“A budget hotel in Vegas” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera Hotel & Casino

You added Riviera Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Riviera Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #148 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Singapore
“A budget hotel in Vegas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Good location (in the strip), many parking place. They charged $15 per day for resort facility so make sure u are comfortable with that.

Tried out the buffet lunch but the food wasnt very impressive. Might come back to the hotel if they have good price but might not try out the food again.

• Stayed January 2013
GMRivieraLV, General Manager at Riviera Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
I am sorry to hear that the Riviera Buffett was not as impressive as you would have liked. I was glad to hear that you appreciated the value of your stay at the Riviera. I have passed your comments to our food and beverage team for their consideration. I would also suggest that any guest seeking a more luxury dining experience please consider our wonderful R steaks. The steakhouse offer a happy hour specials from 4p-7p nightly and the food is wonderful.

Jay Franken | VP of Hotel Operations | generalmanager@theriviera.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Out West
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Riviera; I didn't know what to expect going in - I had never stayed there before - but I was disappointed over all.

You know it's sorta sad to see the property having pictures of all The Greats who performed there - Martin, Burns, Diller, -- the list goes on and on -- but nothing that spectacular happens anymore. They have three shows to chose from: a comedy club, a magic show, and a showgirl review.

It's sad to see that what was once a very large, elegant check in lobby is draped off and sign pointing to a more austere location around the corner. My check in was speedy and efficient and I was on my way to the Luxury tower within moments. Luxury? Immediately upon entering the elevator, I saw that the brass doors had deep grooves in them from screws and hardware scraping.

My Luxury room was anything but - more DoubleTree than Ritz. There was a bed, a dresser, a desk, two end tables, and a chair plus ottoman. The ottoman was stained, the desk had a lamp but no pens or paper. The end table had a clock that displayed the incorrect time. A large grease spot adorned the bath towel. The A/C unit was one of these that mounts on the wall and below the window - loud, rumbling with a convulsion every time it turned on and off.

I reported that the ice machine in the hallway was leaking (okay things happen) and Yes - a crew member came and through down some towels and a wet floor sign - but then that stuff stayed there for at least three days - and was there when I checked out.

The casino was relatively small and just a few shops. Okay it isn't Caesar's, but more than a tattoo parlor please!

I can really see that this was a Grande Dame during the 50's, 60's 70's and 80's - but not now.

You know what this place really needs? Some folks who give a damn - I just didn't see it here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMRivieraLV, General Manager at Riviera Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent visit. The Riviera prides itself on offering a wide variety of shows and amenities this includes Illusions Starring Jan Rouven, Crazy Girls, The Comedy club, 12 showings over the next 3 months of Steve-O and Tom Green�s �The Original Pranksters�, The Antique Arms show Jan 18th, 19th, & 20th. The Riviera offers a wide variety of shows and exhibits that change monthly so we always have something new and fresh to offer even to repeat guests. Also for guests future who are looking for n upgraded room experience I would recommend booking a Deluxe room in the Monaco tower our most newly renovated room product.

York, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

So we got a great rate for New Years. That about sums it up. Room was old and worn, but we had a fridge unlike friends staying at Harrahs. Gym was in another building... Too far to walk when you walk in town all day. Had to take the RTC bus to get downtown. It was cold waiting for the bus. The Banana Leaf Restaurant stayed open 24 hours and the soups were really good. Don't order the sushi, very bland. It was ok, just would rather stay where the action is. Maybe nex time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear that you felt as though the Riviera was just average. We offer a wide variety of shows, restaurant, room, and gamming options for every hotel guest and budget. As to the transportation guests are not limited to the RTC bus the hotel has a cab stand that is manned 24 hours a day, the Riviera also offers limo and town car service that can be arranged in our VIP check in area or with a Bellman.

Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the Riviera from Dec 26 - Dec 30th and our stay was fabulous. Rooms were clean, staff and service were friendly. Prices for food and beverages are much less than on the strip. It exceeded our expectations and would highly recommend this property even a little down the strip it was a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and all the hotel offering at the Riviera. As you mentioned in your review we do our best to offer amenities at a price point that cannot be beat on the Las Vegas strip. Thank you for your great review and we hope to see you here again very soon.

Temecula, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Three friends and myself stayed at Riviera over the summer and very much so enjoyed out hotel room. It exceeded all of our expectations (even the girl who only stays at 5 star hotels). It was very clean, and well kept. The only thing I didn't like was the smell of smoke in the lobby but it's Vegas and it's a casino so it can only be expected. The only negative I have about the place was that the pool closed at 8pm. It was summer and most days after exploring, we didn't make it back to the hotel until after then and it was too late. I would highly recommend this place. It's old and classic but remodeled and beautiful!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
GMRivieraLV, General Manager at Riviera Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I am very happy to hear that the Riviera exceeded your expectations during your visit this summer. We are also happy to learn that you stayed in the newly renovated Monaco tower and enjoyed the deluxe accommodations. We strive to offer a 5 star experience to every guest at a price that comparable hotels on the Las Vegas strip can not match. I will take your suggestions about the pool staying open later into consideration when it opens again in April (Weather permitting).

Waterloo, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed one night only as an ad-on booking to my flight into Vegas, at a very low rate. I got my money's worth but not much more. The whole place has a tired and faded air. I was in a luxury room (after they tried to upsell me and I declined, they upgraded me anyway), but the only "luxury" I could see was a flat screen TV. I had a voucher for a 2 for 1 meal and free drink but the Victoria Pub, despite being advertised as open 24 hours, closed before midnight and I was unable to use it (late flight). The desk staff were friendly enough but restaurants are independent operators and "there was nothing they could do about it". Perhaps if I had stayed longer the place would have grown on me, but based on my brief experience there the only thing that would bring me back again would be another rock bottom rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sorry to hear that the only thing that you seemed to appreciate about your stay was our rock bottom rates. It is true that we do have some third party vendors here at the hotel but there is always something that can be done to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay. I suggest that any future guest who has any issues during their stay please reach out to a manager so we can ensure everything is addressed. I also suggest that guests who are booking for a more upgraded experience please stay in our newly renovated Monaco tower. These Deluxe accommodations are the newest in the hotel and are in a hotel tower that is entirely non smoking.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

this is one of the best hotel i've stayed in while in las vegas the rooms were great i would stay there im next time out in las vegas .super great buffet and steak house and the casino was super great never had to wait for the cocktail waitress to come around best staff i have ever been around in any of the hotels in las vegas and i have stayed in many of other ones out there on the stripe the riviera by far had the best staff

Room Tip: super great location and easy to get in and out of