand Canyon and AZ travels.
So with that preamble, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my room at the Mirage down the long and never-ending corridor, was a pleasant oasis from the Strip. The rooms are modern and relatively large. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom, while small, was quite nice. The space was clean and bright and a nice get-away from the ring ching ding of the slots.
The Mirage location was great - right in the middle of the strip - which made walking or driving to a destination easy. The pool was the reason why I selected the Mirage for our family and in the end this was our biggest disappointment. I had hoped to find everyone still at the casinos at 10 AM but instead they all had the same idea as our family. Fortunately, while there wasn't a lounge chair to sit on, there was plenty of space in the pool for our kids to swim since the water was too cold for most adults.
Finally, we ate breakfast at the poolside (Paradise) cafe. Definitely not a bargain with Coffee prices higher than Starbucks, but it was a really good breakfast in a pleasant location, so I will recommend it. I cannot recommend the Carnagie Deli which I've eaten at in NY (the real one - not NYNY). The original is worth a trip but pass on this one.
Finally, we did gamble a bit at the Mirage and had some fun. I cannot comment on the quality of the gambling since I'm a self proclaimed and proud novice at the sport. I go to lose my money slow enough to get a drink. I'm $1 down this trip and up one grasshopper! My husband is up considerably plus two Sam Adams. He knows more - I suppose.
So, if you are heading to Vegas and want a cool location, this fits the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the exotic - a world tantalizing to the imagination and the senses. The rooms are enticingly transformed. The villas and lanais are exclusive and private. The AAA Four Diamond service is excellent. Dining is sumptuous. The nightlife, dazzling. Experience the Grammy® Award-winning Cirque du Soleil® production of The Beatles™ LOVE™ and laugh with Terry Fator and His Cast of Thousands. Discover our Secret Garden and royal white tigers. Enter our Dolphin Habitat to meet Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Feel the night heat up as you move between thrilling hot spots. Our enviable center-Strip location makes us an ideal spot to stay and play. The first. The best. The undisputed hottest rooms on the Strip. The Mirage. Vegas Starts Here™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Vegas.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Mirage Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- The Mirage Hotel And Casino
- Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Hotel Las Mirage Vegas